so you are siding with Depp?

Re: Phew Johnny Depp Won

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Isn’t everyone? The woman is a wrong un

Don't know him to be honest, they both sound horrid and narcissistic.

Jury decided via lots of evidence, not me ??

You ?

Hard to say they are both actors. Depp struggled to speak sentences at times. Heard is a nobody for me but the evidence seems to point to her being an insecure control freak.

non of us are perfect

Good news.
    Wonder if she will pledge the damages or pay them

Depp is on tour in UK with Jeff Beck if anyone is interested played Gateshead last night .

He's in another band with Alice Cooper and Joe Perry

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Depp is on tour in UK with Jeff Beck if anyone is interested played Gateshead last night .

He's in another band with Alice Cooper and Joe Perry
    I saw Jeff Beck at St David's Hall on Friday, he was very good. Johnny Depp didn't appear until Sheffield on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I saw Jeff Beck at St David's Hall on Friday, he was very good. Johnny Depp didn't appear until Sheffield on Saturday
    I think Depp has been tied up...literally

I think Depp has been tied up...literally
    I Heard she was out of her Depp on this one ??

Beautiful looking woman

But it seems she's potty 🤔

Onwards

I kicked her and kicked her for half an hour

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I was at Sheffield City Hall on Saturday - but round the back in the Memorial Hall for Dylan Moran.

But Johnny Depp's appearance with Jeff Beck in the main hall was a surprise for the whole audience. No hints in advance.

Was it an over-confident victory tour, or an attempt to deflect possible negative headlines? Or does he just like playing guitar with an old mate?

Another case of victim blaming and the women made out to look emotionally unstable. She probably made a few bad decisions and when you fight back people will point and say look she’s just as bad. Depp seems to be fairly unhinged, misogynistic and violent. I’m sure he’s delighted with the outcome and how he seems to have got people back on side. This is also going to emboldened those nutter incels.

Hopefully this won’t put off other women in abusive relationships speaking out for fear of similar treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
    Another case of victim blaming and the women made out to look emotionally unstable. She probably made a few bad decisions and when you fight back people will point and say look she’s just as bad. Depp seems to be fairly unhinged, misogynistic and violent. I’m sure he’s delighted with the outcome and how he seems to have got people back on side. This is also going to emboldened those nutter incels.

Hopefully this won’t put off other women in abusive relationships speaking out for fear of similar treatment.
    Yeah fully agree, terrible state of affairs.

I didn't follow it but didn't he lose the same type of trial in the UK?

As normal, lawyers are the real winners. In the words of Chuck D "****ing lawyers"

I genuinely have no idea what this case has been about. It seems to be big news and I’m sure it’s important but I thought I’d do a little experiment and see if it’s possible to be entirely ignorant of a global news story just by not reading about it. I consume a LOT of news output, I spend about an hour a day on the bbc website alone.

Turns out you can be entirely ignorant of major story if you want. And I mean entirely ignorant. I am aware that there was a court case with depp and heard. I don’t know how they are related, what the issue is, which one of them is the defendant, whether any personal things have been uncovered as a result of the case, who came out of it well or not etc. from Reddit stuff I get the impression that heard is unpopular, and im aware that a witness burned the lawyer who questioned if he was there for his 15 minutes of fame. But that is it. If I had to guess, they were married and the case is about how to split the wealth.

Im not really sure what I’ve proved to myself through my little experiment. Probably nothing. I was sort of expecting that I’d be forced to know about the case through sort-of news osmosis but I successfully kept myself entirely ignorant of what is presumably quite an important news story.

International

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Yeah fully agree, terrible state of affairs.

I didn't follow it but didn't he lose the same type of trial in the UK?

As normal, lawyers are the real winners. In the words of Chuck D "****ing lawyers"
    He lost a libel case in UK against a national newspaper, a decision made by a judge alone, unlike the US case which was decided by a jury (Unanimous decision). The newspaper in question is owned by Rupert Murdoch whose family the judge's family has a relationship with, and who's son works for Rupert Murdoch. The UK Judge said there was little doubt that Depp was a wife beater and finding against him even denied him the right to appeal.
    the evidence in the USA clearly proved that Heard was lying in that trial and had lied in the UK trial. some of her lies were so blatant i cannot believe she ever thought she'd get away with them, unless she believed that no one would question her because she was the 'poor wife'.
    There is some talk now about her being charge with perjury in the UK case, and that his lawyers may seek to have a retail or an appeal allowed in UK. Whatever happens I'd say the Judge should be asked to explain himself.

