+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vote of Cofidence in Boris Johnson tonight

Re: Vote of Cofidence in Boris Johnson tinight

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Clearly, today’s briefing to loyal MPs and the people they get to ring phone ins from no.10 is that Johnson gets the “big calls” right

They must be desperate, things must be worse than what most people think (I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t win) because what makes them think that’s going to be believed? Some women was on the phone in I was listening to just now saying Johnson was telling the world Putin was going to invade Ukraine before he did so. From memory, Biden, Macron and maybe Merkel before she went was saying the same and I know for a fact that the three of us who do Last of the Summer Wine impersonations when we meet up in the afternoon while walking our dogs were agreed back in November or December that the Russians were going to go in.

It was so telling to hear the boos for Johnson as he arrived for that Jubilee ceremony with his wife - when ardent royalists start booing a Conservative Prime Minister, you know they’ve got a problem.
    I hope johnson loses today and gets booted out. But Merkel and that idiot macron were certainly not warning the word of the putin danger. They are 2 of his biggest enablers. The Eastern European countries, Poland especially have shown massive guts in opposing Russia, as have Biden and the UK.

Sunak might have been in the running but he's got money coming out of his arse then has the cheek not to give those on universal credit an extra 20 quid ?

Typical tory

Do as I say , not as I do

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Sunak might have been in the running but he's got money coming out of his arse then has the cheek not to give those on universal credit an extra 20 quid ?

Typical tory

Do as I say , not as I do
    Sunak is a busted flush I think.

It need someone respected in all parts of the Party, which gets me leaning more and more towards Ben Wallace who apparently is well thought of by all sides amongst Tory MP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

It need someone respected in all parts of the Party, which gets me leaning more and more towards Ben Wallace who apparently is well thought of by all sides amongst Tory MP's.
    I hope it is Sunak

There’s not a politician out the that I would trust (my first ever political post on the board)

Best result for us on the left would be for the piglet to win a slim majority and stay in post. It would reach a very happy conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I hope johnson loses today and gets booted out. But Merkel and that idiot macron were certainly not warning the word of the putin danger. They are 2 of his biggest enablers. The Eastern European countries, Poland especially have shown massive guts in opposing Russia, as have Biden and the UK.
    There was three or four months, possibly longer, of speculation before Russia invaded and I can’t remember any leader of a western democracy who was saying there was no way it was going to happen - to make out that Johnson was some sort of lone visionary who could see what others couldn’t like the lady I mentioned was trying to do is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There was three or four months, possibly longer, of speculation before Russia invaded and I can’t remember any leader of a western democracy who was saying there was no way it was going to happen - to make out that Johnson was some sort of lone visionary who could see what others couldn’t like the lady I mentioned was trying to do is absurd.
    Yeah totally, he certainly wasn't alone. He also didn't really have to pull parliament or the UK along with him as there was a widespread feeling of condemnation towards the Russian buildup. Just wanted to point out that Merkel and macron have been among the biggest enablers rather than opposers of putin.

Jenni Russell,Times Columnist just said on LBC that she knows of a couple of Cabinet Ministers who have professed loyalty to Boris Johnson but have no intention of voting for him

Andrew Marr on LBC has also just suggested Ben Wallace if Boris falls

How many will vote against him tonight?

I'll go for 100-110

I see the Boris apologists in the Tory Party, not on this board, don't fancy their chances in a general election without Boris. They are showing a lack of faith in their or their parties ability to win the next general election.

I don't know if there's any record of the stats, but I'd have thought that as soon as a PM has to face a vote of no confidence, then their days are numbered. In the deepest of ironies, it was probably Covid that did for him. Without it, we'd have had three or more years of Boris just doing what he does, and all that money could have been spent on the sort of things that bring in votes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    How many will vote against him tonight?

I'll go for 100-110
    120-130

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    120-130
    145- 50

145- 50
    That sort of outcome would see some PMs deciding the game was up, but it could get to 179 and Johnson would stay on - my guess is about 120 will vote against him.

Re: Vote of Cofidence in Boris Johnson tonight

I reckon about 65 against.

If its 3 figures hes toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I reckon about 65 against.

If its 3 figures hes toast.
    It'll be much more than 65 Shirley.

148 against!!!!!! Why are the daft Tory tw@ts cheering and banging their desks.

Love to see how that Dorries clown explains that she reckoned it was more or less remainers.😂😂😂😂

145- 50
    good call

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    148 against!!!!!! Why are the daft Tory tw@ts cheering and banging their desks.

Love to see how that Dorries clown explains that she reckoned it was more or less remainers.😂😂😂😂
    If any of Boris's supporters claim this as an endorsement of his leadership they need their head examined.

Zahawi thinks it’s a handsome win. That shows what loons are running the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Zahawi thinks it’s a handsome win. That shows what loons are running the country.
    Johnson is biltong. Dead meat hanging out to dry.

If the 148 vote with the opposition then this government's legislative agenda is dead in the water.