+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vote of Cofidence in Boris Johnson tonight

Re: Vote of Cofidence in Boris Johnson tonight

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    If the 148 vote with the opposition then this government's legislative agenda is dead in the water.
    I don't think they will do that though

This fecker lives on. Despicable, the guy is a complete kent supported by the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Zahawi thinks it’s a handsome win. That shows what loons are running the country.
    Thats the problem they are loons.

If the 148 vote with the opposition then this government's legislative agenda is dead in the water.
    Don't think that's ever going to happen as distaste for Johnson came from the spectrum of the party. What happened today is Tory MPs were given an opportunity to distance themselves from an immoral leadership., not least because decent Tory voters in their constituencies were bellowing for them to do so.

They decided not to do so.

Now the country has an entitled knob who is free from challenge under current Tory rules for a year, My estimation from this is that people will switch their anger from Johnson to the party he represents!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Johnson is biltong. Dead meat hanging out to dry.
    He doesn't give a monkeys.

He's still there. Still winging it.

He will see this as a huge victory and continue lying his way to glory.
    After all, what reall opposition do the tories really have?

Johnson is biltong. Dead meat hanging out to dry.
    He's turkey jerky.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    He doesn't give a monkeys.

He's still there. Still winging it.

He will see this as a huge victory and continue lying his way to glory.
    After all, what reall opposition do the tories really have?
    Maybe.

He is now seen by the public as a liar. Every time he wings it from now on reinforces that. The Tories are 6pts behind in the polls. This result will guarantee that they lose the by-elections in Wakefield and a Tory seat that had a majority of 24k in the last election. He will not lead the Tories into the next election unless they are on some kind of suicide pact. He will not be able to hide in a fridge next time and get away with iT.

I would much rather he was gone tonight but if the Tory Party wants to commit a slow hari kari then that's what their MPs have done tonight.

Maybe.

He is now seen by the public as a liar. Every time he wings it from now on reinforces that. The Tories are 6pts behind in the polls. This result will guarantee that they lose the by-elections in Wakefield and a Tory seat that had a majority of 24k in the last election. He will not lead the Tories into the next election unless they are on some kind of suicide pact. He will not be able to hide in a fridge next time and get away with iT.

I would much rather he was gone tonight but if the Tory Party wants to commit a slow hari kari then that's what their MPs have done tonight.
    if they lose Tiverton he really is toast

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'll have a word.

I wonder if Labour really want him gone ??

If he is as many suggest he is a political liability ,would Labour be better served with his survival??

Or come actually campaigning time does Boris come into own and that worries Labour ??

Stick or twist ...

Adolf Hitler could be in charge of the tory vermin and the combined opposition would feck it up

Labour
    Liberals
    SNP
    Plaid
    Greens

Join together ff sake or forever be in exile

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Was there some reason that they couldn't wait until after the by-elections to have the vote of no confidence? He is safe now for another 12 months what ever happens so he will carry on smugly. I guess he will be hoping that memories of "Partygate" will have faded by then.

Will we be able to find out how individual M.P.'s voted? I know you can for routine votes on legislation issues etc but I've a feeling this is a secret ballot job.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I wonder if Labour really want him gone ??

If he is as many suggest he is a political liability ,would Labour be better served with his survival??

Or come actually campaigning time does Boris come into own and that worries Labour ??

Stick or twist ...
    So on a day when there is a vote of no confidence in the leader of this country and the governing party is tearing itself apart I thought I would do a wordcount on your post.

1st. Labour (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Was there some reason that they couldn't wait until after the by-elections to have the vote of no confidence? He is safe now for another 12 months what ever happens so he will carry on smugly. I guess he will be hoping that memories of "Partygate" will have faded by then.

Will we be able to find out how individual M.P.'s voted? I know you can for routine votes on legislation issues etc but I've a feeling this is a secret ballot job.
    Many commentators are saying if MPs really want to get rid of him they will; the 1922 rules could easily be amended if needed. This was a Pyrrhic victory for him and he is mortally wounded. The longer he stays in post the further the Tories distance themselves from public opinion. This was the best possible result for the anti -Tory vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Many commentators are saying if MPs really want to get rid of him they will; the 1922 rules could easily be amended if needed. This was a Pyrrhic victory for him and he is mortally wounded. The longer he stays in post the further the Tories distance themselves from public opinion. This was the best possible result for the anti -Tory vote.
    59% of the Tory MPs voted for Johnson. Public opinion on the other hand...

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics.../06/06/3659e/1

If the Tories lose the by elections Brady will be redrafting every rule in the 1922 Committee handbook.

