+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dalman flies in to UK to lead Bale negotiations……………

Re: Dalman flies in to UK to lead Bale negotiations……………

I think he comes here and ends up playing just a handful of games before the World Cup break in November and that's it.

He'll miss games because of niggling injuries. He won't have enough time to make a big impact on the pitch/season. But he'll make a bigger impact off the pitch and if it's at a reasonable cost, let's do it mun!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Watched the Welsh Match of the Day programme and there was a general agreement among those asked (Tony Pulis, Joe Ledley, Ashley Williams and Nia Jones) that the Championship was a very demanding league that Bale should probably avoid - they thought he was still good enough for the Premier League.
    If we’re being completely honest he’s not good enough to have a starting place in most Premiership teams anymore. He pulls out magic moments but apart from the free kick he was a passenger on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I agree with him. Bale is still a world class football player. His talent deserves better than this team and this level.

With regards what is good for our club, maybe the extra 40k a week would be better spent on signing three or four youngsters we will be at the club for the next 5 seasons.
    Bale has showcased his talents at the highest level for goodness knows how many years now. There's nothing he needs to prove at club level anymore, he's got the t-shirt 'n all!
    His focus now is getting as close to match-fit for the World Cup as possible, but not by overburdening himself with the expectations that would come if he perhaps went to a Premier League club or similar. As Welsh fans, we would accept such an arrangement, I don't think supporters of other clubs would allow Bale to use their club as a vehicle in such a way.
    Nine years abroad - I think in the twilight of his career he has come to cherish the home comforts of being surrounded by friends and family whenever he's back to play for Wales. The City training ground just down the road from his house... it's all starting to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    If we’re being completely honest he’s not good enough to have a starting place in most Premiership teams anymore. He pulls out magic moments but apart from the free kick he was a passenger on Sunday.
    Brutally honest, but true!

However, he's hardly played any football for his club in the last season, he clearly lacks fitness. If he can get back to 80% of his former self fitness-wise, you would still have one helluva player!

Watched the Welsh Match of the Day programme and there was a general agreement among those asked (Tony Pulis, Joe Ledley, Ashley Williams and Nia Jones) that the Championship was a very demanding league that Bale should probably avoid - they thought he was still good enough for the Premier League.
    Thought they were spot on.
    If he came here then the focus would be entirely on him. In a PL squad he'd be more of an equal member and I think his playing time and fitness would be better managed.
    Here there'd be an expectation for him to play every game, then as soon as he gets injured parts of the fan base would be straight onto the management for playing him too much.
    If the priority is getting him as match ready as possible for the World Cup, then we may not be the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Yes, but in his previous game at the ground a few months earlier, he was the difference between the teams and scored two spectacular goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Brutally honest, but true!

However, he's hardly played any football for his club in the last season, he clearly lacks fitness. If he can get back to 80% of his former self fitness-wise, you would still have one helluva player!
    Oh yeah, and please don’t think I wouldn’t take him at Cardiff. I’d walk to Madrid, and carry him on my back if it meant he’d join City.

The best Welsh player that’s ever lived. ❤️

Yes, but in his previous game at the ground a few months earlier, he was the difference between the teams and scored two spectacular goals.
    He did but in an established Prem side the fans and manager wouldn’t have the patience to put up with the inactivity whilst waiting for those magic moments. He has earned that respect at Wales and rightly so, and the City fans would allow him that breathing space too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Thought they were spot on.
    If he came here then the focus would be entirely on him. In a PL squad he'd be more of an equal member and I think his playing time and fitness would be better managed.
    Here there'd be an expectation for him to play every game, then as soon as he gets injured parts of the fan base would be straight onto the management for playing him too much.
    If the priority is getting him as match ready as possible for the World Cup, then we may not be the best option.
    Unless the arrangement is for him to play as much as he wants?

International

Ashley Williams hates the thought of it, Ledley desperately wants him but did feel he could play at a higher level still. I think we will be his best option and most accomodating, it would be best for Bale himself, Wales and Cardiff. My only concern is how we go from Bale for 60 mins on a Saturday, then a completely different team with a different focus on Tuesday night, would it unsettle the team?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Ashley Williams hates the thought of it, Ledley desperately wants him but did feel he could play at a higher level still. I think we will be his best option and most accomodating, it would be best for Bale himself, Wales and Cardiff. My only concern is how we go from Bale for 60 mins on a Saturday, then a completely different team with a different focus on Tuesday night, would it unsettle the team?
    Let’s worry about the Tuesday night games after we sign him

It’s like as if someone has won a super car but thinking of handing it back because of worried about cleaning it

If Bale comes here, it's not for money. His agent has already stated his next move has nothing to do with money. Can he still play at the top level? Of course. But Bale is only looking for one thing for the next 6 months: somewhere to train every day and play the odd game. Where he'll be surrounded by family and able to run his businesses. And, yes, play a bit of golf. He won't get any of those things at a Spurs or a Newcastle.