Did you actually watch the trial? There were no witnesses or evidence of violence against her. There was clear evidence of her committing perjury. The list goes on and on. It was really damning for her. I suspect a lot more will now come to light, particularly as Depp prevented his adult children from giving evidence. Whilst your view of Depo being unhinged might be accurate. Having addiction issues shouldn’t mean you think he’s violent and misogynistic.

If i were jumping to conclusions, who would I have believed? Heard who has abused family members and partners. Or Depp who was abused by his mother and had had support from previous partners including his ex-wife of 25 years who he left for Heard. Despite that I watched hours and hours of the trial (current studying a law module) and came to the same conclusion as the jury.

This is not a setback for women. It’s a win for ALL sufferers of abuse. What I do agree is that some of the online rhetoric, vitriol and hyperbole is unhelpful. From both sides.

Their marriage counsellor testified that she would be the one to get violent even in front of her in session, so why do you think he is? She’s one of those who have a need for conflict, she just assumed she could jump on the meetoo bandwagon and fleece the poor bugger for more. Sure he is a wreck head and gets off it, but he’s always been a harmless one according to many who know him over the last 25 years….

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Did you actually watch the trial? There were no witnesses or evidence of violence against her. There was clear evidence of her committing perjury. The list goes on and on. It was really damning for her. I suspect a lot more will now come to light, particularly as Depp prevented his adult children from giving evidence. Whilst your view of Depo being unhinged might be accurate. Having addiction issues shouldn’t mean you think he’s violent and misogynistic.

If i were jumping to conclusions, who would I have believed? Heard who has abused family members and partners. Or Depp who was abused by his mother and had had support from previous partners including his ex-wife of 25 years who he left for Heard. Despite that I watched hours and hours of the trial (current studying a law module) and came to the same conclusion as the jury.

This is not a setback for women. It’s a win for ALL sufferers of abuse. What I do agree is that some of the online rhetoric, vitriol and hyperbole is unhelpful. From both sides.
    Shame they didn’t throw her in the cells for perjury, thankfully kate moss highlighted it too….

Unbelievable.
    Someone is more trustworthy due to their genitalia?
    He seems very much like the victim to me.

A fair bit of the post-trial commentary seems to say that this will finally be decided on appeal.

A lot of defamation cases end up at appeal in the US... apparently.

The commentaries I have seen say the jury lost sight of the law in this case. It became a popularity contest in the courtroom and on social media (which the jury surely followed) between Depp and Heard. She was unsympathetic, probably lying and probably a major part of a sometimes violent (physical and verbal) and dysfunctional marriage.

But when it comes to the law and what was written in the opinion piece that triggered the case, most comment I have seen is confident that there was no defamation (unlike in the court room itself where everything was chucked around) and the jury based its verdict on something else. The jury verdict was also contradictory.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    A fair bit of the post-trial commentary seems to say that this will finally be decided on appeal.

A lot of defamation cases end up at appeal in the US... apparently.

The commentaries I have seen say the jury lost sight of the law in this case. It became a popularity contest in the courtroom and on social media (which the jury surely followed) between Depp and Heard. She was unsympathetic, probably lying and probably a major part of a sometimes violent (physical and verbal) and dysfunctional marriage.

But when it comes to the law and what was written in the opinion piece that triggered the case, most comment I have seen is confident that there was no defamation (unlike in the court room itself where everything was chucked around) and the jury based its verdict on something else. The jury verdict was also contradictory.
    There's no evidence the jury followed the trial on social media. wild speculation based on nothing and would be discounted by a judge if that claim were made in court.

Do you have any examples, where it became a popularity contest in court? I can't think of any from what i viewed.

Intersectionality proponents require Heard to win. Their whole value system depends on an oppressive patriachy where women don't lie or manipulate the truth.