+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bale and Ramsey.......

Bale and Ramsey.......

Watch this space, three separate snippets given from interesting and unrelated sources which make a bigger picture........

Re: Bale and Ramsey.......

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Absolutely no chance. I refuse to get excited cause it’s too good to be true.... I bloody hope it’s true

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    And apparently Rambo more likely as Bale dependent on us qualifying. Both minted, having been on ludicrous wages for years and wanting to join their local club and play together for 10-12 weeks minimum. Could be bollocks based on just one of the three things I've been told but collectively they point at deals being discussed with, apparently, wages going to charity. Plus you don't both randomly join Wales' most expensive golf club at the same time😂

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Watch this space, three separate snippets given from interesting and unrelated sources which make a bigger picture........
    I hope the 3 unrelated sources are:

1. Bale
    2. Rambo
    3. Steve Morison

tell me its them, please

Never thought I’d say this, but after Ramsey’s loan spell at Rangers, I’m not so sure about him coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Never thought I’d say this, but after Ramsey’s loan spell at Rangers, I’m not so sure about him coming here.
    I'm not too worried about his recent penalty record though, as we never get awarded any.

He did it just to fool everyone that’s he’s lost it so he can sign for us

.... will both be coming to Cardiff.

I have it from a very trustworthy source.

Sunday

Any signing based on us qualifying has got a whole lot harder.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I'm not too worried about his recent penalty record though, as we never get awarded any.
    The penalty was the least of my concerns, it’s getting him out on the pitch often enough to take one.

The penalty was the least of my concerns, it’s getting him out on the pitch often enough to take one.
    Same with Bale. If, by some coincidence, they wanted to play for us short term just to maintain fitness ahead of the World Cup, I'd be wary of it. Yes, they're both still immensely capable and talented footballers, but I want them playing week in, week out, or there's a real risk of unbalancing the squad. If their aim was to retire after the world cup, where would that leave us?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Same with Bale. If, by some coincidence, they wanted to play for us short term just to maintain fitness ahead of the World Cup, I'd be wary of it. Yes, they're both still immensely capable and talented footballers, but I want them playing week in, week out, or there's a real risk of unbalancing the squad. If their aim was to retire after the world cup, where would that leave us?
    We're heading into unknown territory next season. If we had one of our decent Championship squads from the last 17 years then I'd agree, but with those 2 making appearances - even if it's off the bench - then I'd be happy. I'm sure if thing worked out up until the World Cup then they'd probably return for the rest of the season..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    We're heading into unknown territory next season. If we had one of our decent Championship squads from the last 17 years then I'd agree, but with those 2 making appearances - even if it's off the bench - then I'd be happy. I'm sure if thing worked out up until the World Cup then they'd probably return for the rest of the season..
    But that would need to be confirmed before the start of the season. If they used us as a training camp and then retired, I wouldn't be happy at all.

Ditto .
    And Bale may well not fit into the squad either, could upset things ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ditto .
    And Bale may well not fit into the squad either, could upset things ??
    we haven't really got a squad yet, and maybe having him might make it more attractive to players we're trying to sign

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    we haven't really got a squad yet, and maybe having him might make it more attractive to players we're trying to sign
    Jamilu Collins seems to be Gareth Bale's No 1 fan based on his 'Get To Know....' Q&A on the club website.

People sitting back and stroking their beard asking if we should take Bale and Ramsey if offered - ffs this board has reached a new level of self proclaimed expertise 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    People sitting back and stroking their beard asking if we should take Bale and Ramsey if offered - ffs this board has reached a new level of self proclaimed expertise 😂😂😂
    😆 I thought the same

People sitting back and stroking their beard asking if we should take Bale and Ramsey if offered - ffs this board has reached a new level of self proclaimed expertise ������
    you have to laugh , We are Cardiff and deciding would we offer Bale and Rambo a contract

People sitting back and stroking their beard asking if we should take Bale and Ramsey if offered - ffs this board has reached a new level of self proclaimed expertise ������
    Right? This is literally the stuff dreams are made of.

