+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Takeover ?

Re: Takeover ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Just heard from my sauces deep in the dungeons of CCS, H & P, brothers who work in the Club Shop have been told by their Daddy that a guy called Heinz has made a bid of £57 million. This has been confirmed by the leader of the Dark Side who has the bottle to lay this on the table.
    As long as they don't move us to Worcestershire....

Could be exactly what the club needs, a new start with ownership with vision, competence and commitment. I'm hoping there's some truth in this.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    As long as they don't move us to Worcestershire....
    Where's your source for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Where's your source for that?

Colmans involved?

Some say we need someone to work adjacent to Tan, more say we need the opposite to Tan. This is a problem as opposite over adjacent is Tan.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Bale isn't rich enough to buy a football club. As in, yes he could afford it but you need throwaway money, you need to be able to kiss goodbye to £100 million without being too upset about it
    Jenkins out west managed it on a shoestring, it can be done

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Colmans involved?
    I heard he cuts the mustard 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Some say we need someone to work adjacent to Tan, more say we need the opposite to Tan. This is a problem as opposite over adjacent is Tan.
    Ha ha I can see sines of it

We'd be a perfect team for Qatar (PSG) to buy. They've already set up an academy over here. Capital city team. Loan us all your talent!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Tan will have to right of his terrible running of ccfc if he ever wants to sell….no one’s going to give him £30 mill plus the £100 he wasted.
    Some you win, some you lose
    I’ll put the £100 in that’s he wasted, if that helps.

Let him without sin cast the first stone.

Lettuce pray this is resolved soon. 'cos we don't want it dragging on.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    We'd be a perfect team for Qatar (PSG) to buy. They've already set up an academy over here. Capital city team. Loan us all your talent!
    And your workers, we’d have the best stadium in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    they haven't set up an "academy" over here. it's just a bog standard local football camp that pay to franchise the PSG name as a away to entice local kids in, they have them all over the place.

"Capital City team" means absolutely nothing to an external investor. We are a small provincial city in a poor part of the UK.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Bale buying a golf club? Possibly. Bale buying a football club? Surely not. Still struggling to get my head around the possibility of him playing for us - that’ll do for me.
    Not many investors make a profit from football clubs, the odd brit, but mostly Americans although they got their fingers burnt with Swansea so would we look that atractive to American Investors?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Not many investors make a profit from football clubs, the odd brit, but mostly Americans although they got their fingers burnt with Swansea so would we look that atractive to American Investors?
    I believe the Jacks investors have done very well out of the club.

I don't see the point in any new owner coming in just to tread water whoever they are.If the sale of Chelsea is anything to go by then that will be the bar set for those that follow.So by my rough calculations we're sold for say 80 million to some money bags, they then get us to the prem and into Europe for spending 150m on the way and sell us for 3 billion. Easy peasy lads.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I believe the Jacks investors have done very well out of the club.
    They sold 140 million worth of players alone in the last five years, let alone sky cash and parachutes

They sold 140 million worth of players alone in the last five years, let alone sky cash and parachutes
    Quite a windfall!

Jenkins out west managed it on a shoestring, it can be done
    They started small and built.

We are already losing silly amounts a month, someone has to cover the losses don't they!!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Quite a windfall!
    Leave 'one-liners' like this to TBG, please.