Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    1hr 18

Re: Warnock to be investigated?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    1hr 18

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    A number of Warnock’s ex-players have made similar claims in various podcasts and interviews in recent years. Interesting, as I’ve never heard any former players make claims of this nature about any other manager.

While the FA are investigating, they should take a look at the deal which brought the McKay twins to Cardiff.
    An extremely reliable source said that this was "allegedly" happening at Middlesborough and was discovered by the owner. He was less than pleased and worked out a way for them to part without it becoming common knowldege. The same source advised me that Tan took great interest in the Bacuna transfer after Wanock had left, he was advised that the figures didn't stack up and we paid way away over both the purchase price and wages for a player of his quality and reputation. The only other bids were in the £800k mark.

The Transfer Committee said no to the Sala transfer so Warnock goes over their head and persuades Tan directly to approve the transfer at a fee which Dalman and Co were not happy with.

I wonder why he was so desperate to sign him ? What was his motivation ? Of course, he must have thought that he was the striker we needed to solve our problems !

Is Tan saying yes to Warnock after the Transfer Committee saying no the biggest "Sliding Doors" moment in the history of CCFC ?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...alman-21950687

Where are there people on this thread so determined for this not to be true? I don't understand why people who are detached from a situation could be so against things being investigated. It doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    No matter what their contracts were they had **** all business being here.
    The point that i am making here us that if they were paid peanuts (which I believe they were) and as they were brought in as ‘squad fillers’ to only add experience to the reserves (which is what i remember from the time and they certainly didn't get anywhere near the first team) then why does everyone get so upset about their signings. They will have cost the club very little in wages/bonuses. These sort of things are just an excuse used by the ‘Warnock haters’ to continually beat him and the club over the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    As much as I admire what Warnock did when he first came here, that promotion season was something special, that deal with the McKays was dodgy as hell and his relationship with their father casts a cloud over it all.

The bringing on of Rhys Healey in a game we needed to get something from ( and could have) away at Fulham was another odd one.

Brought on 15 minutes before Bobby Reid, who immediately made a massive difference ( Healey wasn’t much more than a passenger)
    Appearance fee ?
    Was Warnock the only manager to have some sort of relationship with Mckay - no. So why not have a go at all the other people who had contact with Mckay instead of continually trying to discredit Warnock achievements here.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    An extremely reliable source said that this was "allegedly" happening at Middlesborough and was discovered by the owner. He was less than pleased and worked out a way for them to part without it becoming common knowldege. The same source advised me that Tan took great interest in the Bacuna transfer after Wanock had left, he was advised that the figures didn't stack up and we paid way away over both the purchase price and wages for a player of his quality and reputation. The only other bids were in the £800k mark.
    This is all ‘tittle tattle’ and here-say. Not worth the paper it isn’t written on.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The point that i am making here us that if they were paid peanuts (which I believe they were) and as they were brought in as ‘squad fillers’ to only add experience to the reserves (which is what i remember from the time and they certainly didn't get anywhere near the first team) then why does everyone get so upset about their signings. They will have cost the club very little in wages/bonuses. These sort of things are just an excuse used by the ‘Warnock haters’ to continually beat him and the club over the head.
    There could be a case for saying it was for "the greater good" (the greater good) of pleasing mckay for us to get something in return so we signed his kids. It could have been even more dodgy than that.

But surely nobody could argue they were signed for footballing reasons.

This is all ‘tittle tattle’ and heresay.

Was Warnock the only manager to have some sort of relationship with Mckay - no. So why not have a go at all the other people who had contact with Mckay instead of continually trying to discredit Warnock achievements here.
    How many of them signed both his kids?

I spoke to a father of one the decent u23s who played with them.He said that the other players were staggered when the twins were offered contracts as they weren't any good in their trial games. They also,after signing,told the others their wage, which was a lot.

The point that i am making here us that if they were paid peanuts (which I believe they were) and as they were brought in as ‘squad fillers’ to only add experience to the reserves.....

Experience of what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    This is all ‘tittle tattle’ and heresay.
    It appears that believing that Neil Warnock is capable of doing wrong is also heresy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    It appears that believing that Neil Warnock is capable of doing wrong is also heresy.
    I suspect that if one was brave enough to take it further then it might encourage others to come forward if they could see it was being taken seriously but I suspect its the FA next move that will be interesting??

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    As much as I admire what Warnock did when he first came here, that promotion season was something special, that deal with the McKays was dodgy as hell and his relationship with their father casts a cloud over it all.

The bringing on of Rhys Healey in a game we needed to get something from ( and could have) away at Fulham was another odd one.

Brought on 15 minutes before Bobby Reid, who immediately made a massive difference ( Healey wasn’t much more than a passenger)
    Appearance fee ?
    Was told years ago by a former player that he’d turn to the bench and ask who was willing to offer most to come on, so would be surprised if it isn’t true.

Surprised people still talk about that Healey sub. Yes it was a little left field but Healey had been showing some promise and surely what’s happened since shows it wasn’t that crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    excellent way of ridiculing poor spelling

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Was told years ago by a former player that he’d turn to the bench and ask who was willing to offer most to come on, so would be surprised if it isn’t true.

Surprised people still talk about that Healey sub. Yes it was a little left field but Healey had been showing some promise and surely what’s happened since shows it wasn’t that crazy?
    He brought Healey on as a playmaker replacement for Camarasa whilst Reid twiddled his thumbs on the bench for another 15 minutes. It's as mystifying today as it was in the ground!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    He brought Healey on as a playmaker replacement for Camarasa whilst Reid twiddled his thumbs on the bench for another 15 minutes. It's as mystifying today as it was in the ground!
    And as he did it the chairman and CEO both simultaneously went into meltdown, this is from someone who was there and witnessed it first-hand

I am pretty certain , after checking with several other clubs in the EFL and Premier League , that none of them had any dealings with Willie McKay at the time when he was not a licenced intermediary and was therefore banned from being involved IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER in transfer deals. That includes any involvement as an "advisor" to his son.

He is still not licenced to act and will not be until at least August 2023 when his 5 year Bankruptcy Restriction Undertaking ends (normally a bankrupt gets a discharge after 12 months but McKay`s behaviour was such that his Trustee in Bankruptcy successfully got that extended to 5 years. (these are facts that can be verified on official publicly available websites).

Neil Warnock knew McKay well , having dealt with him on transfers before , and would have been well aware that he couldn`t get involved in the Sala transfer but still dealt with him including taking flights back and forth to France with him, So it is hardly unreasonable to suggest that he must have had other motives for doing so. The suggestion is just strengthened by the granting of playing contracts to two of McKay`s sons who weren`t up to normal required playing levels.

McKay can hardly be regarded as keeping his involvement a big secret as he visited the Cardiff City Stadium on at least two occasions on a match day (I saw him there with my own eyes) and was overheard speaking about transfer matters.

You are right to ask about others at CCFC who were aware of McKay`s involvement in the deal but didn`t stop it. This question has been asked of the directors who say that their objections were overruled by the club owner after a direct approach to him by Neil Warnock.