+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: POLAND 2 - 1 WALES. Match thread

Re: FT: POLAND 2 - 1 WALES. Match thread

Their second goal was fine, Swiderski was on side the moment Lewandowski struck the ball and the deflection was just unfortunate and played right into his stride.

Quite encouraged by that performance, shows some strength in depth with the squad and the ability to be able to compete with other national sides, albeit Poland being the likely contenders for weakest in the group alongside Wales.

Builds the anticipation for the big game this Sunday. Hoping this doesn't allow any heads to drop and adds more fuel to the fire to kick on and succeed.

Yeah sadly he does have to be offside for any fancy rules to be considered not 3 yards on!!

Excellent effort

I think hes made a big error with that selection today. Scotland or Ukraine will be coming in on a high with game time behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think hes made a big error with that selection today. Scotland or Ukraine will be coming in on a high with game time behind them.
    Or extra time penalties a sending off and some injury concerns could totally deplete the winners of that tie

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I should’ve posted this before the goal when I was thinking how ridiculous the stick he gets on this mb. It was a mistake to let him go.
    It really wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I wouldn’t say an error as such but surprised Rodon and perhaps to a lesser extent Bale didn’t get some time as neither has been playing any first team football recently

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I wouldn’t say an error as such but surprised Rodon and perhaps to a lesser extent Bale didn’t get some time as neither has been playing any first team football recently
    Agree about Rodon.

Just got back. Probably the best reserve team game I’ve seen. Levitt & Smith impressed. Lovely passing football. Page made a huge blunder taking off Jonny & leaving on Smith who was shot. Both Polish goals came from that. Never moan about car parking at UK stadiums, it took 1h30 from the car park to the road and we were amongst the first out. Other than that an enjoyable day out.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agree about Rodon.
    x2

Although Rodon never looks rusty to be fair to him

Unlucky and encouraging defeat for Wales second string as they prepare to face Ukraine.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Just got back. Probably the best reserve team game I’ve seen. Levitt & Smith impressed. Lovely passing football. Page made a huge blunder taking off Jonny & leaving on Smith who was shot. Both Polish goals came from that. Never moan about car parking at UK stadiums, it took 1h30 from the car park to the road and we were amongst the first out. Other than that an enjoyable day out.
    The ground’s location was everything I hate about some modern grounds. Nothing at all around it, just set in the middle of a network of flyovers, slip roads, railway tracks. You’d have to set the whole day aside to go to a home game. Give the grounds set in built up areas any day. We were lucky that our match day experience didn’t change a great deal with the move from Ninian Park.

S
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Unlucky and encouraging defeat for Wales second string as they prepare to face Ukraine.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

If you wind back about a minute from their second goal, Nico Williams had a chance to break out of defence, with 2 Welsh players to his left.
    Unfortunately he chose to whack it into Poland’s half, where they took possession and broke forward.
    If only he would have composed himself and passed the ball to the left, we would have retained possession
    Little things change games

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    S

If you wind back about a minute from their second goal, Nico Williams had a chance to break out of defence, with 2 Welsh players to his left.
    Unfortunately he chose to whack it into Poland’s half, where they took possession and broke forward.
    If only he would have composed himself and passed the ball to the left, we would have retained possession
    Little things change games
    Yes, I remember that now you mention it and I can recall thinking what was all that about as it was just like a desperation clearance made when you're hanging on to a one goal lead with thirty seconds left.