Wales 23 man squad

X spots available

14 shoo-ins

Hennessy Ward

Roberts Ampadu Rodon Davies Williams

Allen Ramsey James Bale Johnson Moore Wilson

7 certs from Page’s squads

Adam Davies, Mepham, Norrington-Davies Gunter JonnyWilliams Morrall Thomas

Only leaves 2 spots free (subject to injury) - they’ll be lot trying to prove themselves over the next 5 months

Matondo Burns Levitt Colwill Harris Smith Roberts Broadnead Brooks Cabango Lawrence

Re: Wales 23 man squad

I would hope Brooks is able to prove his fitness and make the squad. I would go with either Levitt or Cabango for the other place.

Chris Gunter and Jonny Williams really shouldn't make the squad if everyone is fit and available.

It was a 26 man squad at the last Euros, due to covid though, but wouldn’t be surprised if they kept it that size.

I would not be taking Jonny Williams or Chris Gunter.
    any of the other players you mentioned over those two.

injuries will obviously play a part though.
    the month or so of the season before the world cup there will be a lot of half assed challenges from players who might be going

There’s bound to be two or three injuries and loss of form on some players part, so I’d say more than a couple of those eleven possibles Des lists will get in - Brooks has to be picked as long as he is able to prove he has fully recovered from his illness and I’d say Tyler Roberts will probably get in.

I think Gunter & Jonny Williams are guaranteed, can’t see Page dropping them now, they’re part of the infrastructure

The last squad looked short of a centre half for me. So I'd take Cabango /Lockyer / James Laurence.

Other than that the squad largely picks itself. I too wouldn't be taking Jonny or Gunts as squad players. I'm sure they could go maybe as part of the wider staff if people wanted them there for moral / experience.

I'd definitely take Levitt as he's had a cracking season.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I think Gunter & Jonny Williams are guaranteed, can’t see Page dropping them now, they’re part of the infrastructure
    Agreed. I don't think he rates Cabango either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I would not be taking Jonny Williams or Chris Gunter.
    any of the other players you mentioned over those two.
    I do agree with you but on the showing against Poland I thought both had surprisingly decent outings.

I’m generally one for merit when it comes to these things but squad cohesiveness must be so important in international football, and nostalgia aside, those pair must add something outside of their football abilities that Page and the players must value.

Brooks and Levitt would give us cover in the positions we look light as we need 2 for each position. Anyone else would need someone to get injured

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Yep, Page needs somebody to keep him company during the evenings

Increased to 26 now. I think Colwill will be a certainty unless he's injured.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Increased to 26 now. I think Colwill will be a certainty unless he's injured.
    it could be 36 and I still wouldn't take Jonny Williams

Chris Gunter needs a club.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Gunter and Joniesta could have no legs and they'd still be in the squad in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    probably looking at league 2 for that? league 2 players should not be playing at the world cup

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    It was a 26 man squad at the last Euros, due to covid though, but wouldn’t be surprised if they kept it that size.
    Yes it's been confirmed, it will be 26-man squads at the WC.