+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Fans V Madrid Fans

Liverpool Fans V Madrid Fans

Did the french favour the Spanish fans over the scousers .

Madrid fans seem well in their place before the red mass

I'd not bet against which set of fans glugged the most , and which fans squeezed that last pint in before arriving at their seats .

Probably some cultural behaviours kicked in .

To be fair Liverpool fans were exemplary once again in Europe .

Re: Liverpool Fans V Madrid Fans

Liverpool fans are the most entitled, horrible bunch of fans I’ve ever encountered.

Looked like twice as many Liverpool fans in there as Madrid, they don’t really make any noise or have any notable songs do they RM? Just swing there scarfs around, surely the most useless fans in Europe which is ironic considering they are the most successful

I think if you read all of reports, from multiple countries & authorities the view is reasonably balanced, except some French authorities. The metro station allocation & route from it seems to have played a major part

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I think if you read all of reports, from multiple countries & authorities the view is reasonably balanced, except some French authorities. The metro station allocation & route from it seems to have played a major part
    And excessive drink will have played its part as always in our culture unlike the Spanish who don't seem to apply such over excessives ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And excessive drink will have played its part as always in our culture unlike the Spanish who don't seem to apply such over excessives ?
    Favouring Europeans over our own. What's happening to you, bro?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It's because Real Madrid play in his favourite colour

There were kids suffering the effects of tear gas.
    frog plod well OTT

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Just think they have better behaviours and different approach to football and drinking , if anyone thinks all Liverpool fans are well behavoured they are barmy ,I'm sure a few of them were are part of the same gangs that kicked off at Wembley and Euro's . Liverpool have form abroad as we saw in the Heysel Stadium many years ago.

French Police are no saints , nor are Liverpool thugs who spoil it for the well behaved.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    There were kids suffering the effects of tear gas.
    frog plod well OTT
    Don't disagree, see comments below.

Just think they have better behaviours and different approach to football and drinking , if anyone thinks all Liverpool fans are well behavoured they are barmy ,I'm sure a few of them were are part of the same gangs that kicked off at Wembley and Euro's . Liverpool have form abroad as we saw in the Heysel Stadium many years ago.

French Police are no saints , nor are Liverpool thugs who spoil it for the well behaved.
    Form? That was 35 years ago…..

Nothing to do with alcohol.

Considering people were queuing hours and likely to miss the start of a match they had paid hundreds for I think they were very well behaved.

Liverpool fans supporting England!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Looked like twice as many Liverpool fans in there as Madrid, they don’t really make any noise or have any notable songs do they RM? Just swing there scarfs around, surely the most useless fans in Europe which is ironic considering they are the most successful
    Well, there is ‘you'll never walk alone’ for a start. When the Liverpool fans sang that before the match, it made the hairs stand up on the back of necks.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Liverpool fans are the most entitled, horrible bunch of fans I’ve ever encountered.
    And what about the Real Madrid fans ? They expect to win everything and buy all the best players every season. If you are looking for self entitlement, you need to go no further than Fulham either.

The British police observers at the game all complimented the Liverpool fans on their good behaviour. It is the French police who have got ‘form’ for this type of incident.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Well, there is ‘you'll never walk alone’ for a start. When the Liverpool fans sang that before the match, it made the hairs stand up on the back of necks.
    No accounting for taste, bit of a dirge in my opinion.

I'm the furtherest away from being a Liverpool fan than you can get but from the reports and video I've seen of the events of Saturday night the French police treated Liverpool fans with absolute distain.
    So many people just take the it's Liverpool who cares approach makes me sick.
    If what happened to them happened to city fans the same tits would be up in arms.
    Do a bit of research before puking up the usual bile.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I'm the furtherest away from being a Liverpool fan than you can get but from the reports and video I've seen of the events of Saturday night the French police treated Liverpool fans with absolute distain.
    So many people just take the it's Liverpool who cares approach makes me sick.
    If what happened to them happened to city fans the same tits would be up in arms.
    Do a bit of research before puking up the usual bile.
    Looking at the videos I was of the opinion that the fence jumpers and main protagonists were locals, not fans of either finalist. Ironically it’s the St Denis scallies who seemed to be stirring the shit and eye witness reports seem to bear this out.

Video doing the rounds of a Real Madrid fan having a hell of a walloping on the floor and a car driving over them. Not nice viewing.

Videos of neutral & locals with young kids getting tear gassed in circulation and Madrid & Liverpool fans both complaining of organised mass muggings at the stations after the game.

And yet in another thread, people are saying Cardiff’s ability to host a major event is in question…

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    And yet in another thread, people are saying Cardiff’s ability to host a major event is in question…
    On the BBC website a Real Madrid fan is comparing how bad Paris was compared to other cities he’s visited to watch them and Cardiff was amongst the ones he favoured. Of course people had dreadful experiences recently and, no doubt, in the past but I don’t think we’re as way down the list as some believe.

Sounds like it was a proper nightmare with large gangs of French scumbags there just to rob people, apparently the ground is in a really rough part of Paris? Looking at the videos that have just come out it doesn’t look good at all. Madrid fans attacked too, police barely doing anything bar holding up Liverpool fans and gassing them. How very different to the final here a few years ago……