+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: FT: WALES 1 - 0 UKRAINE. Match thread

Re: FT: WALES 1 - 0 UKRAINE. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Booking the day off for Iran game now. Thats going to be a long day.������
    You’ll never get there and back in a day, especially with the chaos at airports nowadays, watch it on tv is your best bet.

Re: WALES v UKRAINE. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I have waited all my life for this and am crying. Wish my dad was still alive to see this.
    Same, but knowing the old **** (my Dad) He'd be slagging someone of and saying that they wont get past their first game in Qatar if they play like that

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    You’ll never get there and back in a day, especially with the chaos at airports nowadays, watch it on tv is your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    Well put. Never thought we would all see this day.
    Add the FA Cup final to that. Who would have ever thought it? What a day to gain the set.

A World Cup wall chart with Wales on it, a World Cup sticker album with Wales in it, maybe even a World Cup song with the players proving beyond doubt that their decisions to pursue careers in sport rather than music were definitely the right options - I can't wait!

I thought Page got it tactically wrong. Allen and Ramsey needed help, Moore was isolated and didn't get any decent ball. We got away with one, but it's been a long time coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I know! 10AM!!!
    Ladies of the night are up in arms and who can blame them bloody FIFA

Doctor Who revisited as Wales finally lay the ghosts of 77, 85, 93 etc. etc!

It turns out it was Wales who were destined to qualify, not Ukraine.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

With a bit more composure in our finishing and less resolute defending at the other end that game could have been a real ding-dong of an encounter.

Others with longer memories will have more to put on the bonfire, but having not seen us get that close since I was 8 years old, that was an emotional exorcism. I know that others on this thread haven’t been as fortunate but I’m glad the old man and I got to experience that during our lives together.

We really had to ground it out and win ugly. The defensive commitment harkened back to the highs of the Coleman-era. But most importantly there was to be no Bodin-like moment last night of heartbreak at the final hurdle this time. History boys again.

Think if was a real ding-dong encounter. After all those near misses in the past we deserved our turn at the table. Never thought I’d see Wales in another WC and hopefully we can get to the quarter finals again.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Doctor Who revisited as Wales finally lay the ghosts of 77, 85, 93 etc. etc!

It turns out it was Wales who were destined to qualify, not Ukraine.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Good report Bob but you might want to edit the paragraph on the Hennessey save. It was a bit like groundhog day!