+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Broken bones.

O/T Broken bones.

I broke my tibia & fibia when I was run over by a car on a zebra crossing in 1991.
    What bone/s have you broken and more importantly how?

Re: O/T Broken bones.

Broke my left collar-bone playing rugby for Gabalfa primary school.
    I was nine years old and playing in an age group a year older (big difference in size at that age). I think it was only my third competitive game.
    I then broke my right collar-bone playing my last ever game of rugby when I was 42 years old (teammates said that I was a whimp to break a collar-bone as a grown-ass rugby player!).

Broke two knuckles, when I was 22, in a fight. It was a melee, lI caught the one guy on the top of his head

Dislocated ankle and broken tib and fib playing football.
    Broken left arm twice as a kid.
    Metatarsal playing football.
    Knuckles and little finger from punching walls as an angry young man.
    Nose from boxing.

Not broken bones but also real bad tears of my lat and calf muscles. Lat whilst bowling in cricket and calf running.

Safe to say I’m an accident prone man.

Nearly 30 years of playing football 3-4 times a week no issues.

I go on holiday to a caravan park in Devon. They’ve moved a van & mowed the grass flush. I didn’t see the hole where the waste pipe had been, put my foot in it, broke my right ankle in 2 places. End of my football career. Today if I stand on a stone or something similar my ankle still folds at 90 degrees

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Nearly 30 years of playing football 3-4 times a week no issues.

I go on holiday to a caravan park in Devon. They’ve moved a van & mowed the grass flush. I didn’t see the hole where the waste pipe had been, put my foot in it, broke my right ankle in 2 places. End of my football career. Today if I stand on a stone or something similar my ankle still folds at 90 degrees
    Geez - I bet you never thought that such an innocuous happening, at the time, would impact you so much much in your latter life.

I got hit off my motorbike, here in China. The result was a badly damaged rotor cuff. I'd never heard of a 'rotor cuff' before. However, it was by far the most painful injury I have ever had. One year after the accident, I still have great weakness in my arm.

Nose broke, fighting over a girl against my mate she did not go out with either of us.
    Toe playing football,knuckles down the footie.

I had a cat scan on my knee a few years back my consultant said it showed a Fib fracture from years ago I didn't even know I had.
    It was only a flesh wound.

I broke my radius when I was five.
    Nothing else until...
    After a stroke in 1998, I find it is very easy to fall over.
    Lost count of ribs broken; Tib &fib in 2000; radius again around 2005 and something around the wrist circa 2008;
    Kneecap in 2014 (DON'T DO THIS - IT FECKIN' HURTS!).

Last time I did my ribs was in 2007. I fell sideways, my arm was sort of folded against my side, the elbow had nowhere to go but into my ribs.
    Hurt like hell so went to A&E, they x-rayed my shoulder! Hang on, I said, it's my ribs!
    Don't worry , they said, they'll heal themselves in a few weeks.
    Even now, I'm still getting gyp from them.
    When I had a MRI during my cancer scare in 2015, they said "what the hell happened to your ribs?" The doc interlocked his fingers to show me what they looked like. But they won't do anything to put them right now

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I broke my radius when I was five.
    Nothing else until...
    After a stroke in 1998, I find it is very easy to fall over.
    Lost count of ribs broken; Tib &fib in 2000; radius again around 2005 and something around the wrist circa 2008;
    Kneecap in 2014 (DON'T DO THIS - IT FECKIN' HURTS!).

Last time I did my ribs was in 2007. I fell sideways, my arm was sort of folded against my side, the elbow had nowhere to go but into my ribs.
    Hurt like hell so went to A&E, they x-rayed my shoulder! Hang on, I said, it's my ribs!
    Don't worry , they said, they'll heal themselves in a few weeks.
    Even now, I'm still getting gyp from them.
    When I had a MRI during my cancer scare in 2015, they said "what the hell happened to your ribs?" The doc interlocked his fingers to show me what they looked like. But they won't do anything to put them right now
    wow that is a mega problem.Hope it all comes good

I got my Heart bone broke my a girl.....that's the response.

Broke my hands fighting. Broke my elbows cycling.

Fractured pelvis when an articulated lorry jackknifed and the tail end of the trailer propelled me off a pavement and I was deposited 60 meters down the road on mothers day 1967 in Pontypridd.

Broken a few things through football, ankles, fractured kneecap but the most painful was broken ribs. In Portugal for the Algarve Cup (remember that? We’re still the current holders), waiting for a taxi after a night out, did a Del Boy, put my hand out to lean on a street sign post, completely missed and caught my side on the corner of a concrete raised flower bed. Couldn’t cheer our win against Celtic, every fart was a knife in the gut, the plane journey home was a nightmare…….fecking Cardiff City, only European trophy I’ve seen us win and I couldn’t even invade the pitch

Only broken a finger playing in the yard before school. However I've list count of the times I've sprained my ankles including pulling ligaments away from the bone. Similar to Des, I can step on a small stone and my ankles will turn right over.