+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock to be investigated?

Warnock to be investigated?

Re: Warnock to be investigated?

Why wait ten years to bring this to light ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why wait ten years to bring this to light ?
    A number of Warnock’s ex-players have made similar claims in various podcasts and interviews in recent years. Interesting, as I’ve never heard any former players make claims of this nature about any other manager.

While the FA are investigating, they should take a look at the deal which brought the McKay twins to Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    A number of Warnock’s ex-players have made similar claims in various podcasts and interviews in recent years. Interesting, as I’ve never heard any former players make claims of this nature about any other manager.

While the FA are investigating, they should take a look at the deal which brought the McKay twins to Cardiff.
    Weren't the McKay twins on the radar of many Championship clubs at the time?

Investgated for ???

He belongs to an age where dodgy deals are done and he was successful in a sport full of corruption

Name the players involved and the location of the podcasts and interviews, so that we can all make an informed decision on whether to believe them or not. I repeat, why has Rowan Vine waited for 10 years before bringing this information forward ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Investgated for ???

He belongs to an age where dodgy deals are done and he was successful in a sport full of corruption
    Remind me never to employ you to defend me if I ever have to face charges.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Remind me never to employ you to defend me if I ever have to face charges.
    Lol

Name the players involved and the location of the podcasts and interviews, so that we can all make an informed decision on whether to believe them or not. I repeat, why has Rowan Vine waited for 10 years before bringing this information forward ?
    Jason Puncheon was one. Google it.

Why has Rowan Vine waited 10 years before bringing this information forward? No idea. You'd have to ask him. Wasn't it a TikTok video or something similar? Maybe he didn't intend to make the allegations publicly, but these things have a habit of surfacing eventually. But who cares? The information's out there now.

Any views on the magnificent McKay twins deal Warnock struck?

Perhaps he didn’t want to jeopardise anything during his career and decided to let a few years go by. Many allegations & truths come out years later for various reasons.....Saville, Prince Andrew, Bennell, Spacey etc. Doesn’t mean they’re any less serious if proved to be true.

Jason Puncheon was one.
    So one then? Guess that is a 'number' 🤣

So predictable

There was a Sheff U player (I think) who said Warnock would only put a sub on if they split the appearance fee. Can't remember who it was now.

Edit: If the game was safe or gone - it wasn't a general policy.

Maybe he wanted to wait until Warnock retired?
    Didn't we consider signing Rowan Vine when Warnock released him at QPR, or was it just silly season on the message board?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Didn't we consider signing Rowan Vine when Warnock released him at QPR, or was it just silly season on the message board?
    I thought we were after him from Luton?

Why has Rowan Vine waited 10 years before bringing this information forward? No idea. You'd have to ask him. Wasn't it a TikTok video or something similar? Maybe he didn't intend to make the allegations publicly, but these things have a habit of surfacing eventually. But who cares? The information's out there now.

No, you google it and provide the information. You are the one who made the accusation. With regard to the Mckay twins, in order to make a decision on that, we need to know exactly how much they were paid and other details of their contracts - any ideas ?

Or on the transfer of Joey Barton from Newcastle to QPR when NW was QPR manager?

Or the football authorities looking into transfers arranged through an agency who at the time employed James Warnock when NW was Crystal Palace manager?

Or the football authorities being very concerned about transfers arranged through a different agency who by then had employed a certain James Warnock when NW was CCFC manager? At one point 9 of our squad were on that agency`s books which is a higher number than any other club in the EFL or Premier League. That included a couple of players that moved to that agency from another one.

Or of CCFC manager NW regularly picking his youngest son William to play in Development games ahead of more talented players, therefore partly blocking their development?

In my opinion, by far the most worrying activity was NW dealing with Willie McKay over a considerable period concerning the Emiliano Sala transfer when he knew full well that said individual was not an authorised intermediary (and also remains an undischarged bankrupt until at least August 2023 )and therefore was not allowed under FA and UEFA rules to have any involvement at all in football transfers. That would be the same Willie McKay who was the agent involved in the Joey Barton transfer mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Has Warnock retired though ? He has said he has before.

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Blue View Post
    So predictable
    What is?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    Or on the transfer of Joey Barton from Newcastle to QPR when NW was QPR manager?

Or the football authorities looking into transfers arranged through an agency who at the time employed James Warnock when NW was Crystal Palace manager?

Or the football authorities being very concerned about transfers arranged through a different agency who by then had employed a certain James Warnock when NW was CCFC manager? At one point 9 of our squad were on that agency`s books which is a higher number than any other club in the EFL or Premier League. That included a couple of players that moved to that agency from another one.

Or of CCFC manager NW regularly picking his youngest son William to play in Development games ahead of more talented players, therefore partly blocking their development?

In my opinion, by far the most worrying activity was NW dealing with Willie McKay over a considerable period concerning the Emiliano Sala transfer when he knew full well that said individual was not an authorised intermediary (and also remains an undischarged bankrupt until at least August 2023 )and therefore was not allowed under FA and UEFA rules to have any involvement at all in football transfers. That would be the same Willie McKay who was the agent involved in the Joey Barton transfer mentioned above.
    Did the football authorities take any action though. Some of these things happened years ago. Until proven otherwise Warnock is not guilty of anything and your comments are all speculation and innuendo. Where is the evidence that Warnock was involved with anything illegal in any of the things you said.

No, you google it and provide the information. You are the one who made the accusation. With regard to the Mckay twins, in order to make a decision on that, we need to know exactly how much they were paid and other details of their contracts - any ideas ?
    Do your own research if you’re interested. I’m too busy trying to find more information about the massive Madine loan fee. It’s eluded me thus far.

No matter what their contracts were they had **** all business being here.

Sounds like a load of cobblers. TLG stated 'A number of Warnock’s ex-players have made similar claims in various podcasts and interviews in recent years' that is one hell of a statement and one that he should give details of his findings.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Sounds like a load of cobblers. TLG stated 'A number of Warnock’s ex-players have made similar claims in various podcasts and interviews in recent years' that is one hell of a statement and one that he should give details of his findings.
    I haven’t conducted an investigation. Therefore, I have no findings to present. I remember reading reports about Puncheon’s claims which I believe made it as far as a Parliamentary select committee, I remember reading on here discussions about podcasts in which an ex-Sheffield Utd player or players claimed they had had to split appearance money with Warnock if he put them on as a sub or something similar (I didn’t pay too much attention and never listen to podcasts), and now we have Rowan Vine’s claims.

Probably all rubbish, though. After all, Warnock didn’t conduct any suspect deals while he was at Cardiff, did he? I’m sure he’s as honest as the day is long.

As much as I admire what Warnock did when he first came here, that promotion season was something special, that deal with the McKays was dodgy as hell and his relationship with their father casts a cloud over it all.

The bringing on of Rhys Healey in a game we needed to get something from ( and could have) away at Fulham was another odd one.

Brought on 15 minutes before Bobby Reid, who immediately made a massive difference ( Healey wasn’t much more than a passenger)
    Appearance fee ?

1hr 18