+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Making of Robert Page

The Making of Robert Page

I haven't always agreed with his tactics and his selections, but if he pulls this one off, I think he should be given the managers job on a permanent basis.

Re: The Making of Robert Page

If- the biggest word in the English Dictionary.

I would still like to see Giggs come back assuming the court case turns in his favour. Not sure when that is but if we do get to the World Cup I’d like Giggs in charge if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I would still like to see Giggs come back assuming the court case turns in his favour. Not sure when that is but if we do get to the World Cup I’d like Giggs in charge if possible.
    Mr Charisma back in charge of the Wales team? Nah, I'll give that one a miss thanks

When does Giggs contract end? I don't think he should come back irrespective of how the Court case turns out.

Giggs like him or loathe him is still the current Wales manager albeit on gardening leave 🥹

I for one tho would love to see Pagey be the first manager to qualify for a World Cup since 1958

We’ll debate further I’m sure in three hours time
    C’mon Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

International

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    That will be for his greater experience of being in world and european international finals would it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    When does Giggs contract end? I don't think he should come back irrespective of how the Court case turns out.
    Giggs is a complete embarrassment and should never manage Wales again. Despite my initial misgivings, I think that Page should be given the job permanently.

The only manager to get Wales to the World Cup since 1958. It's a no brainer that Page should be given the job permanently.

Well done Mr Page, hell of gamble playing one of the better Serie A midfielders in the backline, even though we were struggling in midfield. It took some balls that.

This is going to sound strange but I don’t rate Page.I believe the players are getting the results and he’s afraid of upsetting the senior ones.Team selection and substitutions were off today.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I haven't always agreed with his tactics and his selections, but if he pulls this one off, I think he should be given the managers job on a permanent basis.
    Don't want Giggs back.

I'm not sure playing Moore worked today and I was surprised that he wasn't substituted for another midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    This is going to sound strange but I don’t rate Page.I believe the players are getting the results and he’s afraid of upsetting the senior ones.Team selection and substitutions were off today.
    You can't say he hasn't deserved it?

Page should now get the job. He has done all that could have been asked.

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Page was very lucky in this game. Our midfield was nonexistent for 90 minutes and he did nothing to change it, but we somehow didn't concede despite Ukraine having 22 shots and 9 on target. His reluctance to make substitutions unless we're losing will cost us eventually.

I apologise for calling you a clown x

Page isn't the best manager in the world but the thought of Giggs coming back to replace him as some experienced saviour after everthing Page has achieved is insane. Cut the cord on Giggs, the guy's an arsehole and we don't need him

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    It's already ended I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Giggs like him or loathe him is still the current Wales manager albeit on gardening leave ��

I for one tho would love to see Pagey be the first manager to qualify for a World Cup since 1958

We’ll debate further I’m sure in three hours time
    C’mon Wales ��������������
    He had a 4 year contract in Janaury 2018, so he's no longer the manager.

I like Page but think his tactical weakness will cost us. I’d like to get an experienced International manager in with Page shadowing him

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    He had a 4 year contract in Janaury 2018, so he's no longer the manager.
    His contract covers the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Page was very lucky in this game. Our midfield was nonexistent for 90 minutes and he did nothing to change it, but we somehow didn't concede despite Ukraine having 22 shots and 9 on target. His reluctance to make substitutions unless we're losing will cost us eventually.
    We struggled with Ukraine's short passing in the final third, little triangles and short 1st time passes around or between defenders and deep midfield players. If they had been able to finish then they could have had three or four. Our best player was Davies, in my opinion, and that was mainly down to last ditch tackles after Ukraine had played through us. Davies was brilliant, switched on, we struggled at times through the middle. Onwards and upwards though, it's been a great day, job done

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    His contract covers the World Cup.
    Is and corrected, i found reference online to it ending after qualifying.

It's a weird one, I can't say I'm convinced by Page but then he has qualified for something that no other manager for us has for 60 odd years.

He absolutely deserves to take us to the world cup. Beyond that I'd see how we get on there.

The Denmark performance still annoys me.

Tactically today we were shocking, we got lucky. Players seem to believe in him so the risk is there but for me he needs replacing. Today reminded me of Denmark but different result. Not pages fault he was pushed into this but there is a reason he hasn’t managed at any decent level.