The anti Tory part of me says that that is just more typical Johnson type populism designed to cash in on the generally positive feeling of the public towards the Queen at a time when he and his Government are under pressure - it’s cheap, will get plenty of positive headlines and they can label it as an indication of Brexit in action.

On the other hand, the non partisan part of me can’t get too wound up about it either way. I thought this was because I’m old enough to remember the time before metric measurements and, truthfully, although I understand how much 400 grams is and how far a metre is, my first instinct is still to think in terms of pounds and ounces and feet and inches. I did think though that anyone under the age of, say, 55 would find a return to imperial measures a problem, but the bloke there to defend the change on the phone in I was just listening to made the good point that in football people of all ages still think very much in terms of yards, feet and inches and it’s always inches when you’re talking about things like television screens.

My feeling is that this is just a typical Johnson Government story which will be consigned to the dustbins over the coming months, but I wouldn’t be up in arms if they did push ahead with it.