+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My Smart Speaker Review

My Smart Speaker Review

I have tried quite a view now , albeit those at the mid and entry level range

Firstly they are sub standard to having a decent separates system , my wharfedale diamonds speakers and Cambridge audio amps are way better

Anyway , I tried Google nest , Amazon Echo , Amazon Studio and others like Anker , Sonos

I think you could spend 500 quid on a smart speaker and it would still be back of the queue standing next to proper hi fi stuff

But for general listening without being all music fascist about it I think you can get a good unit

Google Nest and Amazon Echo were both OK but struggled above volume 6 , especially with bass , that became muffled and distorted

The Sonos 1 was a top class sound but the Amazon Studio ticked all the boxes for me and was only 180 quid , very nice driving speaker which easily coped with heavy rock at volume 8

All in all its Sunday evening and I am bored out of my mind

Cheers

Re: My Smart Speaker Review

What do you mean "you tried" them? At home? Or in a shop?

I use nearfield monitors through an audio interface, which translates into an excellent listening experience. Those smart speakers are toys IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What do you mean "you tried" them? At home? Or in a shop?
    Both

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I use nearfield monitors through an audio interface, which translates into an excellent listening experience. Those smart speakers are toys IMO.
    Well there are certainly not high end