+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Did anyone else think that was a penalty...

Re: Did anyone else think that was a penalty...

If I was a ref I would never give Dan James a penalty

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    If I was a ref I would never give Dan James a penalty
    He was fouled today on the edge of the box and the ref gave nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I didn't think he was fouled.
    Goes down too easy and the refs are wising up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I didn’t think this at the time and thought, as I’m sure many have, “I wish he didn’t go down so easily”. Appreciate he’s a small rapid fella, so is liable to anyway but it’s starting to feel like he’s developed a rep with refs.

On the replay though, it did look a foul to me and thought he / we were a bit unlucky there.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    I didn't think he was fouled.
    Goes down too easy and the refs are wising up to him.
    I agree he goes down too easy and refs are wising up to him.

I think at half time on Sunday words must have been said as he looked to me like he was staying on his feet more. Then he does get fouled nothing is given and Page is booked.

Refs know he goes down so easily so now he needs to get assaulted for a free kick. His own fault.

I wish he would add a bit more strength and get his feet sorted, runs and plays like Pistorius.

Running over to refs in the 1st few minutes and yelling feck off in their faces doesnt help either.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You’ve got a point. The ref and his two linesmen got the decision wrong, as did a ref and God knows how many more other officials watching it with plenty of expensive machinery bought to, in theory, ensure right decisions are always made - the fact that the human element in the VAR system failed, as it does too often, just renders all of that machinery irrelevant, all it’s doing is breaking up the game to provide decisions that the officials at the ground could have got wrong much quicker
    Missed a chance to nail this thread. My Lithuanian friend has just sent me a picture of her serving Yarmolenko and Mykolenko at Cardiff Airport on Monday. They were speaking Russian and she speaks it too, I could have been so in the know.

I'm not sure what happened with the officials by the way. Just as Zinchenko is lining up his shot the ref raises his arm in the direction of the linesman. I failed my body language o-level so I won't try to interpret the exact meaning of that but I'm guessing the ref was unsure, asks his linesman who then gives his reply just as the ball breaks to Zinchenko.

While the obvious conclusion is that the linesman is saying 'no penalty', the ref is an awkward position if he's said the opposite. He's going to enrage the Ukrainians if he blows for a penalty just as Zinchenko is launching his shot into the top corner (especially if VAR then says no penalty) but if he plays on and they don't score Wales will be enraged if he then gives the penalty, having played an advantage.

With VAR the ref should have the best of both worlds here. He can play the advantage as he wants, knowing that VAR can still award the penalty after. Unless Stevie Wonder is on VAR duty, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    I saw it on replay when i got home, as i saw it, Allen pulled his leg back to strike the ball and the Ukrainian came form behind him and got to the ball as he kicked it. No intent, and Allen didn't know he was there, just a footballing incident, no foul imo.
    Yet with many of these handball decisions throughout the season there is no intent but the VAR decision is penalty.
    So while I totally agree with you, to be consistent it should have been given.

Yet I remember 1977 and Anfield, and we've waited 45 years for a rebalancing of justice - so at last things have evened themselves up