+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bale and Ramsey.......

Re: Bale and Ramsey.......

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    And apparently Rambo more likely as Bale dependent on us qualifying. Both minted, having been on ludicrous wages for years and wanting to join their local club and play together for 10-12 weeks minimum. Could be bollocks based on just one of the three things I've been told but collectively they point at deals being discussed with, apparently, wages going to charity. Plus you don't both randomly join Wales' most expensive golf club at the same time😂
    Heard the charity thing a while back not sure where it's coming from but its been going a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    He says after berating ToBW for simply replying a post

I get that it's annoying when certain people on here seem to enjoy mocking the club at every turn. But there has to be better examples of that in other threads by other people.

Ramsey wasn't great at Rangers. Can even say he hasn't been great for a while. But it would be great to see him in a City shirt once more IMO

Some quality in this squad wouldn't go amiss!
    Thanks, I was surprised by that reply which I thought was uncalled for given what I’d said - I’m not knocking the club if there is a real desire to get both players here on their part and I wouldn’t be critical of Steve Morison either, but I just think there’s potential for it all end to end in tears.

If there’s any truth to that rumour about wages going to charity, then it’s a great gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The penalty was the least of my concerns, it’s getting him out on the pitch often enough to take one.
    Apparently Rangers fans call him Tampon.
    1 week in, 3 weeks out!

What are the the odds of them both being on the pitch at the same time, or even one of them for that matter?

Thanks, I was surprised by that reply which I thought was uncalled for given what I’d said - I’m not knocking the club if there is a real desire to get both players here on their part and I wouldn’t be critical of Steve Morison either, but I just think there’s potential for it all end to end in tears.

If there’s any truth to that rumour about wages going to charity, then it’s a great gesture.
    Fair enough and on reflection the opening statement was harsh and misplaced so I am to apologise

If the club gets the chance to sign both for a 6 month contract then we’d be mad not to ….the shirt and ticket sales would be thru the roof not to mention extra TV games …..and what if , it somehow paid off….. if not then hopefully we’ll kick around mid table and develop the way Morison wants to play. The advice players like Colwill, Davies etc would get could turn them into championship players

Of course, this could be so far from truth and nothing happens

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Fair enough and on reflection the opening statement was harsh and misplaced so I am to apologise

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post

Laslty maybe I like to see the world in a positive light when it appears quite a few of the people on here just want to have a moan about anything or everything
    Bingo

Ive mentioned it a lot on here, and I asked last night, is it a new thing or a post start of C19 era thing ? ? ? Have Cardiff Fans ( or the Welsh in general ) always been such a moaning group ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    But that would need to be confirmed before the start of the season. If they used us as a training camp and then retired, I wouldn't be happy at all.
    really? we could be set up nicely for the second half of the season, with good crowds and the likelihood of a strong Jan 2023 transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Right? This is literally the stuff dreams are made of.
    They won’t be here for the money, and I doubt we’d pay them much. If they use us to stay match fit for the WC it benefits everyone. God I hope we qualify just because we’ve qualified but if we got these two for 4 months, I would be doing cartwheels. Rambo is without doubt a big City fan too, his favourite ever player is Kav

International

The pair of them would be an inspiration and wonderful role models for the young players coming through too. It's a no lose situation.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Bingo

Ive mentioned it a lot on here, and I asked last night, is it a new thing or a post start of C19 era thing ? ? ? Have Cardiff Fans ( or the Welsh in general ) always been such a moaning group ? ? ?
    is there any group of fans who could see a negative to having Bale and Ramsey for free?

The penalty was the least of my concerns, it’s getting him out on the pitch often enough to take one.
    It would be a worry, we know the championship is unforgiving.

When he was on the pitch for Rangers, he was exceptional though.

Fans talk about his penalty miss in the final.

Personally, I think he was caught in two minds, one, take a normal penalty and two, take a Panenka, as he did against Israel (I believe).

Totally over thought it and if Sunday was to go to penalties and he attempted one, well I think a few fans would be upset .

Whilst where on the subject, here’s a few heart in the mouth moments

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1FqREm2xdV8

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    is there any group of fans who could see a negative to having Bale and Ramsey for free?
    only at Cardiff City

I doubt whether there is a single championship club that would turn down the opportunity of signing Bale and Ramsey on low (by championship standards) wages.

As an aside I saw Ramsey play for Rangers on TV and he was a class apart from the others on display. Of course his injury record isn't great but to get crocked is a risk that could happen to any player.

If on reasonable wages we would have them in a heartbeat. On one leg they would be more than good enough and their experience would be a massive help to the younger lads coming through.

I'd be amazed if we got one though

[QUOTE=BLUETIT;5306479]Fans talk about his penalty miss in the final.

Personally, I think he was caught in two minds, one, take a normal penalty and two, take a Panenka, as he did against Israel (I believe).

Totally over thought it and if Sunday was to go to penalties and he attempted one, well I think a few fans would be upset .

Whilst where on the subject, here’s a few heart in the mouth moments

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1FqREm2xdV8[/QUOTE

The Panenka pelanty was in Serbia, ironically in the same stadium that Panenka took his……..that was a long night, latest I’ve been kept in the ground after the final whistle.

Has there ever been any suggestion at any point that Ramsey's coming here? Bale is far more likely