+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Real Madrid. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Liverpool v Real Madrid. Match thread

Devastation in Cardiff-on-Mersey tonight. Can’t say I was too disappointed with a Madrid win.

Phil Neal you can get fecked as well

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Devastation in Cardiff-on-Mersey tonight. Can’t say I was too disappointed with a Madrid win.
    A friend of mine was in town at 630 pm this evening , she sent me a photo

Bloke in a Liverpool top in the corner

Silly sap

Proud cardiffian

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    A friend of mine was in town at 630 pm this evening , she sent me a photo

Bloke in a Liverpool top in the corner

Silly sap

Proud cardiffian
    4 people in front of me cheering on Liverpool and 2 in shirts.

Ah well, better luck next season lads.

Got to admit my heart bleeds for all those Cardiff Scousers.

Courtois was outstanding tonight. Trent once again showing he's a liability at the back.

What a season for Liverpool..........
    Won 2 cups nobody else is interested in............
    Apart from Utd & Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    What a season for Liverpool..........
    Won 2 cups nobody else is interested in............
    Apart from Utd & Spurs
    On penalties

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Well done Real Madrid the best team won. There will be a lot of disappointed people in the valleys.
    And in Cardiff

Loads of locals follow united and Liverpool rather than their home town team

It's fecking embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    And in Cardiff

Loads of locals follow united and Liverpool rather than their home town team

It's fecking embarrassing
    For Jubilee day the school children were encouraged to wear red white and blue, loads of kids had Liverpool tops on.

Radio 4 reporting that thousands of Liverpool fans without tickets stormed the gates, French authorities blaming Liverpool fans. Critics say The French authorities were too quick to use tear gas

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Radio 4 reporting that thousands of Liverpool fans without tickets stormed the gates, French authorities blaming Liverpool fans. Critics say The French authorities were too quick to use tear gas
    Liverpool fans blaming Chelsea fans....

I bet there was at least 20 coaches , if not more from Cardiff and South Wales over there

As these soppy tarts have no interest in supporting their local teams I hope they have a dreadful journey home and I am absolutely chuffed they lost .

5 for Bale though.....
    Imagine if he was English.........

Highlight for me was Micheal Owen arguing that Liverpool were the best team in Europe, Rio wasn't having it, Owen was arguing with a passion that he genuinely believed it

He then doubled down on his claim at being a clown by saying that the Cross for the goal was a Shot, Stevie G looked embarrassed by that and just lost for words

5 winners medals for Bale, he hast done too bad in Spain

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Highlight for me was Micheal Owen arguing that Liverpool were the best team in Europe, Rio wasn't having it, Owen was arguing with a passion that he genuinely believed it

He then doubled down on his claim at being a clown by saying that the Cross for the goal was a Shot, Stevie G looked embarrassed by that and just lost for words

Would you expect the best team in Europe to play three hundred and thirty minutes of Cup Final football in a season and not score a single goal?

I know

Didn't even win the league.

Before he said he thought they would blow Real away.

I thought they would win but it's a champions league final against real Madrid, was always going to be close, particularly based on Liverpool's other finals this season.

best team in europe even though they lost owens a clown

Owen was an embarrassment. Even before the game started he said that Liverpool were another level up from Madrid and he expected a comfortable win. When his beloved team was turned over he thought he could salvage the situation by his inane claim that regardless of results Liverpool were the best team in Europe. Part of that golden generation of England footballers who always believed they should have won the World Cup even though they hardly ever progressed beyond the quarter finals !

Why can't people support what they want? You may well be stuck in the hell that is port talbot but wish to dream of other things

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Why can't people support what they want? You may well be stuck in the hell that is port talbot but wish to dream of other things
    They can. Just don't act like you're one of them. Scousers are people from the city of Liverpool not people from elsewhere that have decided to support Liverpool Football Club.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They can. Just don't act like you're one of them. Scousers are people from the city of Liverpool not people from elsewhere that have decided to support Liverpool Football Club.
    I don’t get as wound up about plastics as some, but I just don’t get the mind set behind a man in his forties or fifties whose lived in the Rhondda valley all of his life wandering around his home village with a Liverpool shirt on like I saw two doing at 8 o clock yesterday morning or the mind set which has a stain glass Liverpool FC window put in his house like someone who lives not far from me has done.

There are plenty of lows for most fans who choose to follow their local and/or home town team, but they only make the rare highs that much more enjoyable when they come along - plastics don’t get such feelings, I just don’t get how they could experience the sort of pride I feel when City win something or reach a Final.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don’t get as wound up about plastics as some, but I just don’t get the mind set behind a man in his forties or fifties whose lived in the Rhondda valley all of his life wandering around his home village with a Liverpool shirt on like I saw two doing at 8 o clock yesterday morning or the mind set which has a stain glass Liverpool FC window put in his house like someone who lives not far from me has done.

There are plenty of lows for most fans who choose to follow their local and/or home town team, but they only make the rare highs that much more enjoyable when they come along - plastics don’t get such feelings, I just don’t get how they could experience the sort of pride I feel when City win something or reach a Final.
    They don't. It's now not about winning something, or getting close, it's more about how much 'silverware' they get in a season and is it enough for their fans not to be disappointed. The number of times in recent years I've turned on the Radio [5 live mostly], where they have got together a couple of rival 'fans' from the top clubs discussing who won more FA cups in the last 15 years, more league cups, more Champions League wins, finals.

Knowing a few of them, I worked out they all seem to be stuck in the mind of a nine year boy, love MOTD and they choose their team on who was the best back then. Different strokes for different folks, they seem happy, they even go to Anfield or old Trafford now and again you know…..in 30 years it will be Man City tops worn by them

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Knowing a few of them, I worked out they all seem to be stuck in the mind of a nine year boy, love MOTD and they choose their team on who was the best back then. Different strokes for different folks, they seem happy, they even go to Anfield or old Trafford now and again you know…..in 30 years it will be Man City tops worn by them
    exactly, the high will be a Champions league final or 2 domestic cups, or runners up with the prem, I used to always say " if you dont suffer the lows then you dont enjoy the high as much " but thats what we convince ourselves just to make us real fans, in realaity the highs of " supporting " team thats just had a season Liverpool had must be pretty good for them

people have a opinion that you must be local to be a supporter / fan of a team, Im a fan of the LA Rams, have been since a school kid, they won the SuperBowl this year, I was well chuffed , Im sure Donny in Agoura Hills isnt really bothered that I shared his happiness over the win

Exactly.