+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hotel options For Qatar

Re: Hotel options For Qatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Agreed. That’s what I’m pinning hopes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Just looked that up and they are also include the match tickets . That sounds too good to be true. And how did they get hold of match tickets.
    Spedger
    Bordessa holidays on Facebook also
    5star hotel bed and breakfast 4 nights internal flights from Dubai to Doha included
    WALES v ENGLAND match tickets included
    £2,099pp
    Not bad

BTW they are based in Carmarthen several friends have used them for holidays my daughter and son in law have used them all swear by them to be reliable and there’s good personal contact with them

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Ha - very true!. Exactly what my son said to me coming away from the match - let's make sure we are in Wales to watch the matches.
    Be great if the civic powers of cities and towns could create communal venues up and down the country. Not sure how outdoor fan parks/zones would work in November but there should be number of indoor/covered zones organised, you’d like to think?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Lanzarote for me, I think. I'll go to my usual resort of Costa Teguise. There are some cracking Scots and Irish bars who won't be supporting England out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Was an Irish bar mentioned?
    YES

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke blue View Post
    Bordessa holidays on Facebook also
    5star hotel bed and breakfast 4 nights internal flights from Dubai to Doha included
    WALES v ENGLAND match tickets included
    £2,099pp
    Not bad
    But how did/do they get hold of match tickets?
    Spedger

International

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Bordessa holidays are doing a 3 match package for £4799
    Risky in the current climate, imagine you could be on the plane and they say sorry the pilots done his hours we are cancelling the flight, we will try and find another for next week!

We have 2,600 members who qualified for Poland and Netherlands away. Allocation per game should be 2,300. We’ve missed out on the ballots that were massively over subscribed. No chance of tickets unless you go away regular.

With not being able to enter the country, I can’t see many actually being able to go. I hope everyone kept their cool and hasn’t already spent close to a grand on flights with little hope of entry to Qatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Parry View Post
    We have 2,600 members who qualified for Poland and Netherlands away. Allocation per game should be 2,300. We’ve missed out on the ballots that were massively over subscribed. No chance of tickets unless you go away regular.

With not being able to enter the country, I can’t see many actually being able to go. I hope everyone kept their cool and hasn’t already spent close to a grand on flights with little hope of entry to Qatar.
    Does anyone know how ticket sales have gone for the World Cup generally?

I remember in South Africa, there were some games with perhaps 10,000 empty seats. It's far poorer than Qatar of course, but with a much greater population and more of a football country.

Are games selling out? Is it not possible that for many games we will see official allocations for each team significantly increase? I can see how Iran, USA and England are probably three of the more interesting teams to Qataris, but are they really going to turn out in their tens of thousands for all these games?

Official allocation around 2,300 per game. FIFA sales currently closed but last minute phase yet to be opened. I read that sales so far between 40-70% depending on which game, with midweek games down as low as 25% because the locals have to work.

Last update I read in April said 800,000 sold and 23.5 million applications went in. I wouldn’t bank on it but hopefully we can get more than 2k out there.

Id be stunned if anyone wanting a ticket for Wales v Iran or USA didnt get one.

Im hoping to see loads of empty seats. Should never be held there.

Watch it on TV in the pub in Wales or at home or join BLUETIT in an Irish Bar in Tenerife.😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Parry View Post
    Last update I read in April said 800,000 sold and 23.5 million applications went in. I wouldn’t bank on it but hopefully we can get more than 2k out there.
    That’s the figure I saw, 800k sold out of 1.3 million on general sale

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Does anyone know how ticket sales have gone for the World Cup generally?

I remember in South Africa, there were some games with perhaps 10,000 empty seats. It's far poorer than Qatar of course, but with a much greater population and more of a football country.

Are games selling out? Is it not possible that for many games we will see official allocations for each team significantly increase? I can see how Iran, USA and England are probably three of the more interesting teams to Qataris, but are they really going to turn out in their tens of thousands for all these games?
    I was a bit irked at the Euros in France: I decided to watch a game down in Bordeaux between the two Wales games down there and forked out about 100 Euros by buying a ticket through the portal. On the way to the ground people were selling them for a tenth of that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I was a bit irked at the Euros in France: I decided to watch a game down in Bordeaux between the two Wales games down there and forked out about 100 Euros by buying a ticket through the portal. On the way to the ground people were selling them for a tenth of that price.
    Between Austria and Hungary, that is.

Between Austria and Hungary, that is.
    The Empire derby?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The Empire derby?
    I sat with an Hungarian on my left side and with whom I spoke English and an Austrian on my right side with whom I spoke German. It was amusing when, at certain times in the match, one of them was getting out of his seat in excitement when the other was looking nervous and vice versa.

I sat with an Hungarian on my left side and with whom I spoke English and an Austrian on my right side with whom I spoke German. It was amusing when, at certain times in the match, one of them was getting out of his seat in excitement when the other was looking nervous and vice versa.

Don’t you mean “UMGEKEHRT” ?

Basically you are coming out as a non Hungarian speaker? I long suspected this was the case.

Basically you are coming out as a non Hungarian speaker? I long suspected this was the case.
    the language of Hungary is Magyar.

Yes although I did attend City's second leg play-off game against Bristol City away when I couldn't get a ticket on the away end: I thought I would make out that I was Hungarian if challenged (although I can only remember one word of that language).
    My logic was that unless anyone there actually spoke Hungarian (which is descended from Mongolian) I wouldn't be tested.
    As it happened, my seat was covered by tarpaulin to separate the fans and I had to grunt to several stewards in faux-Hungarian.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Don’t you mean “UMGEKEHRT” ?

Hays Travel Cardiff are offering packages to the World Cup. Someone posted on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Hays Travel Cardiff are offering packages to the World Cup. Someone posted on Facebook.
    £4799. 11 nights , 5 star hotel , 3 matches. Bed and Breakfast.

Looks like the above is accommodation in Dubai with internal flights included.