+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hotel options For Qatar

Re: Hotel options For Qatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    £4799. 11 nights , 5 star hotel , 3 matches. Bed and Breakfast.
    Looks like the above is accommodation in Dubai with internal flights included.
    not a bad price to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    not a bad price to be fair
    Agreed, on the face of it. Flying in and out from Dubai for matches may make it a marginally more interesting prospect for some too.

Id be stunned if anyone wanting a ticket for Wales v Iran or USA didnt get one.

Im hoping to see loads of empty seats. Should never be held there.

Watch it on TV in the pub in Wales or at home or join BLUETIT in an Irish Bar in Tenerife.😂😂
    Hopefully the miserable moaning sod would get his marching orders before kick off so the rest of the bar could enjoy the game..

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I wonder if it's just a case of lots of hotels not being finished yet, that will then come onto the market. This tournament isn't a money making making exercise for Qatar, they don't need the money, and when you factor in bribes and all the new infrastructure they have built then I'd imagine they are willing to take a huge monetary hit on staging the tournament. This is a very costly soft power/diplomacy exercise for the country. I find it hard to believe that they will undo all that by not having reasonably priced places for people to stay.
    From the mouth of one of the tennis greats “you cannot be serious”.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Yes although I did attend City's second leg play-off game against Bristol City away when I couldn't get a ticket on the away end: I thought I would make out that I was Hungarian if challenged (although I can only remember one word of that language).
    My logic was that unless anyone there actually spoke Hungarian (which is descended from Mongolian) I wouldn't be tested.
    As it happened, my seat was covered by tarpaulin to separate the fans and I had to grunt to several stewards in faux-Hungarian.
    You could have just spoken with that very finished accent you have Steve . No one would have put you in the Cardiff camp.
    " I say old chap , did you see that heathen just foul one of our chaps , disgusting..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    You could have just spoken with that very finished accent you have Steve . No one would have put you in the Cardiff camp.
    " I say old chap , did you see that heathen just foul one of our chaps , disgusting..."
    You abominable cad, Jimmy!

Ouch.

I'll be spending that on a family four doing a 3 week 1st class interail across Europe including flights home, all accommodation and food.

Can you imagine, 1 stupid mistake out there and you could end up doing 25 years hard labour

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Ouch.

I'll be spending that on a family four doing a 3 week 1st class interail across Europe including flights home, all accommodation and food.

Can you imagine, 1 stupid mistake out there and you could end up doing 25 years hard labour
    And a bout of Covid just before travelling could be costly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Parry View Post
    Looking at an allocation of 2,300 per game. Absolute joke.
    But it's the World Cup and all the other nations taking part are entitled to
    match tickets too!

They're making a good margin on that. If booking yourself, you can go:

BA Direct flight Heathrow-Dubai: 600
    11 Nights 5 Star: <1,000
    3x Dubai-Doha Shuttle Return flights: 600
    Total: £2,200

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    From the mouth of one of the tennis greats “you cannot be serious”.
    Why? This is basically an absolutely massive soft power exercise by Qatar. Same as the way they subsidise Qatar Airways as a flying advertisement for the image of the country they want to portray. Seems a bit short sighted to spunk billions on a tournament then mess up by not providing enough rooms for people to stay in.

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    But it's the World Cup and all the other nations taking part are entitled to
    match tickets too!
    How many tickets are the other nations allocated to our games?

5 star hotel Dubai, 11 nights , minimum £1900, with my Hotels.com maximum gold card discount, less stars cheaper obviously.
    Package includes 3 match tickets, current selling price £780

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    They're making a good margin on that. If booking yourself, you can go:

BA Direct flight Heathrow-Dubai: 600
    11 Nights 5 Star: <1,000
    3x Dubai-Doha Shuttle Return flights: 600
    Total: £2,200
    Where are you seeing Dubai/Doha return flights for £200? I've been looking at Dubai and Abu Dhabi and (if there's anything available) its been around £500 return.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How many tickets are the other nations allocated to our games?
    The same, 5% of 50,000 Ahmad bin Ali Stadium.

