+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas Supply V Deaths , Rape ( In the name of European Democracy )

Gas Supply V Deaths , Rape ( In the name of European Democracy )

24 Feb Russia invaded Ukraine .

We have witnessed dreadful scenes

Lovely gesture Ukrainian flags
    Emotional Eurovision Song Contest support and lots of happy clappy moments .

Incredibly Europe still hesitates on banning all gas /fuel supplies by pipe and ship , and send in heavy artillery to stop Donbas Russian movements .

Yes we would feel pain on a total ban on fossil fuel ban but to what costs ( death v gas )

Europe is tactfully funding the Russian war machine .

Russia has 20 % of Eastern Ukraine , if we support them now surely it will be better than a decade of civil wars if they fully occupy the area .

Ukraine are being let down mainly Germany , who has yet to supply artillery and tanks ??

Italy , France and Germany are simply not brave enough .

I personally think they are hoping Russian does take Donbas QUICKLY and explains why they are humming and harring as they do so well via so many committees /meetings /chats over a glass or two , no matter how many die

USA 50 billion given no heavy stuff though

UK 1.3 billion given includes tanks / artillery

Gutless Europe give €1bn of soft aid to Ukraine and €35bn to Russian for energy:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ut-funding-gap

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/10/w...donations.html

Re: Gas Supply V Deaths , Rape ( In the name of European Democracy )

Good point - as always. You get right into the heart of the matter again. Laser insight.

The 'gutless' Germans are not 'brave' enough to leave one in six of their citizens without domestic power because of their historic dependence on Russian gas supplies. They should tell them to stay warm by wrapping themselves in Ukrainian flags. Maybe the UK could donate a load of Jubilee hot air (and your favourite Battenburg cake) to help them survive the colder months?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Good point - as always. You get right into the heart of the matter again. Laser insight.

The 'gutless' Germans are not 'brave' enough to leave one in six of their citizens without domestic power because of their historic dependence on Russian gas supplies. They should tell them to stay warm by wrapping themselves in Ukrainian flags. Maybe the UK could donate a load of Jubilee hot air (and your favourite Battenburg cake) to help them survive the colder months?
    Heating v Death , yep heart of the matter , you tell me why they are hesitating then ????????

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Heating v Death , yep heart of the matter , you tell me why they are hesitating then ????????
    I think I just did.

I think I just did.
    dependence on gas v death and rape nice

Trump told Merkel to move away from Russian fuel years ago. She didn't listen.

I'm of the opinion that Nato goaded Russia into invading. Ethnic Russians were being mistreated in the Donbass.
    I don't believe all pantomime portrayal of Russia and Putin in our Main Stream Media. You never get the Russian perspective, even for a few minutes.

Germany's total lack of interest (zero weapons supplied, despite all their promises) shows just how dependant they are on Russian gas. They cannot afford to be cut off, and so they have to pay up. Plus there's the fact that their army is a shambles anyway, thanks to the six year debacle of previous defence minister, one Ursula von der Leyen - yes, the one now in charge of the EU. This also explains the EU's lack of action - Von Der Leyen knows Germany cannot afford for Europe to agree to anything that might affect their supplies, or their armed forces. Once again Germany ceases chaos in Europe.

Is that your best effort? Poor even by your standards.

You can argue that Germany and other (mainly European but not only) states should not have made past decisions that left them so dependent on Russian gas, and to a lesser extent oil. But they did.

Most of those states are working to reduce or eliminate their dependence on Russia - but it is not an overnight fix to find alternatives.

German homes are 50% dependent on gas for their energy supplies, and one third of that gas comes from Russia.

Russia itself is using the threat of turning off the gas as an economic weapon in the war against states supporting Ukraine (the majority of their customers) - because they know (if you don't) that flicking a switch is not an option. I don't know how far the EU, Germany itself or other states are in sourcing alternative gas supplies, but I do understand that they will not bring extreme hardship and probably early death for their vulnerable citizens by taking unilateral action to stop Russian gas before they have got that alternative in place.

Sure the revenue Russia gets from selling gas and oil (prices up a lot since the invasion started) helps to maintain the Russian war economy, and as part of that the Russian military. It offsets the effect of some of the sanctions in place. But it was never a quick fix. It takes time for those types of actions to work their way through the system. Stopping the flow of gas to Germany - even if that was viable - would not immediately slow down the military actions in eastern Ukraine. Over time it would degrade Russia's ability to resupply, but only over time.

