+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Root hits 10, 000 As England??

Root hits 10, 000 As England??

Win hopefully.

Better batsman than captain in my view , hope we now see him in his glory as a batsman

Re: Root hits 10, 000 As England??

Outstanding batsman.

Decent part-time bowler and good slip catcher as well.

it's amazing how often that happens, a brilliant batsman stripped of the captaincy suddenly back to his best with the bat

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    it's amazing how often that happens, a brilliant batsman stripped of the captaincy suddenly back to his best with the bat
    Back to his best? He was cricketer of the year in 2021 and scored over 1700 test runs the 3rd highest of all time in a calender year.

He averaged over 50 as Test captain.

Poor captain but it didnt effect his batting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think that's unfair. He carried the team with his batting right through his period as captain. What a superb test batsman he is.

Best batsmen England have had in my period

Forgot how good a test match win feels

Great batsman who could still score stacks more runs - proof that good guys can succeed at sport as well.

Foakes contribution shouldnt be overlooked. Took a couple of catches low down coming forward slightly which he made to look easy.

I dont think Buttler is taking them.

Having a top class wicketkeeper makes a huge difference and I hope down the line they dont go putting in an inferior keeper for their batting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Foakes contribution shouldnt be overlooked. Took a couple of catches low down coming forward slightly which he made to look easy.

I dont think Buttler is taking them.

Having a top class wicketkeeper makes a huge difference and I hope down the line they dont go putting in an inferior keeper for their batting.
    Youngest to reach 10,000 runs ( that’s if Cooks mum texts him back to say he was born after 11.45 )
    31years 157 days

I think it's a credit to him the way he's just slipped back into the ranks and delivered a good performance. Brilliant test match that ebbed and flowed, all credit to England for beating a good nz side.

Back to his best? He was cricketer of the year in 2021 and scored over 1700 test runs the 3rd highest of all time in a calender year.

Didn't he score more runs than the rest of the team combined over the whole year?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Didn't he score more runs than the rest of the team combined over the whole year?
    No they were bad but not that bad. Burns was 2nd top scorer with 530.

Disagree - never know what type of captain he would have been as he had one of the weakest (and continues to be) top 6 for some time - great leader as he carried the batting for most of his time as captain

As others have said seems like a genuinely nice guy 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Disagree - never know what type of captain he would have been as he had one of the weakest (and continues to be) top 6 for some time - great leader as he carried the batting for most of his time as captain

As others have said seems like a genuinely nice guy 👍
    Should overtake Cook as record run scorer

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/co...ds/223646.html

Another Root century.

Interesting Mooen has come out of Test Retirement after talking to McCullum.

Another Root century.

Means they can play 2 spinners in Pakistan and Mo strengthens the batting. I'd still like to see Parky get a proper go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Means they can play 2 spinners in Pakistan and Mo strengthens the batting. I'd still like to see Parky get a proper go.
    Id like to see Parkinson given a go as well.

At the moment England have a long tail with Potts at 8. I can see Moeen back earlier than Pakistan.

Another Root century.

Moens 13 year old nephew playing for Warwickshire 2nds!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Moens 13 year old nephew playing for Warwickshire 2nds!!
    Really? Thats incredible. Must be some prospect.

Stokes thinking he’s playing 20/20

Really? Thats incredible. Must be some prospect.
    Mentioned it on radio coverage earlier - I was taking down a partition wall at the time so may have misheard 🙄

First Team

Root really is a very special player.
    Based on the current stats and that he has , potentially, a fair few more years at the top he could end up as the all time top run accumulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Root really is a very special player.
    Based on the current stats and that he has , potentially, a fair few more years at the top he could end up as the all time top run accumulator.
    That’s a fairly good description of him “run accumulator”, much better than batter