+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Punch 2.

Punch 2.

Bizarre ending to fight in Africa. Worrying ending. The undefeated boxer is heading to a clear points win forces his opponent to the ropes. Appears to take a slight jab but then starts throwing at an invisible opponent.

Never seen anything like it. Hope hes ok.

https://talksport-com.cdn.ampproject...celebration%2F

Re: Punch 2.

Horrible to see, completely disoriented. I can’t see it being too long before boxing is banned to be honest. I love the sport but the state of some of the older boxers, and the obvious damage and toll that years of being punched has had on them is horrific to see.

Worrying also that his opponent felt it was appropriate to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Worrying also that his opponent felt it was appropriate to celebrate.
    ridiculous celebration by that guy, seemed like he was getting battered and got a lucky punch away, then acts as though he's just put on a boxing masterclass

There have been big strides in other sports recently regarding the immediate recognition, assessment and treatment of head injuries and concussion, but the one sport where inflicting such injuries is the aim is allowed to carry on.
    If its not banned in the next few years, then I can see some sort of HIA's coming in after each round for each boxer in the near future.

Thats terrible.

Love boxing but when this happens you question it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    ridiculous celebration by that guy, seemed like he was getting battered and got a lucky punch away, then acts as though he's just put on a boxing masterclass
    yeah what a dickhead

RIP, that’s dreadful news.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Horrible to see, completely disoriented. I can’t see it being too long before boxing is banned to be honest. I love the sport but the state of some of the older boxers, and the obvious damage and toll that years of being punched has had on them is horrific to see.
    It’ll never get banned. Lots of guys, and women, want to fight. If Boxing gets banned, it will just go underground, and unlicensed with no proper medics in attendance.

Ah that’s horrible.

Shocking and deeply sad news. RIP