+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Reds Have Taken Over Paris

Re: The Reds Have Taken Over Paris

Seems there are also hundreds left standing at bus stops across England as well as their coaches haven’t turned up or drove by. Suggestion of an Everton supporters scam

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Seems there are also hundreds left standing at bus stops across England as well as their coaches haven’t turned up or drove by. Suggestion of an Everton supporters scam
    I can't stand fake fans but I wouldn't wish that sort of trick on anyone , could be young kids heartbroken

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Support who you want, but pipe down with this "we" or "us" nonsense. Weak as ****.
    What's the score with American football and baseball ? Are the 49 ers supported in dakota because they are the Liverpool of American football ?

I have no idea if they are by the way

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    One old Liverpudlian described them as ‘excess baggage’
    I think they're also derisively described as 'Window Lickers' by the locals up there due to their salivating at the first sight of Anfield, how sad.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What's the score with American football and baseball ? Are the 49 ers supported in dakota because they are the Liverpool of American football ?

I have no idea if they are by the way
    The Cowboys are the Liverpool of American football. Except they are yet to come good again. There are only 32 teams and there are 50 states. New York has three teams, California has three, Pennsylvania has two etc etc. There are 26 states without a football team. People latch on in much the same way as they do over there. You can subscribe to a thing called the "NFL Sunday Package" where you can watch any game you want. A lot of bars do it. And it's funny because you can see the ages of the little groups sitting at their tables and the Steelers fans will be from the 70s, 49ers and Dolphins fans from the 80s and then the Cowboys fans from the 90s, Packers fans from the 2000's etc. It's weird, you don't see many plastic Patriots fans. Most people hate them. Or did.

There are also "TV Markets". So here, they have to show Jets and Giants games if they are playing. But if the games aren't sold out, there's a TV blackout in that market. That never happens here though. If you live in one of the Dakotas, I imagine you support whoever you want. Or whoever's on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    I think they're also derisively described as 'Window Lickers' by the locals up there due to their salivating at the first sight of Anfield, how sad.
    Woolybacks are the name my scouse mate at university used to give to outsiders hopping on the Liverpool bandwagon

I think they mean as in following like sheep

More here:
    https://fanbanter.co.uk/liverpool-su...m-at-bus-stop/

Woolybacks are the name my scouse mate at university used to give to outsiders hopping on the Liverpool bandwagon

"Wooly back" means anyone not from Liverpool.

A "Wool" is typically used for people from The Wirral, Southport etc

I can get it with some people supporting who ever they like,but the point I don’t get is when they never or very rarely go to see them play.
    There’s a bloke down my local who’s Liverpool this and Liverpool that buts he’s never seen them.

Can’t make it up.

My experience in the States is that college football is where the locals show there support. My friends / work colleagues are half way between Cincinnati & Columbus. They’re Ohio State Buckeyes fans rather than Bengals fans

I was raised in West Wales, 1hr10 from Swansea, another 40 mins on top of that from Cardiff. I was never exposed to them bar the scores coming up during the sports bit of the Welsh news. Man Utd though were on MOTD, sticker books, Match magazine, Shoot magazine etc so I supported them.

Saw the light when I moved here for uni in 2001 and started going to watch Cardiff and built a far stronger bond but life's too short to get upset about people who's support you don't approve of.

I draw the line at people from Cardigan calling themselves Scousers and Mancs though, especially if they then get all anti English during the Six Nations.

I also really hope that Everton bus scam isn't true because that is horrendously spiteful if it is

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    I can get it with some people supporting who ever they like,but the point I don’t get is when they never or very rarely go to see them play.
    There’s a bloke down my local who’s Liverpool this and Liverpool that buts he’s never seen them.

Can’t make it up.
    Probably watches them on tv though doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Saw the light when I moved here for uni in 2001 and started going to watch Cardiff and built a far stronger bond but life's too short to get upset about people who's support you don't approve of.
    I agree but the game moved to cater to the national and global audience and something was lost with it, so the occasional tut is understandable.

My experience in the States is that college football is where the locals show there support. My friends / work colleagues are half way between Cincinnati & Columbus. They’re Ohio State Buckeyes fans rather than Bengals fans
    More folk that way tend to support Cleveland but as you say, most people in Columbus are big OSU fans.
    In fact people who live up as far as the Michigan border to support OSU.
    My Wife's family are huge into them and they are from the Toldeo area.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I was raised in West Wales, 1hr10 from Swansea, another 40 mins on top of that from Cardiff. I was never exposed to them bar the scores coming up during the sports bit of the Welsh news. Man Utd though were on MOTD, sticker books, Match magazine, Shoot magazine etc so I supported them.

I draw the line at people from Cardigan calling themselves Scousers and Mancs though, especially if they then get all anti English during the Six Nations.

I also really hope that Everton bus scam isn't true because that is horrendously spiteful if it is
    "Horrendously Spiteful" get a grip ffs

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You would be shocked by so many Cardiff Reds as well I know 5 and they cant name a single City player .

My bouncy neighbour with his scouse 70 Candy top just said we going to win tonight , I calmly replied

"" Hala Madrid! ...y nada más ""

He looked confused then turned on his heels muttering calm down ,calm down finally he took his small moustached , curly black hair being back indoors to drink his 18 cans of Carling , and crash though his party sized bag of monster munch and Mars Bars.
    Have to say I'm rooting for Real Madrid for the simple reason the English media have decided that Trent Alexander-Arnold is forever going to be referred to as 'Trent'..

Green Bay Packers ?

Its a small community near the great lakes ?

Where do they play , is the stadium full ?

And is there a train station near the ground ?

America is so massive these sort of things confuse me

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    More folk that way tend to support Cleveland but as you say, most people in Columbus are big OSU fans.
    In fact people who live up as far as the Michigan border to support OSU.
    My Wife's family are huge into them and they are from the Toldeo area.
    What are the crowds like in American football ?

Green Bay Packers ?

Its a small community near the great lakes ?

Where do they play , is the stadium full ?

And is there a train station near the ground ?

America is so massive these sort of things confuse me
    Yes. 100k. yes, yes & it’s ffing cold in the winter, big open outdoor “field”

Allegedly 150k Liverpool fans in Paris, 80% without tickets

What are the crowds like in American football ?
    The size? Or what are the fans like?

Some college teams get over 100,000 every home game. Most NFL teams sell out every game.

The crowds are rowdy, they make plenty of noise. There's no segregation. No fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The size? Or what are the fans like?

Some college teams get over 100,000 every home game. Most NFL teams sell out every game.

The crowds are rowdy, they make plenty of noise. There's no segregation. No fighting.
    How many away fans normally attend?

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    "Horrendously Spiteful" get a grip ffs
    I don't actually think it happened but you don't reckon the idea of Everton fans faking coaches to take Liverpool fans to the Champions League Final and then those coaches not turning up, leaving them with no way to get there, is spiteful?

Spiteful possibly. but "horrendously Spiteful " way over the top moralising. If Everton did it, they got one up on their rivals. That's What it's all about.