+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: £1m fine and 7 years in jail for illegally selling streams for games

£1m fine and 7 years in jail for illegally selling streams for games

Re: £1m fine and 7 years in jail for illegally selling streams for games

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    He obviously must have made a fair wedge to have been given what seems like a punitive fine.

I understand that it's their IP and they're entitled to chase prosecutions, but I hate the way the PL (and Uefa, La Liga etc) position themselves as some sort of holy protector of football's virtue when they catch and convict these people.

Not once do they stop to consider why people pirate football. The likes of Spotify, Netflix, and Disney+ are living proof that people are happy to pay for digital entertainment rather than pirate it if it is affordable. The cost of Sky Sports/BT in the UK is staggering, and totally disproportionate to what the rest of Europe pays.

And with the cost of living crisis, more and more people are going to be cutting their subscriptions.

The gall of them presenting this as some sort of moral victory that protects the honest fan. Totally ****ing tone deaf as usual.

So he's doing 7 years or he's not, I don't understand the surrendering of his passport in the article?

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    I understand that it's their IP and they're entitled to chase prosecutions, but I hate the way the PL (and Uefa, La Liga etc) position themselves as some sort of holy protector of football's virtue when they catch and convict these people.

Not once do they stop to consider why people pirate football. The likes of Spotify, Netflix, and Disney+ are living proof that people are happy to pay for digital entertainment rather than pirate it if it is affordable. The cost of Sky Sports/BT in the UK is staggering, and totally disproportionate to what the rest of Europe pays.

And with the cost of living crisis, more and more people are going to be cutting their subscriptions.

The gall of them presenting this as some sort of moral victory that protects the honest fan. Totally ****ing tone deaf as usual.
    So if you had a product that belonged to you, you would be happy for some herbert to come in and illegally make it and sell it at a cheaper price without your permission, so that you didn't get any of the rewards from it ? This is criminal activity and the people involved knew what they were doing and the risks involved. It wasn't a moral crusade by them to provide access to football for the poor under privileged fans either, it was a money making exercise, pure and simple. They wanted to make as much money as possible in as short a time as possible, illegally and didn't care who they hurt or fleeced in so doing.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So if you had a product that belonged to you, you would be happy for some herbert to come in and illegally make it and sell it at a cheaper price without your permission, so that you didn't get any of the rewards from it ? This is criminal activity and the people involved knew what they were doing and the risks involved. It wasn't a moral crusade by them to provide access to football for the poor under privileged fans either, it was a money making exercise, pure and simple. They wanted to make as much money as possible in as short a time as possible, illegally and didn't care who they hurt or fleeced in so doing.
    Like in the USA where they increased the price of insulin so much people die because they can't afford it..

The mistake you've made there is thinking football doesn't belong to the average person.

Lmao who got hurt from this, hilarious.

Football authorities sell coverage to their games to the highest bidders and all else follows.

Premier league and sky dirty stinking capitalist scum

Football is a game , not a product

Fck em

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Fck em
    Agree. Hate football being described as a product.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Agree. Hate football being described as a product.
    Who was that Scudamore slimeball who made millions out of being the mouthpiece for what is basically the old first division with bells on ?

Used to hate hearing him jazz everything up

Nope, read my post again.

I clearly state that I understand they were well within their rights to chase a prosecution.

I also haven't portrayed the people behind Dreambox as moral crusaders. They, and most streamers, are/were in it for monetary gain.

As I clearly explained, my issue is with the PL positioning themselves as the great protectors of us poor football fans when they pursue pirates. They overcharge massively for TV subscriptions and drive people to piracy with their own greed.

Nope, read my post again.

I clearly state that I understand they were well within their rights to chase a prosecution.

I also haven't portrayed the people behind Dreambox as moral crusaders. They, and most streamers, are/were in it for monetary gain.

As I clearly explained, my issue is with the PL positioning themselves as the great protectors of us poor football fans when they pursue pirates. They overcharge massively for TV subscriptions and drive people to piracy with their own greed.
    They are like greedy landlords sticking up the rent every 6 months

The Premier League are as greedy as anyone, and the sentence does seem very excessive, but seriously, it's clearly illegal, we all know it.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Fck em
    ..they're all ***** out there

Agree completely

anybody fancy a product of product this weekend?