I'd said 120 would vote against him after a day when my estimation of the number involved went higher and higher. There were so many pundits and political correspondents giving their opinion on the size of the revolt, but I didn't believe the one who said that the figure could be as high as between 140 and 150 which would be at the very top end of a poor outcome for the PM - in some ballots a 59/41 ballot win is "comfortable" like Johnson's allies were calling it, but the precedents in Conservative Party votes of confidence in their leader shows that this is an outcome they should be very concerned about and I'm sure they are.

Johnson has this reputation of being a great electoral campaigner who hoovers up vote for his party, but so did Tony Blair once upon a time and yet twenty years or so after the event which changed how he was viewed by the public, he is still toxic when it comes to being a vote winner. It's beginning to look as if Johnson has gone the same way - I never thought I'd ever see a Conservative PM being booed by a bunch of ardent Royalists in my life, but it happened and I think it was a very significant indicator of where the country is today.