I love them. I loved it when Ramsey came back last time and I’d love it again this time if it happened. We have absolutely no right to sign them. I don’t think they can handle a Championship schedule and I don’t even think it will work out but I don’t care. It’ll still be miles better than last season. See them in blue with a good game or two, that’ll do.

So, what you’re saying in essence then is that Robbie Fowler was worth what we paid him purely on his reputation. I’ve never said Bale is not worth the risk, his relationship with his club had all but broken down and so he was bound to miss a lot of games, but Ramsey was proclaimed as the greatest signing the Scottish game had seen in years back in January, he was at a club that were desperate to pick him, but would anyone class his time at Rangers as a success now?

I’ve said before that Ramsey is my favourite modern day footballer and I’m not bothered in the slightest about that penalty, but it doesn’t take much expertise (self proclaimed or otherwise - incidentally, when have I ever proclaimed my so called expertise on here before?), to look at his fitness record in recent years and deduce that signing him would be a very big risk for a club as cash strapped as we are meant to be that is in need of building a new squad almost from scratch.

So, what you’re saying in essence then is that Robbie Fowler was worth what we paid him purely on his reputation. I’ve never said Bale is not worth the risk, his relationship with his club had all but broken down and so he was bound to miss a lot of games, but Ramsey was proclaimed as the greatest signing the Scottish game had seen in years back in January, he was at a club that were desperate to pick him, but would anyone class his time at Rangers as a success now?

I’ve said before that Ramsey is my favourite modern day footballer and I’m not bothered in the slightest about that penalty, but it doesn’t take much expertise (self proclaimed or otherwise - incidentally, when have I ever proclaimed my so called expertise on here before?), to look at his fitness record in recent years and deduce that signing him would be a very big risk for a club as cash strapped as we are meant to be that is in need of building a new squad almost from scratch.
    Firstly this board is not all about you so get over yourself - it was a general comment about people who want to 2nd guess everything about the club, twist every post regardless as to whether it is about CCFC or not, in order to have a dig at the club and more recently just have a dig at SM, turn any positive into a negative, etc etc.

Second if we can get a tune out of either or both if they were to come here, to any level close to their international form then surely that has to be a plus let alone the impact they would have off the field with the younger players and the commercial impact and general media interest it would bring.

You mention Fowler which didn't work out but I would say Hasselbaink did - that's what happens when you sign any player - they are a risk - some work and some don't - our history like any club is littered with signings that did and didn't work - this I would say is completely different and as I said why would we say no as long as the deals are financially sound?

Laslty maybe I like to see the world in a positive light when it appears quite a few of the people on here just want to have a moan about anything or everything

As my dear old mum used to say different strokes for different folks

Firstly this board is not all about you so get over yourself - it was a general comment about people who want to 2nd guess everything about the club, twist every post regardless as to whether it is about CCFC or not, in order to have a dig at the club and more recently just have a dig at SM, turn any positive into a negative, etc etc.

Second if we can get a tune out of either or both if they were to come here, to any level close to their international form then surely that has to be a plus let alone the impact they would have off the field with the younger players and the commercial impact and general media interest it would bring.

You mention Fowler which didn't work out but I would say Hasselbaink did - that's what happens when you sign any player - they are a risk - some work and some don't - our history like any club is littered with signings that did and didn't work - this I would say is completely different and as I said why would we say no as long as the deals are financially sound?

Laslty maybe I like to see the world in a positive light when it appears quite a few of the people on here just want to have a moan about anything or everything

As my dear old mum used to say different strokes for different folks
    He says after berating ToBW for simply replying a post

I get that it's annoying when certain people on here seem to enjoy mocking the club at every turn. But there has to be better examples of that in other threads by other people.

Ramsey wasn't great at Rangers. Can even say he hasn't been great for a while. But it would be great to see him in a City shirt once more IMO

Some quality in this squad wouldn't go amiss!