So your crass equation of that keeping German pensioners warm leads to death and rape in the Donbas is both wrong and sick.

The part of your post that most grates is where you throw around words like 'gutless' and 'not brave enough' in relation to European states and set it against an estimate of UK (and US) military support. No surprises given your posting history, but the implied message is that Boris Johnson and his gang are the brave ones, the ones with guts - even though the UK has very little dependence on Russian gas/oil so can ramp up the sanctions with little negative consequence, and even though the UK and especially the Tories have been cozying up to Putin and his oligarch circle for decades, turning Londongrad into a money laundering capital and rewarding the Russian ruling caste with honours and political cover. Very brave!

Where is your evidence that rape is occurring?

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post

I'm of the opinion that Nato goaded Russia into invading. Ethnic Russians were being mistreated in the Donbass.
    I don't believe all pantomime portrayal of Russia and Putin in our Main Stream Media. You never get the Russian perspective, even for a few minutes.
    was this before or after trump was licking putin's arse and selling out his own intelligence agencies?

he's still licking it today...guess it's better than Mc D's

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    was this before or after trump was licking putin's arse and selling out his own intelligence agencies?

Ah the old Russia collusion conspiracy theories peddled by Hillary Clinton and cnn in the hope of scaring daft Americans. Non of it was proven.
    Why did Trump advise Merkel to ditch their dependence on Russian fuel years ago?

Is that your best effort? Poor even by your standards.

You can argue that Germany and other (mainly European but not only) states should not have made past decisions that left them so dependent on Russian gas, and to a lesser extent oil. But they did.

Most of those states are working to reduce or eliminate their dependence on Russia - but it is not an overnight fix to find alternatives.

German homes are 50% dependent on gas for their energy supplies, and one third of that gas comes from Russia.

Russia itself is using the threat of turning off the gas as an economic weapon in the war against states supporting Ukraine (the majority of their customers) - because they know (if you don't) that flicking a switch is not an option. I don't know how far the EU, Germany itself or other states are in sourcing alternative gas supplies, but I do understand that they will not bring extreme hardship and probably early death for their vulnerable citizens by taking unilateral action to stop Russian gas before they have got that alternative in place.

Sure the revenue Russia gets from selling gas and oil (prices up a lot since the invasion started) helps to maintain the Russian war economy, and as part of that the Russian military. It offsets the effect of some of the sanctions in place. But it was never a quick fix. It takes time for those types of actions to work their way through the system. Stopping the flow of gas to Germany - even if that was viable - would not immediately slow down the military actions in eastern Ukraine. Over time it would degrade Russia's ability to resupply, but only over time.

So your crass equation of that keeping German pensioners warm leads to death and rape in the Donbas is both wrong and sick.

The part of your post that most grates is where you throw around words like 'gutless' and 'not brave enough' in relation to European states and set it against an estimate of UK (and US) military support. No surprises given your posting history, but the implied message is that Boris Johnson and his gang are the brave ones, the ones with guts - even though the UK has very little dependence on Russian gas/oil so can ramp up the sanctions with little negative consequence, and even though the UK and especially the Tories have been cozying up to Putin and his oligarch circle for decades, turning Londongrad into a money laundering capital and rewarding the Russian ruling caste with honours and political cover. Very brave!
    Well what im not is a Russian apologist , they are a dreadful cruel state.

Knowing that the gutless/ selfish Germans carried with thier sweetheart Nord 2 gas line that basically cut out the transit revenues of Poland and Ukraine.

Germany is a huge country who could have stopped both the invasion of Crimea and Ukraine by manning up .

Buy as we know they were too wrapped into the cozy selfish Gazprom Russian gas supply company . The biggest proof of this coziness can be seen by Gerhard Schroeder, the former German chancellor being a strong advocate/ director of the Russian state-owned Gazprom.

Gerhard Schroeder, the former German chancellor turned advocate for the Russian state-owned Gazprom the Russian self built blackmail tool .

Stinks .

Battenburg for me rather than your Black Sea barabulka...

