+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Reds Have Taken Over Paris

Re: The Reds Have Taken Over Paris

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Woolybacks are the name my scouse mate at university used to give to outsiders hopping on the Liverpool bandwagon

I think they mean as in following like sheep
    Woolybacks is a general term for people born/living in smaller towns surrounding Liverpool. Usually fairly close so they have some connection to the city. My missus grew up 7 or 8 miles from Liverpool and falls into this category. Don’t think they’d generally call a South Wales based Liverpool fan a woollyback but maybe it’s use gets extended by football fans.

I’m on holidays in Greece atm. Watched the game a in local bar with lots of Liverpool fans, some obviously from outside of the City, a few Evertonions and fans from other clubs.

It was noticeable how much more hostile the fans from other clubs (ManU, Leeds etc.) were to Liverpool than the Evertonians, who all seemed to enjoy better spirited banter with the Liverpool fans and vv.

Worth a read, put in both threads
    https://mobile.twitter.com/draper_ro...30463270518785

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Fake media ID is the way forward then.
    In reality, thousands travelled without tickets, gendarmes don't like the British and aren't trained in managing large football crowds other than pepper spray/tear gas, poor organisation/ communication on the day, some fans had fake tickets (knowingly or otherwise), local yoof scaled the barriers and Scousers got blamed, genuine fans missed up to half the match. Liverpool lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Spiteful possibly. but "horrendously Spiteful " way over the top moralising. If Everton did it, they got one up on their rivals. That's What it's all about.
    That's what what's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    That's what what's all about?
    Rivalry Delmbox, Rivalry. I know you have this sanitised, middle class view of the world but cut it out. Let working class culture live.

Rivalry Delmbox, Rivalry. I know you have this sanitised, middle class view of the world but cut it out. Let working class culture live.
    Just seems a bit childish and pathetic to go to all that effort to ruin a massive occasion for a bunch of strangers and children just because they support a different team but maybe I have a happier and more fulfilling life I guess.

Same applies to having multiple names on a messageboard too Mr "Joined in April 2022" but whatever takes the edge off for you

Just seems a bit childish and pathetic to go to all that effort to ruin a massive occasion for a bunch of strangers and children just because they support a different team but maybe I have a happier and more fulfilling life I guess.

Same applies to having multiple names on a messageboard too Mr "Joined in April 2022" but whatever takes the edge off for you
    They'll live, nobody got hurt. Good on Everton. Now stop the moralising over something so trivial. It's FUNNY

I'm not on multiple names. I read this site for years before joining. Feel like I know all the regulars.

They'll live, nobody got hurt. Good on Everton. Now stop the moralising over something so trivial. It's FUNNY

I'm not on multiple names. I read this site for years before joining. Feel like I know all the regulars.
    Did the fans who were stuck waiting for the coach pay money to this fake coach company?

I'm not on multiple names
    Course you're not

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Says dave , in the city with 10 of his mates

From Peterborough

I had admiration for Liverpool in the Seventies

But it's just a comedy show now

Peterborough Reds ff sake
    Very much quieter in Paris today than it was on Friday night

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Did the fans who were stuck waiting for the coach pay money to this fake coach company?
    Here comes lardy, looking for something to be outraged about.

No it was cash on the door. Do normal working class fans have your permission to laugh now?

Without a doubt