+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sweet Caroline

Sweet Caroline

Are we in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland all going to sing along to England football fans' favourite song then? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61562773

Re: Sweet Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Are we in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland all going to sing along to England football fans' favourite song then? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61562773
    Nope

That song is done & dusted for me now, childish of me I s’pose but I refuse to get involved in any ‘Sweet Caroline’ singalong now. Been on a few holidays since England’s (and our) Euro failure and a lot of nights end up with this, you can tell the non English in the bar by our sullen shaking of the head whilst remaining seated

We’ve been singing it on our coach journeys home, for about 20 years

Most annoying that it’s fallen into foreign voices

I will be singing the National Anthem of our United Kingdom on Jubilee Day:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yqrAPOZxgzU

I’d imagine the ‘Gareth Bale bad back’ song will be aired with gusto in both Wroclaw and Cardiff on the Wednesday & the Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    I will be singing the National Anthem of our United Kingdom on Jubilee Day:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yqrAPOZxgzU
    A much better choice

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    oh **** off

That is the worst song ever written. It makes me want to kick my telly through the window every time it comes on. ****ing despise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    That is the worst song ever written. It makes me want to kick my telly through the window every time it comes on. ****ing despise it.
    I quite like it when a drunk takes the mic off a pub singer and starts to bawl it out after 12 pints. Makes you reevaluate your comments on the "shit singer" when you hear someone who can't sing have a go.

Mar..ci..a..3 syllables

First Team

So these celebrations are over a person called Elizabeth ,who is British and head of the Church of England.

Yet the song picked is about a women called Caroline, sung by an American who is Jewish.

Regardless of what you may think about the institution or the song, could this tune be less appropriate if it tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    So these celebrations are over a person called Elizabeth ,who is British and head of the Church of England.

Yet the song picked is about a women called Caroline, sung by an American who is Jewish.

Regardless of what you may think about the institution or the song, could this tune be less appropriate if it tried.
    I'm sure I could name a dozen more inappropriate songs with no difficulty

Its a fairly harmless song, everyone knows most of the words and the tune, if the press ( in this case BBC R2 ) hope the UK will sing it to the queen, no harm in that either, plenty of things to get worked up about in this world, this maybe isn't one of them

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'm sure I could name a dozen more inappropriate songs with no difficulty

Of this I have no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Its a fairly harmless song, everyone knows most of the words and the tune, if the press ( in this case BBC R2 ) hope the UK will sing it to the queen, no harm in that either, plenty of things to get worked up about in this world, this maybe isn't one of them
    She’ll only tune in for Popmaster, doubt if she’ll be listening to the UK singing it to her. Wouldn’t ‘Who wants to live forever?’ by Queen be more appropriate because she’s having a good f*cking go.

She ain't no human being

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    She’ll only tune in for Popmaster, doubt if she’ll be listening to the UK singing it to her. Wouldn’t ‘Who wants to live forever?’ by Queen be more appropriate because she’s having a good f*cking go.

Just waiting for some people to say it's actually called Sweet Chippy Lane

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    Just waiting for some people to say it's actually called Sweet Chippy Lane
    It's not called sweet Caroline Street either.

Is it Sweet Caroline Street or Sour Chippy Alley.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Yea, but what happens next, to be honest I hope she hangs around to 150 to avoid the alternative!

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post

And Bluebirds are not indigenous avians here, of course.