Thread: Yma o Hyd

Re: Yma o Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Imagine saying that 10 years ago!
    When we were ranked 117th!

Imagine saying that 10 years ago!
    Isn't Ian Gwyn Hughes ex BBC football reporter, the man whose got a lot of their good work right in terms of PR and profile?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Isn't Ian Gwyn Hughes ex BBC football reporter, the man whose got a lot of their good work right in terms of PR and profile?
    Not sure, but i always liked him as a commentator.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It's great at Wales games home and away over the last few years. What possessed the CCFC marketing team to pump it out at the recent Jack derby remains a mystery though. Together Stronger and all that at Wales games but in the South Wales Derby it was the equivalent of bringing in a choir to sing Blaydon Races when we played Newcastle.
    How embarrassing was that? In today’s ‘Ukraine terms’ it was as though Newcastle had been invaded by their neighbours Sunderland, being raped and pillaged all along the Tyne and we were showing our support.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    How embarrassing was that? In today’s ‘Ukraine terms’ it was as though Newcastle had been invaded by their neighbours Sunderland, being raped and pillaged all along the Tyne and we were showing our support.
    Newcastle, Pillaged? They'd have a job! I was back and forth that part of the world during the late eighties, early nineties, Birtley to be exact, what a ****ing dump. I was seeing a lass up that way. She was as rough as ****, but great fun

Newcastle, Pillaged? They'd have a job! I was back and forth that part of the world during the late eighties, early nineties, Birtley to be exact, what a ****ing dump. I was seeing a lass up that way. She was as rough as ****, but great fun
    So you’ve raped & pillaged up there then, I’ve got you down now as the Mackems advance party.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    So you’ve raped & pillaged up there then, I’ve got you down now as the Mackems advance party.
    It was the other way round, trust me on that one. That girl did things.....

same.. only heard it a few times before and never really took much notice...

until now

i got asked to make a remix of it... bit rough around the edges but i like that, i can always spruce it up at a later date

here goes

checking to see if this link works also incase you cant click above... click the nodding dj

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It's great at Wales games home and away over the last few years. What possessed the CCFC marketing team to pump it out at the recent Jack derby remains a mystery though. Together Stronger and all that at Wales games but in the South Wales Derby it was the equivalent of bringing in a choir to sing Blaydon Races when we played Newcastle.
    To be fair we've been playing it for a while, we played it as members of the British armed forces walked around the pitch which I found pretty funny

If you look at peoples comments from other countries then you will see how envious they are of our passion. Can't believe some Welsh people disapprove of Yma o Hyd.

It's far better than the national anthem which is a bit of a dogs dinner

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Could be worse could be singing Adele

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CdYmL...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFPLk5mJ1D4

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    If you look at peoples comments from other countries then you will see how envious they are of our passion. Can't believe some Welsh people disapprove of Yma o Hyd.
    Some people, especially a few on here just like to be controversial and have a different opinion for the sake of it.

I think you’d be hard pressed to find any Welshman who had experience of the song to truly dislike it.

Perhaps we should ditch all this Welsh language and culture nonsense and start singing about shooting German bombers out of the air a la Ingerlund and Northern Ireland?