+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Making of Robert Page

Re: The Making of Robert Page

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he needs to settle on a position asap in my opinion.
    I think a ball playing centre back will be his best position, but he gets out of.position sometimes, which would be improved by playing there all the time.
    he played the Ukrainian players onside a couple of times the other night
    Yeah, he didn't step up on a couple of occasions. He's decent, but struggles when he has to pick up runners, he has a tendency to ball watch or follow the ball, his awareness isn't great at times. As a 'Spare' defender-midfielder he's decent, because a lot of that role is about putting yourself in positions to snuff out danger or receive the ball and set up attack. He isn't a natural defender or midfield player in the traditional sense. He does need to cement a position if he is to develop into a very good player.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Speaks volumes about Giggs's character that he's been taking £400k a year from us when it's obvious to everyone that the team's moved on. He should have walked away and handed over to Page a long time ago.
    Can you be certain that he is taking the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Let’s see what he’s made of in November.If Wales would have been up against a Mitrovic type of striker, the whole of Wales football nation would have wanted him out of the door. Lucky for him they weren’t. Some things are just meant to be.
    But they didn’t did they? So luck doesn’t come into it. Pointless post.

Why don’t you troll the dark side, you’d be most welcome there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    But they didn’t did they? So luck doesn’t come into it. Pointless post.

Why don’t you troll the dark side, you’d be most welcome there.
    If you don't respond to trolls they have no audience.

To me Giggs is by far the better manager

But we now have to cut ties I think, can’t see him getting the dressing room back.

Such a shame he ****ed it up for himself

Even if Page is awful at the WC I don’t care, it was always about just getting there for me

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Can you be certain that he is taking the money.
    Welsh FA Chief Exec said this back in November, I can't be certain nothing's changed but also don't see why it would have

https://nation.cymru/sport/ryan-gigg...anager-salary/

Speaks volumes about Giggs's character that he's been taking £400k a year from us when it's obvious to everyone that the team's moved on. He should have walked away and handed over to Page a long time ago.
    Why wouldn’t he if he felt he was innocent

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    To me Giggs is by far the better manager

But we now have to cut ties I think, can’t see him getting the dressing room back.

Such a shame he ****ed it up for himself

Even if Page is awful at the WC I don’t care, it was always about just getting there for me
    In 22 games, apart from the B team loss to Poland the other day Page has only lost to France, Belgium, Italy and Denmark. I think "Giggs is by far the better manager" is stretching it

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Why wouldn’t he if he felt he was innocent
    Because him coming back now is clearly not in the national team's best interests, too much has happened. Not that he's ever been one to care about anybody apart from himself, as I'm sure his brother would testify

How anybody can question Page's credentials after he's plotted a successful course through a qualification minefield that has included some very decent sides is beyond me. We've always been a limited team for obvious reasons but with Page's help, boundaries are being pushed further back with every tournament we play. The players think the world of him, he took the helm at a very difficult time and finally, he's managed a team to do something we haven't done as a nation for over 60 years. I for one salute him and hope that Giggs stands down well before the build up to the World Cup itself.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    If you don't respond to trolls they have no audience.
    Quite true, but after seeing so much crap from him had to post something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Quite true, but after seeing so much crap from him had to post something.
    That's what they bank on

I think he's tactically naive. But he's done what no other Welsh manager has done in my lifetime. I think we have a great team spirit. That goes a very long way. And he deserves credit for that. As does, Cookie, Speed and Tosh, who started this whole thing. But in Bale, we have something magical. There's no player of his quality, that has cared so much about his country that I remember. ****ing Qatar, just our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Let’s see what he’s made of in November.If Wales would have been up against a Mitrovic type of striker, the whole of Wales football nation would have wanted him out of the door. Lucky for him they weren’t. Some things are just meant to be.
    Call me tactically naive if you want (it’d be a compliment actually because some very good and successful managers have been called that as a matter of course on here down the decades) but maybe we would have played differently if the opposition had a Mitrovic type striker?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Call me tactically naive if you want (it’d be a compliment actually because some very good and successful managers have been called that as a matter of course on here down the decades) but maybe we would have played differently if the opposition had a Mitrovic type striker?
    Yeah odd statement that. You might as well say yeah it's all very well and good Wales qualifying but if we'd have been up against prime Maradona we'd have lost therefore Page out

Yeah odd statement that. You might as well say yeah it's all very well and good Wales qualifying but if we'd have been up against prime Maradona we'd have lost therefore Page out
    Yeah but if we’d have had Pep as our manager.................

Well to be fair I don't think it was our plan to let them have quite so much of the game because we had studied their players and knew they wouldn't score.

We were just lucky at times. Nothing wrong with that. Ukraine had to play and put everything into the Scotland game, we also had the home draw. It was set up for us and we won so it doesn't matter.

We also could have scored one or two more. Perhaps if Bale and Ramsey actually have some match fitness they put their chances away.