Ah the old Russia collusion conspiracy theories peddled by Hillary Clinton and cnn in the hope of scaring daft Americans. Non of it was proven.
    Why did Trump advise Merkel to ditch their dependence on Rusian fuel years ago?
    And Trump called out Germanys failure to meet the agreed NATO ALLIANCE funding , wasn't Merkel an old skool Eastern German ?? Perhaps more aligned to Russia than we care to know .

USA warned Germany about Nord 2 and they were right ...

Russia's old fashioned 5 2 3 formation looks a bit vulnerable against Ukraine's inverted Christmas tree with overlapping wing backs and floating sweeper , and dont forget the 12th man affect of the home crowd .

They sort of eventually grew a pair .
    https://www.independent.ie/world-new...-41705063.html

Imagine the impact a ban would have had from day one in February its June now what a cumbersome machine the EU is

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    Russia's old fashioned 5 2 3 formation looks a bit vulnerable against Ukraine's inverted Christmas tree with overlapping wing backs and floating sweeper , and dont forget the 12th man affect of the home crowd .
    And don't forget the deaths in using said tactic

And don't forget the deaths in using said tactic
    the stats show the highest death toll comes from formations using 4 or more centre half's

As soon as you use the term "mainstream media" you lose. Where should we get our news? RT? Some weirdo's Youtube channel? Wake the **** up! The Russian perspective is that they are performing a "military exercise". And ridding Ukraine of "fascism". Is that what it looks like to you?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    As soon as you use the term "mainstream media" you lose. Where should we get our news? RT? Some weirdo's Youtube channel? Wake the **** up! The Russian perspective is that they are performing a "military exercise". And ridding Ukraine of "fascism". Is that what it looks like to you?
    a simple change to the offside law would clear up the is or isn't he fascist mess.

As soon as you use the term "mainstream media" you lose. Where should we get our news? RT? Some weirdo's Youtube channel? Wake the **** up! The
    Russian perspective is that they are performing a "military exercise". And ridding Ukraine of "fascism". Is that what it looks like to you?
    Faith in MSM is at an all time low, surveys show this. How do you explain that? You only have to see how Jeremy Corbyn was smeared as an antisemite to see how contrived and how agenda driven MSM is, they repeated the lie so much, i bet people on this board still really believe that Jews would have had a hard time under Corbyn. They only did it because he wasn't fully on board with globalism and threatened the banking cartel that runs the West. I didn't vote for him, but the character assassination of him across all mainstream media was a joke and a real eye opener for me.

I can give countless examples. Look how CNN portrayed the George Floyd riots as "peaceful" while the outside broadcaster had literal fires ablaze from arson in the background. They create their own reality. If the MSM is still your only source for news then you are probably a boomer who'll never change.

Ukraine does have a load of Nazi battalions. They were reported to have been ethnicly cleansing Russians in the east of Ukraine since 2012. Where do you get your Russian perspective news from?

I don't understand why you aren't over there fighting already? When I displayed sympathy with illegal immigrants, you told me to let a few stay in my one bedroom house. It wasn't enough for me to be vocally in favour, I needed to act or I was just a hypocrite. I might be able to lend you some boots, what size are you?

Where do you get your Russian perspective news from?
    Where do you get yours?

Faith in MSM is at an all time low, surveys show this. How do you explain that? You only have to see how Jeremy Corbyn was smeared as an antisemite to see how contrived and how agenda driven MSM is, they repeated the lie so much, i bet people on this board still really believe that Jews would have had a hard time under Corbyn. They only did it because he wasn't fully on board with globalism and threatened the banking cartel that runs the West. I didn't vote for him, but the character assassination of him across all mainstream media was a joke and a real eye opener for me.

I can give countless examples. Look how CNN portrayed the George Floyd riots as "peaceful" while the outside broadcaster had literal fires ablaze from arson in the background. They create their own reality. If the MSM is still your only source for news then you are probably a boomer who'll never change.

Ukraine does have a load of Nazi battalions. They were reported to have been ethnicly cleansing Russians in the east of Ukraine since 2012. Where do you get your Russian perspective news from?
    Faith in MSM is low because of ignorant weirdos "doing their research" online.

Faith in MSM is low because of ignorant weirdos "doing their research" online.
    Haven forbid somebody think for themselves and do research "online" LOL

Where do you do your research?