+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Making of Robert Page

Re: The Making of Robert Page

Getting rid of the manager who has got us to the World Cup isnt an option.

He deserves to lead us there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Well done Mr Page, hell of gamble playing one of the better Serie A midfielders in the backline, even though we were struggling in midfield. It took some balls that.
    Are you still flogging that horse?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Gluey seems to think the manager should go because we didn’t qualify for our first World Cup in sixty four years in the manner he wanted us to.

On the other hand, I believe Page should stay even if Giggs is found not guilty - that’d be tough on Giggs, but, despite his modest record in club football, Page is proving himself to be, arguably, Wales’ best ever manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Aren't opinions allowed on here anymore? The stats back up what I said about Ampadu being one of the better performing midfielders in Serie A, and it seems to be his best position. On the other hand, our midfield weren't all that good last night, and we were lucky to get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Gluey seems to think the manager should go because we didn’t qualify for our first World Cup in sixty four years in the manner he wanted us to.

On the other hand, I believe Page should stay even if Giggs is found not guilty - that’d be tough on Giggs, but, despite his modest record in club football, Page is proving himself to be, arguably, Wales’ best ever manager.
    If you read the thread properly, I have already said he should stay as the permanent manager.

If you read the thread properly, I have already said he should stay as the permanent manager.
    I also read your thread about ditching the older players, you were very grudging in any praise you gave after the Austria game and you're the same today.

Page has earned the right to take us to the World Cup, Giggs is an embarrassment to Wales

I also read your thread about ditching the older players, you were very grudging in any praise you gave after the Austria game and you're the same today.
    Yes, that is my opinion if I am allowed to have one. We looked more cohesive in midfield against the Czech Republic when he came on and played in front of the defence. It seems the problem we have is Ampadu is our best player in two positions, so there will always be some debate about where he plays. If he plays at RCB we run the risk of teams coming through the middle when we play against decent opposition.

Let’s not call for his head if we don’t make it through the group stages.
    The guy has followed on greatly in the footsteps of Gary Speed and Chris Colman.

Aren't opinions allowed on here anymore? The stats back up what I said about Ampadu being one of the better performing midfielders in Serie A, and it seems to be his best position. On the other hand, our midfield weren't all that good last night, and we were lucky to get away with it.
    I've never said you can't have an opinion, just that you keep claiming that Ampadu is is the best thing since sliced bread and I'm yet to see anything to back that up.

Any evidence to highlight he was one of the better performing midfielders in Seria A?

Haven't we got the second longest current unbeaten home record in Europe? That doesn't happen by luck.

If Giggs is found to be innocent, what grounds would we have to dismiss him? Surely he’d be able to claim some kind of unfair dismissal. Though given his contract ends after the World Cup, I would hope he does the decent thing and walks away now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    If Giggs is found to be innocent, what grounds would we have to dismiss him? Surely he’d be able to claim some kind of unfair dismissal. Though given his contract ends after the World Cup, I would hope he does the decent thing and walks away now.
    I believe that the FAW has still been paying Giggs since he was arrested. A few more months on gardening leave isn't going to make much difference.

His contract does cover the World Cup so expires in December
    He’s been getting paid £400 k a year since put on gardening leave
    Innocent until proven guilty and all that
    Look at Johnny Depp
    I’d hate to see Giggs return
    Why the Welsh FA employed such a poor role model is baffling
    He spent millions on super injunctions trying to gag the press from printing the truth
    He won’t be remembered for his time on the pitch but shamefully off it

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Getting rid of the manager who has got us to the World Cup isnt an option.

He deserves to lead us there.
    Like Warnock with the PL?

Managers always take the brunt in defeats and failures but don't always enjoy a proportionate share in vicotories and successes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    His contract does cover the World Cup so expires in December
    He’s been getting paid £400 k a year since put on gardening leave
    Innocent until proven guilty and all that
    Look at Johnny Depp
    I’d hate to see Giggs return
    Why the Welsh FA employed such a poor role model is baffling
    He spent millions on super injunctions trying to gag the press from printing the truth
    He won’t be remembered for his time on the pitch but shamefully off it
    Speaks volumes about Giggs's character that he's been taking £400k a year from us when it's obvious to everyone that the team's moved on. He should have walked away and handed over to Page a long time ago.

It seems the problem we have is Ampadu is our best player in two positions
    Ben Davies is better than Ampadu in any defensive position.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Like Warnock with the PL?
    I hope you don't think that's a valid comparison.

Part of the reason a team gets promoted is to stay in that higher division. It hardly wants to win promotion to enjoy one season losing lots of games en route to a return to the division below. Warnock had rarely ever proved himself a manager capable in the PL. Our aim should have been survival and if that meant getting a new boss in, who had a better track record in the PL, then so be it.

The World Cup is a one off tournament. Unless we win it, which is a million to one shot, we'll still have to qualify again in 4 years time. What are our ambitions? If we got out of the group stage I'd be ecstatic. Would a change of manager get us any further? I doubt it.

From what I recall, Chris Coleman had his critics before the Euros. I wasn't too convinced by him. We got to a semi final with a manager who hadn't really achieved much. Page said last night that the squad hardly needs managing, they're such a good bunch. We saw in Euro 2016 that the squad was together, united. The balance of the Welsh setup is great. No need to change anything now. Of course, much will change after the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Part of the reason a team gets promoted is to stay in that higher division. It hardly wants to win promotion to enjoy one season losing lots of games en route to a return to the division below. Warnock had rarely ever proved himself a manager capable in the PL. Our aim should have been survival and if that meant getting a new boss in, who had a better track record in the PL, then so be it.

The World Cup is a one off tournament. Unless we win it, which is a million to one shot, we'll still have to qualify again in 4 years time. What are our ambitions? If we got out of the group stage I'd be ecstatic. Would a change of manager get us any further? I doubt it.

From what I recall, Chris Coleman had his critics before the Euros. I wasn't too convinced by him. We got to a semi final with a manager who hadn't really achieved much. Page said last night that the squad hardly needs managing, they're such a good bunch. We saw in Euro 2016 that the squad was together, united. The balance of the Welsh setup is great. No need to change anything now. Of course, much will change after the World Cup.
    I noticed when the team were going round clapping the fans last night that when Rob Page stepped forward, Ben Davies pointed at him to say give him credit, seems like the team likes having him as manager

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

No. I was taking the piss.

Yes, that is my opinion if I am allowed to have one. We looked more cohesive in midfield against the Czech Republic when he came on and played in front of the defence. It seems the problem we have is Ampadu is our best player in two positions, so there will always be some debate about where he plays. If he plays at RCB we run the risk of teams coming through the middle when we play against decent opposition.
    Ampadu doesn't have a position. He played in 5 different positions for Venezia, and although he may have done well (I don't have a clue) it isn't a positive for a young player to be shifted about so often. You compared him to Beckenbauer on here once or twice. I do hope that you were joking

Giggs can **** off

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Ampadu doesn't have a position. He played in 5 different positions for Venezia, and although he may have done well (I don't have a clue) it isn't a positive for a young player to be shifted about so often. You compared him to Beckenbauer on here once or twice. I do hope that you were joking
    he needs to settle on a position asap in my opinion.
    I think a ball playing centre back will be his best position, but he gets out of.position sometimes, which would be improved by playing there all the time.
    he played the Ukrainian players onside a couple of times the other night

Let’s see what he’s made of in November.If Wales would have been up against a Mitrovic type of striker, the whole of Wales football nation would have wanted him out of the door. Lucky for him they weren’t. Some things are just meant to be.