Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
Was Warnock the only manager to have some sort of relationship with Mckay - no. So why not have a go at all the other people who had contact with Mckay instead of continually trying to discredit Warnock achievements here.
I am pretty certain , after checking with several other clubs in the EFL and Premier League , that none of them had any dealings with Willie McKay at the time when he was not a licenced intermediary and was therefore banned from being involved IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER in transfer deals. That includes any involvement as an "advisor" to his son.

He is still not licenced to act and will not be until at least August 2023 when his 5 year Bankruptcy Restriction Undertaking ends (normally a bankrupt gets a discharge after 12 months but McKay`s behaviour was such that his Trustee in Bankruptcy successfully got that extended to 5 years. (these are facts that can be verified on official publicly available websites).

Neil Warnock knew McKay well , having dealt with him on transfers before , and would have been well aware that he couldn`t get involved in the Sala transfer but still dealt with him including taking flights back and forth to France with him, So it is hardly unreasonable to suggest that he must have had other motives for doing so. The suggestion is just strengthened by the granting of playing contracts to two of McKay`s sons who weren`t up to normal required playing levels.

McKay can hardly be regarded as keeping his involvement a big secret as he visited the Cardiff City Stadium on at least two occasions on a match day (I saw him there with my own eyes) and was overheard speaking about transfer matters.

You are right to ask about others at CCFC who were aware of McKay`s involvement in the deal but didn`t stop it. This question has been asked of the directors who say that their objections were overruled by the club owner after a direct approach to him by Neil Warnock.