Even if he came here and contributed **** all on the pitch, it'd be worth it for the financial boost of increased ticket sales, televised games etc.

And BTW I don't buy the whole "he'll be kicked all over the place" argument. There are plenty of butchers in the Spanish league, and the Championship is not the clogger league it was 10 years ago.

If he signs a 3 month deal until November it'll be the biggest sign yet that he's done now and just hanging on for a WC. Would like to think we'd get at least a season out of him. I can see it happening on a very modest wage as the less we pay him the more he can just pick and choose when he plays. He's not exactly going to be playing at Kenilworth Road a week before the World Cup so just let him play home games and the occasional away.

There's that much talk about him playing at a WC and staying fit for it that it feels inevitable he will get injured ahead of it.

International

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Let’s worry about the Tuesday night games after we sign him

It’s like as if someone has won a super car but thinking of handing it back because of worried about cleaning it
    true

International

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    If he signs a 3 month deal until November it'll be the biggest sign yet that he's done now and just hanging on for a WC. Would like to think we'd get at least a season out of him. I can see it happening on a very modest wage as the less we pay him the more he can just pick and choose when he plays. He's not exactly going to be playing at Kenilworth Road a week before the World Cup so just let him play home games and the occasional away.

There's that much talk about him playing at a WC and staying fit for it that it feels inevitable he will get injured ahead of it.
    That makes sense actually and could work, Bale at home the rest and a different style away

Hopefully not this bit though!

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post

Pay as you play contract

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Bale has showcased his talents at the highest level for goodness knows how many years now. There's nothing he needs to prove at club level anymore, he's got the t-shirt 'n all!
    His focus now is getting as close to match-fit for the World Cup as possible, but not by overburdening himself with the expectations that would come if he perhaps went to a Premier League club or similar. As Welsh fans, we would accept such an arrangement, I don't think supporters of other clubs would allow Bale to use their club as a vehicle in such a way.
    Nine years abroad - I think in the twilight of his career he has come to cherish the home comforts of being surrounded by friends and family whenever he's back to play for Wales. The City training ground just down the road from his house... it's all starting to make sense.
    Hear hear! I'd be over the moon if he comes to us. Let's not look a gift horse in the face!

International

I think if he is prepared to pay Ł20000 a week to use our splendid training facilities then we should let him play for the team occasionally.
    I'll get my coat!!

He’d be a massive asset, the talk of him being ruthlessly targeted in the Championship is ridiculous. Top players have always dealt with that problem, the Championship didn’t faze Harry Wilson or Brennan Johnson etc. In the past when top players needed to keep on earning due to wages being nowhere near today’s fortunes they very often dropped down the divisions in their later years. These were days when hatchet men defenders were about, the skilful players coped with no problem. I’d imagine Bale would be surprised at the Championship’s standard compared to the also ran teams of La Liga, the Championship is most probably superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Hear hear! I'd be over the moon if he comes to us. Let's not look a gift horse in the face!

Mouth even !

if Bale gave the city 60 minutes a week that would be enough. Opposition teams would have two men on him at all teams, giving us so much more space to play.

If he wants to come here, get match fit for the world cup, we'd be nuts not to make it happen. Bale is class and would inspire others around him to raise their game. Quality loan signings would become that little bit easier to secure.

Having Ramsey alongside him would be the cherry on top.

i still don't think he's coming. but...

the volume of games in the championship isn't ideal, but he would be able to pick and choose you'd have thought.

the championship isn't as physical as it used to be, and we are talking about Gareth Bale here, not some fancy Dan powderpuff winger, but someone who's physical attributes have been a huge part of his game. he might have lost a bit of the explosive pace (if he can get that back before the world cup then great) but he's still physically strong.

it seemed (plenty of guesswork here) that Morison was looking to assemble a side with a bit more bite without the ball, more intensive pressing etc on the face of it a 33 year old forward probably isn't who you'd want to be bringing in to go down that path ...but against Austria Wales pressed pretty effectively at times and Bale was definitely a part of that.

I'm not sure how Bale can simultaneously still be good enough for the Premier League and have to avoid the Championship because it's too demanding.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It seems that Ollie Tanner is a similar style of player. Maybe he covers for Bale. Works well in that Tanner will also need to acclimatize to the Championship. He would also be learning from the master.

Bales only 32. Is his body that bad that he wants to retire.? Dont get it.