+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dalman flies in to UK to lead Bale negotiations……………

Re: Dalman flies in to UK to lead Bale negotiations……………

I knew MD would **** it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Getafe’s President has said he spoke to Bale’s people this morning and they’ve offered him to Getafe. This is what happens when Mehmet gets involved
    Torino said the same https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/s...b5MqgTI1jSN-og

If he is being whored around Spanish clubs by his agents then we can at least put this nonsense to bed.

Makes sense for him really, doesn't even have to move for getafe.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    If he is being whored around Spanish clubs by his agents then we can at least put this nonsense to bed.

Seems to make no sense to me. Stuck out in Spain at a club with no money while Wales prepare for the world cup back home. He would be better off not taking a deal anywhere and just training with a few clubs in the UK.

I guess this is where the ‘coming home’ rumours came from. If Madrid continues to be home, then it makes perfect sense. Nice warm weather training and no pressure playing in a league he knows well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Seems to make no sense to me. Stuck out in Spain at a club with no money while Wales prepare for the world cup back home. He would be better off not taking a deal anywhere and just training with a few clubs in the UK.
    He needs minutes, he can do a job for us without but he'd be so much better if he was playing with any sort regularity.

He lives there, perfect weather, competitive league and a club that would let him get on with things without any fanfare.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    I guess this is where the ‘coming home’ rumours came from. If Madrid continues to be home, then it makes perfect sense. Nice warm weather training and no pressure playing in a league he knows well.
    I don't disagree that it makes sense but there'd be pressure to prove to the Spanish media/fans/Madrid that he's still got it

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I don't disagree that it makes sense but there'd be pressure to prove to the Spanish media/fans/Madrid that he's still got it
    I don't believe he thinks he has anything to prove to the Madrid fans judging by the warm reception he got from them when he left the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I don't believe he thinks he has anything to prove to the Madrid fans judging by the warm reception he got from them when he left the club.
    Alright then, rock paper scissors to see who's right. I'll go rock

Is it normal practice for a club (Real Madrid) to hawk around a player who’s contract is up and all ties have been cut? I was under the impression that once you come to the end of your time with a particular club (or even a few months before) the player and his advisers can make their own arrangements with no interference from their previous employer.

He needs minutes, he can do a job for us without but he'd be so much better if he was playing with any sort regularity.

He lives there, perfect weather, competitive league and a club that would let him get on with things without any fanfare.
    How can you possibly think there will be no fanfare? Their president got onto the press to announce an approach from his agent minutes after it happened. They would try and milk his signing for everything it is worth and rightly so.

I don't want him near a football pitch from mid October, just asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Is it normal practice for a club (Real Madrid) to hawk around a player who’s contract is up and all ties have been cut? I was under the impression that once you come to the end of your time with a particular club (or even a few months before) the player and his advisers can make their own arrangements with no interference from their previous employer.
    It's his agent though isn't it

Bale’s agent has told a journo it is rubbish, and he’s not got the Getafe President’s number

https://twitter.com/getafecf/status/...mn0GW3FHGEz9dQ

They feel confident. Let’s be honest, he was never coming to Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post

Changed my mind, this is rubbish, Bale is coming https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/s...IoASxjS-fL5gUQ

Changed my mind, this is rubbish, Bale is coming https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/s...IoASxjS-fL5gUQ
    Just a smokescreen 😉

Im all for a laugh, but why would he go to Getafe ? ? ? ? so he doesn't have to move house

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Im all for a laugh, but why would he go to Getafe ? ? ? ? so he doesn't have to move house
    Stamp Duty is pretty high to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Stamp Duty is pretty high to be fair.
    fair point

Do we still need him now that Callum O Dowde has signed?

Do we still need him now that Callum O Dowde has signed?
    We have signed three left-sided players so far. What do we want Bale for?

His agent has said it's rubbish. He did not say that about Cardiff.

I'd like to think that if wasn't coming to us and it wasn't an option that he would have enough respect for us as a club and a fan base to say clearly that we are not an option?

Thats not me thinking he is coming to us but just I would hope he has more thought for us than let the hype continue?? He seems a decent bloke than o take the piss??

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I'd like to think that if wasn't coming to us and it wasn't an option that he would have enough respect for us as a club and a fan base to say clearly that we are not an option?

Thats not me thinking he is coming to us but just I would hope he has more thought for us than let the hype continue?? He seems a decent bloke than o take the piss??
    To be fair not once has he ever suggested he is coming here so you could argue why should he

To be fair not once has he ever suggested he is coming here so you could argue why should he
    Because of the local media constant referencing of the possibility that has now seaped into the national media so surely he is not immune to the press coverage and even his agent has mentioned us in passing.