+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dalman flies in to UK to lead Bale negotiations……………

Re: Dalman flies in to UK to lead Bale negotiations……………

Paul Abbandonato is usually Dalman's mouthpiece at WalesOnline, but at the moment it looks like they've just got an article by Glen Williams rehashing the BBC report.

[QUOTE=cyril evans awaydays;5307520]Yeah but can he perform at Stoke on a wet autumn Tuesday night?

If he signs it will please Jamilu Collins

https://twitter.com/cardiffcityfc/st...j_EQPca5QBb2kw

Bale’s prime motivation is to get match fit by the time of the World Cup. To that end I doubt the difference in quality of football between the Premier League or Championship would make much difference and the Championship would also likely offer him game time more reliably. A 6/12 month contract with Cardiff would make sense given the training facility and club are close to his home.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I agree, i just wonder if there may be some kind of get out clause that if City aren't in the top half of the table by Feb or something then he is free to go to MLS?

And if City aren't in the top half of the table by mid Feb it should be said that it's probably only MLS that would have him.
    All Bales's body language is that he is committed to a last hurrah in Qatar. The idea that City would pull the plug on his signing if he didn't commit for a season is laughable. This is a short term win-win for club, country and the player.

What Ramsey does is a more interesting question. He was almost as far off the pace last night as Joe Allen and needs a team where he can be nurtured to Qatar.

Whether that is in the best interests of City's 22/23 season is a different question.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    All Bales's body language is that he is committed to a last hurrah in Qatar. The idea that City would pull the plug on his signing if he didn't commit for a season is laughable. This is a short term win-win for club, country and the player.

What Ramsey does is a more interesting question. He was almost as far off the pace last night as Joe Allen and needs a team where he can be nurtured to Qatar.

Whether that is in the best interests of City's 22/23 season is a different question.
    As a strapline, it's up there with 'The Rumble in The Jungle'.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    As a strapline, it's up there with 'The Rumble in The Jungle'.
    Baley Bomaye

Baley Bomaye
    You should have quit while you were ahead

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    It’s not like the 70s anymore, how many hacking style tackles do we see anymore? He’ll be fin, someone with his talent and time on the ball would be priceless.
    It only takes one and not necessarily a hacked tackle. Championship defenders not at the same level as premier league, just a mistimed tackle. I take a fit Bale for a WC over playing for City for 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    It only takes one and not necessarily a hacked tackle. Championship defenders not at the same level as premier league, just a mistimed tackle. I take a fit Bale for a WC over playing for City for 3 months
    That’s a risk playing football in general. Championship defenders won’t get close enough to a fit Bale to touch him

Dalaman Airport ?? how the fook can it fly in ??

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You should have quit while you were ahead
    Rambo in the Jungle!

Back in the game?

Rambo in the Jungle!

Back in the game?
    is there a jungle in Qatar?

Would be great for marketing if it happens, but I seriously doubt he would contribute more than 10 games. He wants to get to the World Cup in one piece. MAYBE THEN, he'd be willing to put his body on the line to save us from relegation after christmas.

Yeah but can he perform at Stoke on a wet autumn Tuesday night?
    The fixture list is already out?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    is there a jungle in Qatar?
    I'm treading water here mate and you're on the Persian Gulf holding the rubber rings!

So is this what Morrison was excited about?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    So is this what Morrison was excited about?
    I think you'll find Morison was buzzing.

He’s still capable of playing alongside better players in the PL. if he wanted to stay close to his family he wouldn’t have gone to Spain. He should stay at the top level- better for him, better for his country.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    He’s still capable of playing alongside better players in the PL. if he wanted to stay close to his family he wouldn’t have gone to Spain. He should stay at the top level- better for him, better for his country.
    Bad for your club though I guess Jacko

Bad for your club though I guess Jacko
    I thought that as well....

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I thought that as well....
    think you will find his family live in cardiff and surrounding area jacko but i bet spain was a blast

Quote Originally Posted by driver blue View Post
    think you will find his family live in cardiff and surrounding area jacko but i bet spain was a blast
    Might live in Cardiff but whenever the Jacks are mentioned he calls them the Swans. Usually chips in with something negative about the City. The kind of guy you would love to play poker with!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I would have thought City would only be interested in a season-long commitment as opposed to just a fitness exercise in readiness for Qatar.
    Bale agent: Hi there club that lingered just above the relegation zone to League one, would you like to sign 5 times Champions League winner, transfer record breaking, greatest Welsh player of all time that will guarantee you a higher income for a fraction of the price that he was paid just a month earlier in probably the greatest football PR stunt in a significant time. Only hiccup is that you only get him for 5-6 months.

Cardiff: um, nah but thanks for the offer. We need a year and we’ve got James Collins

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Bale agent: Hi there club that lingered just above the relegation zone to League one, would you like to sign 5 times Champions League winner, transfer record breaking, greatest Welsh player of all time that will guarantee you a higher income for a fraction of the price that he was paid just a month earlier in probably the greatest football PR stunt in a significant time. Only hiccup is that you only get him for 5-6 months.

Cardiff: um, nah but thanks for the offer. We need a year and we’ve got James Collins
    It’s amazing how many people on here and the dark side who know exactly what’s going on in the Club. Wish I could get the winning lottery numbers from these boards

Rambo in the Jungle!

Back in the game?
    Nope. Getting worse, old fruit. Just let it go