+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone Remember Shipping 6 At Port Vale ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Anyone Remember Shipping 6 At Port Vale ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Liege was a couple of weeks later.

The August and September of that year was a total fuuckdoodle for me watching City. Not saying I wasn’t responsible but you live and learn.

Fulham, Port Vale, Liege and then Blackpool.
    So why did the police at port vale have the cavalry on the pitch ? Was it due to Fulham away ......and I have seen far worse

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    So why did the police at port vale have the cavalry on the pitch ? Was it due to Fulham away ......and I have seen far worse
    I’m assuming there was a police presence at Port Vale due to the antics in Fulham and there were a number of locals who seemed quite happy to get their hands dirty on the day?

It was my birthday the day after the Vale game and as was the tradition at the time I was hopelessly under the influence of alcohol and drugs. I can’t remember a police horse at all. City were on a bit of a high after the Fulham win and as usual any smidgeon of success we all got really giddy with it all. We were even pulling crowds of over 6000 for matches in Ninian Park

Heady times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I’m assuming there was a police presence at Port Vale due to the antics in Fulham and there were a number of locals who seemed quite happy to get their hands dirty on the day?

It was my birthday the day after the Vale game and as was the tradition at the time I was hopelessly under the influence of alcohol and drugs. I can’t remember a police horse at all. City were on a bit of a high after the Fulham win and as usual any smidgeon of success we all got really giddy with it all. We were even pulling crowds of over 6000 for matches in Ninian Park

Heady times.
    I went to the 6-1 game , but there was more bother at a later Port Vale game in 93