+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dalman flies in to UK to lead Bale negotiations……………

Re: Dalman flies in to UK to lead Bale negotiations……………

One thing's for sure, he won't be chasing down the ball the way Bellamy was.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Bales only 32. Is his body that bad that he wants to retire.? Dont get it.
    I think he’s got all the money he needs and he’s lost the love of the club game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Bales only 32. Is his body that bad that he wants to retire.? Dont get it.
    He’s mentioned a back problem in several interviews recently. Maybe that’s the main issue and stops him getting fully fit.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    If he signs a 3 month deal until November it'll be the biggest sign yet that he's done now and just hanging on for a WC. Would like to think we'd get at least a season out of him. I can see it happening on a very modest wage as the less we pay him the more he can just pick and choose when he plays. He's not exactly going to be playing at Kenilworth Road a week before the World Cup so just let him play home games and the occasional away.

There's that much talk about him playing at a WC and staying fit for it that it feels inevitable he will get injured ahead of it.
    Bale at Kenilworth Road, it sounds so wrong

Am I the only one who doesn't really want Bale and Ramsey here? Two injury prone players who spend more time off the field than on it.......i

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't really want Bale and Ramsey here? Two injury prone players who spend more time off the field than on it.......i
    I know, when we've got Max Watters and Will Vaulks as well, it's insane

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I know, when we've got Max Watters and Will Vaulks as well, it's insane

You're on a wind up, right?

not sure many football fans in our league would not really want Bale and Rambo joining them , Injury prone or not

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Bale has showcased his talents at the highest level for goodness knows how many years now. There's nothing he needs to prove at club level anymore, he's got the t-shirt 'n all!

I think the current perspective outside Cardiff and Wales (and Bale) is that he WAS a great player but has, for whatever reason, wasted a significant proportion of his career (I don't think it is his fault). I think he could still prove a lot of haters and casual onlookers wrong were he to go to play in another champions league side or in a top European league.

I just think he could do his Wales stuff and play a significant role in a team like Bayern, or Liverpool or Inter Milan or someone like that. Maybe 20 or so games a season, but I'd like to see him ripping it up for a season or two in another league.

Yes, yes you are,

It's Rambo and Bale. I don't care whether or not they even play. Just to have them train with the team would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Kylie was Amish?
    You got the Mennonite pun, I hope....

You sure are.

Hahaha - no seriously , hahaha

I take it you’d rather watch the signings we’ve just made like the lad from league 10 or the one from league two or the one from the bottom half of Bundesliga 2?

Who cares if it’s just for 5 minutes, you seriously do not want to see Gareth Bale in a Cardiff city shirt?

I despair of some of the comments I’ve read on here about his ( and Ramsey’s ) potential signing , it would be amazing to see both in our team, even if it doesn’t work out or is only short term

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Pay as you play contract
    The ccmb special.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    It seems that Ollie Tanner is a similar style of player. Maybe he covers for Bale. Works well in that Tanner will also need to acclimatize to the Championship. He would also be learning from the master.
    👀

You definitely are...we signed Ramsey on loan when he was more or less convalescing from a potential career ending injury, he sent Angel Rangel on a bus trip to the Gower while setting up the winner at the Liberty. We had Bellamy, knees shot to bits, never qualified for a major tournament yet lifted the whole place. We signed Ivor and the Charles brothers years after they appeared in our only World Cup, they were welcomed with open arms. Yet you’re indifferent to signing two of our country’s star players who are actually preparing to play in a World Cup, it’d be a hell of a coup for our club.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You definitely are...we signed Ramsey on loan when he was more or less convalescing from a potential career ending injury, he sent Angel Rangel on a bus trip to the Gower while setting up the winner at the Liberty. We had Bellamy, knees shot to bits, never qualified for a major tournament yet lifted the whole place. We signed Ivor and the Charles brothers years after they appeared in our only World Cup, they were welcomed with open arms. Yet you’re indifferent to signing two of our country’s star players who are actually preparing to play in a World Cup, it’d be a hell of a coup for our club.
    How many years ago did Ramsey come back on loan?? Both he and Bale are too injury prone these days. Allchurch and the Charles brothers weren't...and I am old enough to have seen them make their debuts for City..... anyway....it isn't going to happen...

How many years ago did Ramsey come back on loan?? Both he and Bale are too injury prone these days. Allchurch and the Charles brothers weren't...and I am old enough to have seen them make their debuts for City..... anyway....it isn't going to happen...
    As I mentioned Ramsey came back on loan after an injury that potentially left his career in the balance, no matter how many years ago or what age he was has nothing to do with it. Arsenal used us to see if he was still up to it and we welcomed him. Ivor was a year older than Bale is now, on average Ivor played 36 senior games per season in his career, Bale has managed 34 on average, bugger all between them really, so the ‘injury prone’ argument doesn’t really stand up.

I saw Ivor’s debut against Newcastle and the Charles’ brothers later debuts, very excited by them (not so much Mel) and it’s fantastic all these years later to have the same, if not more, potential excitement. It’s what football’s all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You got the Mennonite pun, I hope....
    Mennonite/Men a night. Bien sur!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Mennonite/Men a night. Bien sur!

Getafe’s President has said he spoke to Bale’s people this morning and they’ve offered him to Getafe. This is what happens when Mehmet gets involved

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Getafe’s President has said he spoke to Bale’s people this morning and they’ve offered him to Getafe. This is what happens when Mehmet gets involved
    makes sense tbh he's lived in madrid for 9 years is it? wouldn't need to move house or anything for Getafe

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Getafe wasn't even listed in the betting this morning when I first looked. Now they're 3rd favourites at 5/1