I just don't see Johnson having the dignity or humility to resign.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post

He's only safe from another confidence vote for 12 months. His closest allies will paint a picture in public of support and leadership, but in private they know in reality that he can't carry on much longer.

I'd said 120 would vote against him after a day when my estimation of the number involved went higher and higher. There were so many pundits and political correspondents giving their opinion on the size of the revolt, but I didn't believe the one who said that the figure could be as high as between 140 and 150 which would be at the very top end of a poor outcome for the PM - in some ballots a 59/41 ballot win is "comfortable" like Johnson's allies were calling it, but the precedents in Conservative Party votes of confidence in their leader shows that this is an outcome they should be very concerned about and I'm sure they are.

Johnson has this reputation of being a great electoral campaigner who hoovers up vote for his party, but so did Tony Blair once upon a time and yet twenty years or so after the event which changed how he was viewed by the public, he is still toxic when it comes to being a vote winner. It's beginning to look as if Johnson has gone the same way - I never thought I'd ever see a Conservative PM being booed by a bunch of ardent Royalists in my life, but it happened and I think it was a very significant indicator of where the country is today.

If the King is dead then there's going to be a new leader at some point

And for those of us in the UK who don't vote conservative ......and that's the majority of the population ......who is going to kick the new blue meanie off the throne?

It's not going to be starmer and Ed davey

These Tories though are completely stupid to try and declare Johnson has actually increased in popularity from the leadership election is bonkers even by their standards.

They are relying on the hard core id vote for anyone in a blue rosette plus a significant percentage of the population being as thick as them and falling for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    These Tories though are completely stupid to try and declare Johnson has actually increased in popularity from the leadership election is bonkers even by their standards.

They are relying on the hard core id vote for anyone in a blue rosette plus a significant percentage of the population being as thick as them and falling for it.
    They are technically correct though. more Tories voted for Johnson last night than in the leadership contest. I don't think you can read too much into that though as this wasn't a leadership contest. Johnson is a dead man walking, and this country really needs strong leadership with a parliament behind its prime minister. The sooner he is gone the better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    He's only safe from another confidence vote for 12 months. His closest allies will paint a picture in public of support and leadership, but in private they know in reality that he can't carry on much longer.
    He is not safe for 12 months. The 1922 committee just have to change their rules and it could be less.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    He is not safe for 12 months. The 1922 committee just have to change their rules and it could be less.

A daily Telegraph article today says

'The Committee’s executive officers are at liberty to amend the rules at any time, providing they consult the Conservative Party Board.'[

They are technically correct though. more Tories voted for Johnson last night than in the leadership contest. I don't think you can read too much into that though as this wasn't a leadership contest. Johnson is a dead man walking, and this country really needs strong leadership with a parliament behind its prime minister. The sooner he is gone the better.
    No they are not. Just because they preferred someone else at the time doesn't mean they had no confidence in him to lead.

Gawd it's so depressing.

I don't care whether you're a Tory or not, but even the right learning among us must see the utter incompetence, hypocrisy, dishonesty, arrogance and thievery of this particular bunch of Tories.

I can't see ONE single competent Tory cabinet minister - convicted criminals and bullies and really, really thick.

Someone said to me today that at least he will lose the next election - that's TWO years away, the country can't withstand this level of stupidity and nonsense for another two weeks, let alone two years.

I really dislike Starmers Labour, but for feck sake man, get a coalition together and get rid of these people who are ripping the heart of the country.

Truth is there are/were some decent Tories, like Rory Stewart, and although I fundamentally disagreed with his politics, he was at least smart, intelligent, compassionate and ethical.

But if you vote / support this particular bunch - then you have some serious issues.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Gawd it's so depressing.

I don't care whether you're a Tory or not, but even the right learning among us must see the utter incompetence, hypocrisy, dishonesty, arrogance and thievery of this particular bunch of Tories.

I can't see ONE single competent Tory cabinet minister - convicted criminals and bullies and really, really thick.

Someone said to me today that at least he will lose the next election - that's TWO years away, the country can't withstand this level of stupidity and nonsense for another two weeks, let alone two years.

I really dislike Starmers Labour, but for feck sake man, get a coalition together and get rid of these people who are ripping the heart of the country.

Truth is there are/were some decent Tories, like Rory Stewart, and although I fundamentally disagreed with his politics, he was at least smart, intelligent, compassionate and ethical.

But if you vote / support this particular bunch - then you have some serious issues.
    As someone who doesn't care for any political party, I'd still be interested in how you think this.