+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dalman flies in to UK to lead Bale negotiations……………

Dalman flies in to UK to lead Bale negotiations……………

Re: Dalman flies in to UK to lead Bale negotiations……………

He'll end up joining Swansea if that's the case

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He'll end up joining Swansea if that's the case

How do they know he's flying in for that? He might be here for the takeover or a backgammon tournament.

Very little substance in that article. It used to be the BBC transfer stories were quite accurate, is it now becoming just another rumour mill?

This would be one of the most stunning transfers in British football right? I wont believe it until it happens, and I still suspect it won't but it's incredible. Financially I think realistically he could put 5,000 on the gate, thats perhaps Ł100,000 a fortnight. Then City could probably pay him Ł40,000 a week as it is. It will take a huge paycut but he will still pretty much be the highest paid man in the city he was born in, and in the right place to spearhead the World Cup preparations etc, which perhaps he sees as the culmination of his career?

I can see a contract until the new year and then various clauses depending on league position etc, but I think winning last night makes it all the more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    How do they know he's flying in for that? He might be here for the takeover or a backgammon tournament.
    Or to appear in the signing media opportunity?

based on nothing at all, I can't see it happening.
    he will have far better offers than we are able to

The article has been written by Rob Phillips so maybe there is a bit of substance to it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The article has been written by Rob Phillips so maybe there is a bit of substance to it?
    Just what I was thinking.

The biggest problem we have is it is not like he is joining a strong championship team, With Bellamy we had a good squad around him to provide chances. Will Bale enjoy playing in a dogged championship team or playing under the Steve Morrison

If he had any sense he’d join a Premier League club , maybe one that had a realistic chance of playing in one of the two European competitions. He won’t get that next to ASDA.

If he does sign, there won't be a shortage of top quality loanees wanting the opportunity to play alongside one of the game's greats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    If he had any sense he’d join a Premier League club , maybe one that had a realistic chance of playing in one of the two European competitions. He won’t get that next to ASDA.
    He’s not guaranteed game time at a premier league club though. He’s guaranteed to play when he wants at City, loves the stadium, family close by. Makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    All Bale is interested in is preparing over the next few months so he can be as good as he can be at the World Cup, which is fair enough.

Quite rightly, no Prem club would give him the flexibility that we would.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    This would be one of the most stunning transfers in British football right? I wont believe it until it happens, and I still suspect it won't but it's incredible. Financially I think realistically he could put 5,000 on the gate, thats perhaps Ł100,000 a fortnight. Then City could probably pay him Ł40,000 a week as it is. It will take a huge paycut but he will still pretty much be the highest paid man in the city he was born in, and in the right place to spearhead the World Cup preparations etc, which perhaps he sees as the culmination of his career?

I can see a contract until the new year and then various clauses depending on league position etc, but I think winning last night makes it all the more likely.
    I'd be surprised if the financials hadn't been discussed - even in broad terms. I would have thought City would only be interested in a season-long commitment as opposed to just a fitness exercise in readiness for Qatar.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just what I was thinking.
    Phillips doesn't write many articles. As BBC Wales' chief football correspondent he'd look very foolish putting his name to something that wasn't, to his best knowledge at least, true. If he says Dalman is going to open negotiations with him then I would expect that to be the case. There's little else in the article of substance, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    He’s not guaranteed game time at a premier league club though. He’s guaranteed to play when he wants at City, loves the stadium, family close by. Makes sense
    Does it?

I think it’s one of the silliest moves ever

Getting hacked down in the second tier

If it comes off I don’t think I’ll sleep for a week

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Does it?

I think it’s one of the silliest moves ever

Getting hacked down in the second tier

If it comes off I don’t think I’ll sleep for a week
    It’s not like the 70s anymore, how many hacking style tackles do we see anymore? He’ll be fin, someone with his talent and time on the ball would be priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'd be surprised if the financials hadn't been discussed - even in broad terms. I would have thought City would only be interested in a season-long commitment as opposed to just a fitness exercise in readiness for Qatar.
    I agree, i just wonder if there may be some kind of get out clause that if City aren't in the top half of the table by Feb or something then he is free to go to MLS?

And if City aren't in the top half of the table by mid Feb it should be said that it's probably only MLS that would have him.

im not one for believing rumours but its not like the BBC to go that tabloid
    makes me think this one could happen. Arguably he's the highest level player we've ever had who puts Wales before anything else so it could make sense.
    Just hope that if it happens, it's for a season, as otherwise we'll build a team around it happening and then fall apart in January.

It’s not like the 70s anymore, how many hacking style tackles do we see anymore? He’ll be FIN, someone with his talent and time on the ball would be priceless.
    He’ll do swimmingly

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He’ll do swimmingly
    🤣🤣🤣

This is the way I see it 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    im not one for believing rumours but its not like the BBC to go that tabloid
    makes me think this one could happen. Arguably he's the highest level player we've ever had who puts Wales before anything else so it could make sense.
    Just hope that if it happens, it's for a season, as otherwise we'll build a team around it happening and then fall apart in January.
    Yeah but can he perform at Stoke on a wet autumn Tuesday night?