Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
Fully depends on what you go for. I use the Tenda Nova mesh , you should be able to get a 3pack which should cover a 4/5 bed home easily for about £60.
Have found it perfect for what I needed. My router has to be in an inconvenient corner of the house due to the way the phone line has been installed. The mesh bounces the WiFi signal all around the house without losing any power (which was my main annoyance with plug in 'wifi boosters' that I initially tried ). Means I have a great signal throughout the house now and it extends out to the garden too.
I’m with TalkTalk Fibre and run the Amazon Eero Pro system (3 pack). Similarly, the talk talk router struggled to reach my extension which caused regular drop outs. I replaced it with the 3 router Eero pro system, including hard wiring one of the hubs to the primary hub and can’t fault it at all. It’s exceeded all my expectations. I now get my max speed throughout the house and garden. The app is also great. It logs all devices connected to my network and allows me to control their access individually. I can also see which hub they’re connected to. One other benefit is the ability to create profiles for the kids where I log all their devices and can limit access to certain sites (or apps), restrict internet access during set times or even block devices completely. All very easy to set up and monitor.