+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dalman flies in to UK to lead Bale negotiations……………

Re: Dalman flies in to UK to lead Bale negotiations……………

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Bale agent: Hi there club that lingered just above the relegation zone to League one, would you like to sign 5 times Champions League winner, transfer record breaking, greatest Welsh player of all time that will guarantee you a higher income for a fraction of the price that he was paid just a month earlier in probably the greatest football PR stunt in a significant time. Only hiccup is that you only get him for 5-6 months.

Cardiff: um, nah but thanks for the offer. We need a year and we’ve got James Collins
    Absolutely right of course, the club wouldn't turn it down and us as fans would be over the moon.

I would like to think professionally he wouldn't want to just leave mid season but if that's it then so be it, I'd be amazed at just that. Club needs a lift.

Id want this sorted soon though, either it's legit possible or it would be great for him to come out and dismiss it if not, don't want it rumbling on all summer.

Fully expect the latter and he ends up at Newcastle or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Nope. Getting worse, old fruit. Just let it go
    No probs. Still at least I know the bar where a pun review kicks in for future reference!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    He’s still capable of playing alongside better players in the PL. if he wanted to stay close to his family he wouldn’t have gone to Spain. He should stay at the top level- better for him, better for his country.
    He won’t get games though, no point warming the bench

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This is all too much. I'm going to be gutted if we don't sign Bale, and then Ramsey as well... God!

The whole vibe of our transfer policy this summer has been about bargains, some Championship experience and up and coming types and now we're supposedly in for Ramsey and Bale. It's ludicrous and completely in keeping with the way we operate. After these two I expect our next signing to be the ghost of a 19th century Amish woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    The whole vibe of our transfer policy this summer has been about bargains, some Championship experience and up and coming types and now we're supposedly in for Ramsey and Bale. It's ludicrous and completely in keeping with the way we operate. After these two I expect our next signing to be the ghost of a 19th century Amish woman.
    You wouldnt class signing Bale and Ramsey within our wage structure as bargains.?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    You wouldnt class signing Bale and Ramsey within our wage structure as bargains.?
    Well, yes and bless them both if they were to do that but it's the signing within our wage structure I'm doubtful about.

Whether there's any truth or substance in the Bale and Ramsey stories or not, I do find it amusing that articles appear in mainstream media such as the Daily Record, but just link back to a story elsewhere on the Web that could have been written by any Dic, Sion or Daffydd. Some other then even then write their own story, publishing it on their own site based on one of the articles just adding to the rumours, that make it appear more credible.

If they're signing for us, they'll be signing for peanuts. They wouldn't join us for the money. They would be incredible signings that nobody else in the division could even think about pulling off.

Well, yes and bless them both if they were to do that but it's the signing within our wage structure I'm doubtful about.
    Bale signing for expenses, Ł750 / day plus green fees

They could both earn at least 5 times what we could offer them. If they do end up coming, it won't be for the money!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If they're signing for us, they'll be signing for peanuts. They wouldn't join us for the money. They would be incredible signings that nobody else in the division could even think about pulling off.
    It would be amazing, but would at least Ramsey not look to earn a better crust elsewhere?

It would be amazing, but would at least Ramsey not look to earn a better crust elsewhere?
    Probably but he's got to play games and be managed. We're also speculating if it would be a good signing. It would be an incredible signing.

Bale (let alone Ramsey again) would be fantastic for all the obvious marquee signing benefits. If there’s even a grain of truth in this speculation we shouldn’t be building anything around both, they’ll obviously be there for quite unique and personal (or selfish, if you’re more cynically minded) reasons for the very short term and will not be playing consistently.

I’m basing this on the make up of the Wales setup over the last couple of qualification cycles, but you’d feel they could potentially be a better fit for a squad that is trying to move to a blend of home grown talent, players beginning their careers, and potentially some interested loanees, rather than an ageing squad filled with journeymen.

If it can be made to work with an offer that won’t sink us then both parties can hopefully scratch each other’s backs. It would be quite the picture to see him run out for the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Probably but he's got to play games and be managed. We're also speculating if it would be a good signing. It would be an incredible signing.
    Indeed. My point was it would be insane and thus quite standard for this lunatic club.

He’s still capable of playing alongside better players in the PL. if he wanted to stay close to his family he wouldn’t have gone to Spain. He should stay at the top level- better for him, better for his country.
    Ivorjackcunt.
    He went to Spain about nine years ago whilst in his prime to earn big money.
    I'm sure his outlook in 2022 is not the same.
    Nevermind i can see why you wouldn't like him signing for Cardiff imagine the publicity

Got any pics of the Amish woman?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    No probs. Still at least I know the bar where a pun review kicks in for future reference!
    I'll have a pint with you in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    kellymcgillis.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Too Mennonite? She should be so lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Too Mennonite? She should be so lucky.
    Kylie was Amish?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Bad for your club though I guess Jacko
    I agree with him. Bale is still a world class football player. His talent deserves better than this team and this level.

With regards what is good for our club, maybe the extra 40k a week would be better spent on signing three or four youngsters we will be at the club for the next 5 seasons.

Watched the Welsh Match of the Day programme and there was a general agreement among those asked (Tony Pulis, Joe Ledley, Ashley Williams and Nia Jones) that the Championship was a very demanding league that Bale should probably avoid - they thought he was still good enough for the Premier League.