Two countries = 10k, 20k in the ballot for each game, leaves 20k for locals & officials. Ticketing currently closed, last minute sales start after ph2 tickets paid for, so July I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    5 star hotel Dubai, 11 nights , minimum £1900, with my Hotels.com maximum gold card discount, less stars cheaper obviously.
    Package includes 3 match tickets, current selling price £780
    Quick google... the Fairmont is 1.6k a room (£750 a head) for 11 nights. I'm increasingly seeing that, annoyingly, Expedia Group loyalty discounts are beaten by more and more sites, even when combining with cashback and/or discount codes.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad blue View Post
    Where are you seeing Dubai/Doha return flights for £200? I've been looking at Dubai and Abu Dhabi and (if there's anything available) its been around £500 return.
    I agree £413 the cheapest I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad blue View Post
    Will need to go directly to FlyDubai - https://www.flydubai.com/en/plan/mat...lights-to-doha

Quick google... the Fairmont is 1.6k a room (£750 a head) for 11 nights. I'm increasingly seeing that, annoyingly, Expedia Group loyalty discounts are beaten by more and more sites, even when combining with cashback and/or discount codes.
    QE2 £1360 seems an idea

The one thing that's holding me back from booking at the moment is the fear that being based in Dubai, rather than Doha, means that you miss out on the day-to-day World Cup atmosphere in Doha. How much of that will there be in Doha though?!

Latest from Wonky Sheep
    Up to now we’ve held off giving a guide price until we had a clearer picture of where we were heading and what you’ll see below are rough ball-park figures because until everything is finalised and our preferred options are approved, things can change.

The 10-night trip which includes charter flights from Cardiff, transfers and accommodation in Doha is currently heading for an entry point of somewhere between £2,100 and £2,450 per person based on full apartment occupancy of 4 or 6 people but it will also depend on which option you go for.

If we get what we want, it’ll start at the lower end.

We’ve worked hard to keep prices as low as possible and given many fans we spoke to in Poland were budgeting for, or predicting prices to us of around £4,000-£6,000 for the 10 days with flights and apartments, we hope this will be welcome news.

If we get hotel rooms, you could roughly expect the trip to be around the £3,500-£4,000 mark per person based on two people in a room (including flights and transfers). This will be offered as an upgrade from the apartment.

The first match only option is forecast to be in the region of £1,300-£1,400 and a day return if there is sufficient interest is heading for around the £1,000 mark.

Again I repeat, these are guide prices and only when everything is confirmed will we have the final prices. Fingers crossed it’ll be very soon.

Will need to go directly to FlyDubai - https://www.flydubai.com/en/plan/mat...lights-to-doha
    Cheers, will give that a look.

Not sure whether it was posted by anyone earlier, but in case its useful, the official accommodation booking portal is here: https://www.qatar2022.qa/book

Ocky White Travel have packages, with tickets, Cat C neutral zone, on sale now.
    Just booked for the England match.
    Scroll down for details:
    https://m.facebook.com/ockywhitetrav...P9lf1atAt55a2R

I’ve gone all in,
    Flights to Dubai booked and 12 days in Abu Dhabi as my base.
    I’ve been to Dubai & Abu Dhabi nearly 20 times which made the decision easier.

Decided that even if I cant get tickets I’ll make a holiday of it and book now before all the costs go up.

So just waiting to see what tickets I can get so I can then book the flights from Dubai to Doha as day day returns.

It’s becoming very real now ��

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    I’ve gone all in,
    Flights to Dubai booked and 12 days in Abu Dhabi as my base.
    I’ve been to Dubai & Abu Dhabi nearly 20 times which made the decision easier.

Decided that even if I cant get tickets I’ll make a holiday of it and book now before all the costs go up.

So just waiting to see what tickets I can get so I can then book the flights from Dubai to Doha as day day returns.

It’s becoming very real now ��

All well and good for people with OBE’s