+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FT: POLAND 2 - 1 WALES. Match thread

Re: POLAND v WALES. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    I access S4C via Sky.
    Anyone worked out how to get English commentary? I remember this being tricky last time and have followed the same steps but with no luck this time :-(

Hanging on a bit towards half time and Poland have had the better chances, but we’re well in the game and it’s been very encouraging considering the side we have out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Anyone worked out how to get English commentary? I remember this being tricky last time and have followed the same steps but with no luck this time :-(
    Same here, that’s why I asked the question. I’ve changed back to English and then tried Welsh again, no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It’s not on Sky is it? I can’t find it. I’m watching it on S4C, we’re playing quite well on there.

Impressed by Burns so far.
    Strong, quick, and a very good footballer. Never heard of him - just found out he's with Ipswich.

Same here, that’s why I asked the question. I’ve changed back to English and then tried Welsh again, no luck.
    Just found this on the S4C Twitter Page, which explains it.

We haven't got the rights for English commentary nor subtitles on the match!

https://twitter.com/s4c/status/15320...trYTEKaDK-5-TQ

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Strong, quick, and a very good footballer. Never heard of him - just found out he's with Ipswich.
    He started with us, but never got offered a contact at 16, so ended up going over the bridge

Just found this on the S4C Twitter Page, which explains it.

We haven't got the rights for English commentary nor subtitles on the match!

https://twitter.com/s4c/status/15320...trYTEKaDK-5-TQ
    :-o

At least you have put my mind at rest. So thanks.

Still rubbish though!

Goal

Jonny Williams

Poland 0 - 1 Wales

Wow - nice from Williams!

Williams HAS to start the next game!

Great finish. Keeper should have done better. Glad to see us playing so well.

I should’ve posted this before the goal when I was thinking how ridiculous the stick he gets on this mb. It was a mistake to let him go.

1-1 poor defending

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    1-1 poor defending
    By Gunter.

FFS

Poor from Matondo

That’s a real shame but given the side they have performed well. No disgrace to lose here.

I'm a bit confused by their second goal. in the champions League, a Madrid goal was ruled out for offside and the commentator said it didn't matter if it was deflected off the Liverpool player because it had to be a meaningful pass and not just a deflection. In this case it was deflected off a Wales player but still given?!

Smith

Re: FT: POLAND 2 - 1 WALES. Match thread

Morrell isn't good enough

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    I'm a bit confused by their second goal. in the champions League, a Madrid goal was ruled out for offside and the commentator said it didn't matter if it was deflected off the Liverpool player because it had to be a meaningful pass and not just a deflection. In this case it was deflected off a Wales player but still given?!
    Yeah I was thinking that. Presumably VAR looked at it. Overall a very encouraging performance.

Good performance that, plenty of chances created just a couple of sloppy goals conceded. Burns looked promising and I like watching Levitt play. The pace in this squad though is pretty scary - James, Thomas, Neco, Matondo….

Now would be a good time to bring to an end these caps for mates, and I'd rather see some U21 players given the opportunity if there isn't anybody else.

I thought Wales deserved to win the game and until they did I couldn't see Poland scoring. With a deflected winner too, Poland got very lucky. Seeing how well Wales reserves played against a strong Polish team it really does underline how our standing in world football has risen.

Well that was a far better showing than anticipated. Very encouraging despite some sloppy moments. Thought that second was offside but need another look.

Win’s a win but must feel a strange sort of victory for Poland, really had to work hard against a team that chucked three players on after 45mins (including a keeper) and clearly treating it like a friendly.