+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hotel options For Qatar

Hotel options For Qatar

Doesnt seem to be any, other than post 1K per night Airnb. Option may be to drive from Abu Dhabi, but thats six hours each way, flying in and out of Bahrain, Abu Dhabi and Dubai is silly prices. Would have liked to see a game or two, but I think its beyond the average earner (at least me anyway)

Re: Hotel options For Qatar

Be interesting to see what packages Wonky Sheep come up with this week.

It's so sad that after such a wonderful achievement that the prize for the vast majority of the fans of even the most fervent will be staying home and watching it on the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's so sad that after such a wonderful achievement that the prize for the vast majority of the fans of even the most fervent will be staying home and watching it on the TV.
    Sadly true.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Be interesting to see what packages Wonky Sheep come up with this week.
    Nothing on sale yet, but this page has information on what they will be offering

https://wonkysheep.co.uk/2022-fifa-world-cup-trips/

Maybe try Dubai? It’s not far is it? Qatar is just a hub really so getting in and out should be no problem

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Maybe try Dubai? It’s not far is it? Qatar is just a hub really so getting in and out should be no problem
    Definitely an option, especially as my brother in law lives there 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Nothing on sale yet, but this page has information on what they will be offering

https://wonkysheep.co.uk/2022-fifa-world-cup-trips/
    Heard it being suggested when In Wroclaw that they are looking at hiring a cruise ship. Not sure whether it’s practical or financial feasible but it’s inventive.

Cocked up my edit.

Au contraire. Celebrate that many will be priced-out of making wholly unnecessary and utterly decadent journeys which pollute the planet and deplete its precious resources in the pursuit of hedonism.

The more bucket hat wearing, leek munching Wales supporters who are financially compelled to watch World Cup games on TV in Blighty then the better for humankind it will be.

I’m sure there will be fan parks set up back home in Wales but surely indoors only?
    The weather in November/December definitely won’t match Qatar lol ☀️

Wonky Sheep charge Ł450 for 2 nights in Dublin so their price will be ridiculous for this. Probably licking their lips at having a package a lot of people will have no choice but to go with.

Can’t even see how to get accommodation atm, FAW should clear it up next few days but going to be a big ask for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Au contraire. Celebrate that many will be priced-out of making wholly unnecessary and utterly decadent journeys which pollute the planet and deplete its precious resources in the pursuit of hedonism.

The more bucket hat wearing, leek munching Wales supporters who are financially compelled to watch World Cup games on TV in Blighty then the better for humankind it will be.

Do you no longer believe climate change is a hoax?

Just looked on Airbnb at accommodation in Doha over the World Cup dates
    Everything is over a thousand pounds a night- talk about cashing in 😤
    The exact same rooms next week can be had from fifty four quid a night
    We’ll have to do a Wembley 2008 special
    36 of us stayed in a double room in the Hilton - and we all had breakfast pmsl 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The Great Reset will happen before climate change kicks in anyway. Why leave a decent planet for the victors?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    organ does not believe in anything, he just presents whatever wild fantasies he can find on the internet as fact then disowns them whenever someone challenges their obvious flaws

First Team

I looked into this trip several months ago and however you look at it the costs are enormous.

I even tried the “ Trainspotters” ( a group of England supporters who travel almost exclusively by train and stay in obscure towns to keep costs down) but they are not bothering as they decided the costs were prohibitive to almost all.

For most on here it will be their first World Cup, so interest will be high, but unless you can get on a commercial freebie then it may be a bit of a struggle.

I am resigned to watching on TV in a comfortable armchair.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yes but flight costs for the days the games are on are either very high or no availability. Airbnb and accomodation in Emirates is not badly priced, but travel to and from Doha is. Same for Bahrain to doha, Being the last team to qualify has been unfortunate as all the cheapest accommodation has been bought up. I did hear rumours of cruise ships staying alongside in Doha and being used as hotels, but can't find anything official. Wonkeysheep will look into flights in and out out for the games. I think they may be the best option for many. I recommend people register interest. 7 hour flight not too bad really and within many people's budget.
    Spedger

Don't forget you need the Hayya card to get into Qatar and the match stadiums. And to get a Hayya card, you need match tickets. You have to but match tickets before you can sort out your accommodation.

I wonder if it's just a case of lots of hotels not being finished yet, that will then come onto the market. This tournament isn't a money making making exercise for Qatar, they don't need the money, and when you factor in bribes and all the new infrastructure they have built then I'd imagine they are willing to take a huge monetary hit on staging the tournament. This is a very costly soft power/diplomacy exercise for the country. I find it hard to believe that they will undo all that by not having reasonably priced places for people to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Yes but flight costs for the days the games are on are either very high or no availability. Airbnb and accomodation in Emirates is not badly priced, but travel to and from Doha is. Same for Bahrain to doha, Being the last team to qualify has been unfortunate as all the cheapest accommodation has been bought up. I did hear rumours of cruise ships staying alongside in Doha and being used as hotels, but can't find anything official. Wonkeysheep will look into flights in and out out for the games. I think they may be the best option for many. I recommend people register interest. 7 hour flight not too bad really and within many people's budget.
    Spedger
    Agreed. That’s what I’m pinning hopes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Spedger
    apparently more flights from Dubai are going to open up and the prices should come down

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    Don't forget you need the Hayya card to get into Qatar and the match stadiums. And to get a Hayya card, you need match tickets. You have to but match tickets before you can sort out your accommodation.
    Paul Corky, from the fans federation, was just on Sky Sports, saying exactly this.

Don’t attempt to book travel or accommodation without getting your match ticket first

Hard to think of a worse place to have a World Cup to be honest….

Look up Claire Hopkin on Twitter. She is doing accommodation in Dubai and flights to Qatar from there. I think anyway.