+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Vote of Cofidence in Boris Johnson tonight

Re: Vote of Cofidence in Boris Johnson tonight

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    As someone who doesn't care for any political party, I'd still be interested in how you think this.
    I don't belong to any political party either, A Quiet Monkfish.

Why do I think this Tory cabinet are ripping the heart out of the country?

Whether you voted leave or remain, Johnson and his team have messed up BREXIT - we have a much worse deal that what May had negotiated and peace in NI is now on the line as the EU has implemented the agreement that was made and Westminister wither didn't realise what the deal was or negotiated in bad faith with no intention of fulfilling it. There are a ton of BREXIT related disadvantages from lack of workers, limited movement and terrible trade terms.

Ultra British nationalism resulting in increased racism and xenophobia

Levelling up - but only to Tory seats

Extreme corruption - from the 36Bn contracts for T&T to Tory donors to fast-track PPE to family and friends.

Johnson appointing family members and the son of a Russian spy into the HoL

Johnson failing to release reports that show him in a bad light - everything is redacted - from the racism report, Sue Grey report to the Russia report - he sits on things, deflects and blusters his way through

Priti Patel - found GUILTY of bullying three times (tax payers had to pay out) and still getting promoted

The Rwanda deal - just awful, appalling - I live next door to Rwanda and been many times - its a horrible regime with an appalling human right records - a record that even last year the UK government said was awful.. and now we are sending desperate people there - illegally under international law

Making noisy protests illegal... jeez.

The general lies and criminality of the PM and his cronies

I could go on and on... including 12 years of austerity which has plummeted people into poverty and increased homelessness significantly.

As much as this may seem like Tory Bashing - it's actually not... Rory Stewart, as I mentioned, would not have done any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No they are not. Just because they preferred someone else at the time doesn't mean they had no confidence in him to lead.
    when Johnson became leader he won with 66% of the vote, which is more than the 59% of the vote that voted for him last evening.

I did qualify it by saying the votes were on different subject matters, and the implication was that you shouldn't really draw parallels between the two votes (as some Tories are trying to do today).

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I don't belong to any political party either, A Quiet Monkfish.

Why do I think this Tory cabinet are ripping the heart out of the country?

Whether you voted leave or remain, Johnson and his team have messed up BREXIT - we have a much worse deal that what May had negotiated and peace in NI is now on the line as the EU has implemented the agreement that was made and Westminister wither didn't realise what the deal was or negotiated in bad faith with no intention of fulfilling it. There are a ton of BREXIT related disadvantages from lack of workers, limited movement and terrible trade terms.

Ultra British nationalism resulting in increased racism and xenophobia

Levelling up - but only to Tory seats

Extreme corruption - from the 36Bn contracts for T&T to Tory donors to fast-track PPE to family and friends.

Johnson appointing family members and the son of a Russian spy into the HoL

Johnson failing to release reports that show him in a bad light - everything is redacted - from the racism report, Sue Grey report to the Russia report - he sits on things, deflects and blusters his way through

Priti Patel - found GUILTY of bullying three times (tax payers had to pay out) and still getting promoted

The Rwanda deal - just awful, appalling - I live next door to Rwanda and been many times - its a horrible regime with an appalling human right records - a record that even last year the UK government said was awful.. and now we are sending desperate people there - illegally under international law

Making noisy protests illegal... jeez.

The general lies and criminality of the PM and his cronies

I could go on and on... including 12 years of austerity which has plummeted people into poverty and increased homelessness significantly.

As much as this may seem like Tory Bashing - it's actually not... Rory Stewart, as I mentioned, would not have done any of that.
    Fair enough, agree with 75% of that.

Worth watching this video doing the rounds:
    https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status...adIiM-6orATjqA

People voted Tory for him

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Gawd it's so depressing.

I don't care whether you're a Tory or not, but even the right learning among us must see the utter incompetence, hypocrisy, dishonesty, arrogance and thievery of this particular bunch of Tories.

I can't see ONE single competent Tory cabinet minister - convicted criminals and bullies and really, really thick.

Someone said to me today that at least he will lose the next election - that's TWO years away, the country can't withstand this level of stupidity and nonsense for another two weeks, let alone two years.

I really dislike Starmers Labour, but for feck sake man, get a coalition together and get rid of these people who are ripping the heart of the country.

Truth is there are/were some decent Tories, like Rory Stewart, and although I fundamentally disagreed with his politics, he was at least smart, intelligent, compassionate and ethical.

But if you vote / support this particular bunch - then you have some serious issues.
    Rory Stewart seems like one of the more reasonable Tories, on the face of it, I'd certainly prefer him to any if the right of the party that currently hold sway.
    he does come across as ethical, at least in comparison to serial liar Boris Johnson, but then you remember that he worked for years for MI6 in Afghanistan doing deals with local warlords etc

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Worth watching this video doing the rounds:
    https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status...adIiM-6orATjqA

People voted Tory for him
    Yeah, but he’s a laugh and he gets the big call right.