+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vote of Cofidence in Boris Johnson tonight

Vote of Cofidence in Boris Johnson tonight

I make no apologies for putting this on the main board.

the 54 threshold has obviously been reached

Vote between 18.00 and 20.00 tonight

Results asap afterwards

Re: Vote of Cofidence in Boris Johnson tinight

He's toast.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    He's toast.
    it's expected he'll win the vote and limp on

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think most streets will keep the bunting up just in case he loses though!

Think you might be right.

Although I saw one report over the weekend that even if he wins it some Tory MP's will withdraw their support during votes to make it impossible for him to carry on

very short notice for a vote, presumably plenty of Tories will be away in their constituencies still and will have to arrange a proxy vote - not sure how you do that in a secret ballot, how do you know that they voted the way you wanted

get rid of him and the rest of the sleaze party

Will he be wearing his tinhat tinight?

Who could replace him though, they're all corrupt as ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Nadine Dorries??????????

Joking apart( i Hope!!!) I would go for one of

Tom Tugendhat

Penny Mordaunt

Ben Wallace

But Boris has to lose first of course

The houses of Parliament cat could do a better job.
    Give it to the pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Nadine Dorries??????????

Tom Tugendhat

Penny Mordaunt

Ben Wallace

He doesn't have to lose though. Yes it needs 180 no votes to trigger a leadership election, but Theresa May lasted 6 months even though she didn't lose the vote of no confidence against her. Its how long Boris can continue knowing that x% of his own MPs don't want him there. In May's case it was 35%.

Wow ! Tell us more, please .......

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    He doesn't have to lose though. Yes it needs 180 no votes to trigger a leadership election, but Theresa May lasted 6 months even though she didn't lose the vote of no confidence against her. Its how long Boris can continue knowing that x% of his own MPs don't want him there. In May's case it was 35%.
    Johnson is not Theresa May though

Apart from being libelous that's unfair unless you have the evidence to support your statement. All of those mentioned above are decent and all a vast improvement on Johnson who will be a lame duck even if he wins tonight's vote.

International

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    He's toast.
    They win these votes then go from one to twelve months, so yes his days are numbered, who gets the job?

Mourdant and Zahawi are the dark horses?

International

Nadine Dorries??????????

Tom Tugendhat

Penny Mordaunt

Ben Wallace

Ben Wallace, comes accross quite well, seems fairly straight and to the point!

Clearly, today’s briefing to loyal MPs and the people they get to ring phone ins from no.10 is that Johnson gets the “big calls” right

They must be desperate, things must be worse than what most people think (I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t win) because what makes them think that’s going to be believed? Some women was on the phone in I was listening to just now saying Johnson was telling the world Putin was going to invade Ukraine before he did so. From memory, Biden, Macron and maybe Merkel before she went was saying the same and I know for a fact that the three of us who do Last of the Summer Wine impersonations when we meet up in the afternoon while walking our dogs were agreed back in November or December that the Russians were going to go in.

It was so telling to hear the boos for Johnson as he arrived for that Jubilee ceremony with his wife - when ardent royalists start booing a Conservative Prime Minister, you know they’ve got a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Clearly, today’s briefing to loyal MPs and the people they get to ring phone ins from no.10 is that Johnson gets the “big calls” right

They must be desperate, things must be worse than what most people think (I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t win) because what makes them think that’s going to be believed? Some women was on the phone in I was listening to just now saying Johnson was telling the world Putin was going to invade Ukraine before he did so. From memory, Biden, Macron and maybe Merkel before she went was saying the same and I know for a fact that the three of us who do Last of the Summer Wine impersonations when we meet up in the afternoon while walking our dogs were agreed back in November or December that the Russians were going to go in.

It was so telling to hear the boos for Johnson as he arrived for that Jubilee ceremony with his wife - when ardent royalists start booing a Conservative Prime Minister, you know they’ve got a problem.
    Now you've got me thinking which Summer Wine impersonation you do Bob.

I've now got this unfortunate vision of you walking your dog in a Beanie hat, battered old sports jacket and trousers held up with string (not to mention a pair of Wellies of indeterminate age). With a distinct facial resemblance to Bill Owen

https://twitter.com/Jeremy_Hunt/stat...W-2vqySBw&s=19

Jeremy Hunt making a play for the top job

Please please bang your heads together

This country could be a torch bearing leader for genuinely liberal democracies

But it's sadly predominantly right of centre since Thatcher turned up and pressed the everyone is in it for themselves button

I don't care whether Boris gets the boot or not . He will be replaced by another stooge who will get voted by enough people to get the Tories over the line .

The only decent tories are the ones who should really be in the liberal party . Ken Clarke , Heseltine when he was taking Thatcher on .

The rest of them are devious chancers .

If we had a decent middle ground opposition we could kick the rotters into the grass for ever as most people in this country don't vote for the clangers .

https://twitter.com/Jeremy_Hunt/stat...W-2vqySBw&s=19

Jeremy Hunt making a play for the top job
    The same Jeremy cnut who had shares in private health companies as he was reorganising the NHS ....well , privatising it

Now you've got me thinking which Summer Wine impersonation you do Bob.

I've now got this unfortunate vision of you walking your dog in a Beanie hat, battered old sports jacket and trousers held up with string (not to mention a pair of Wellies of indeterminate age). With a distinct facial resemblance to Bill Owen
    I meant more that we were three old fogeys who talk a load of rubbish and try to out the world to rights, but, for reasons of appearance only, I’m probably the nearest thing to a Compo in our trio.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I meant more that we were three old fogeys who talk a load of rubbish and try to out the world to rights, but, for reasons of appearance only, I’m probably the nearest thing to a Compo in our trio.
    Yes I didn't really think you spent your time walking along dry stone walls, doing cartwheels across the fields and falling into rivers ( or leching over Nora Batty, that's Sludge territory!).

I suupose I should really stop derailing my own thread on what is really a pretty important matter in respect of the running of this country!!