Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
I agree with him. Bale is still a world class football player. His talent deserves better than this team and this level.

With regards what is good for our club, maybe the extra 40k a week would be better spent on signing three or four youngsters we will be at the club for the next 5 seasons.
Bale has showcased his talents at the highest level for goodness knows how many years now. There's nothing he needs to prove at club level anymore, he's got the t-shirt 'n all!
His focus now is getting as close to match-fit for the World Cup as possible, but not by overburdening himself with the expectations that would come if he perhaps went to a Premier League club or similar. As Welsh fans, we would accept such an arrangement, I don't think supporters of other clubs would allow Bale to use their club as a vehicle in such a way.
Nine years abroad - I think in the twilight of his career he has come to cherish the home comforts of being surrounded by friends and family whenever he's back to play for Wales. The City training ground just down the road from his house... it's all starting to make sense.