+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Derby County

Derby County

The takeover looks like it's fallen through.
    I can't see how they can avoid liquidation now.

Derby County: Chris Kirchner's takeover of financially-stricken club expected to collapse - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61729900

Re: Derby County

What an almighty mess

Deadlines for the takeover have come and gone. "It's happening today"....come and gone. Without the stadium DCFCs assets are worth substantially less than zero. Perhaps the "we're all having a party, cos Derby's closing down" chant at Pride Park was somewhat prophetic.

Mike Ashley will step in I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yes, I think that you're right. If he can't get the stadium, he'll play matches in the car park at his warehouse in Derbyshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Agreed.

The funds are on there way from Jersey as we speak.

Not looking good for them - by the sound of this, the Administrator's are a big part of the problem;-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...hner-takeover/

My uncle was a big Derby fan. In fact, the first game of football I ever went to was at the Baseball Ground. The famous Derby 3-2 Leeds game. I have no feelings for them though. They're just another team to me.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not looking good for them - by the sound of this, the Administrator's are a big part of the problem;-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...hner-takeover/
    http://www.eng-lang.co.uk/apostrophe_rules.htm

still amazed this is rolling on, I guess they have given up on deadlines and just said " take your time, no rush "

The League One fixture list comes out in 2 weeks.

If Derby is still in limbo at that point what do the EFL do? It can't drift on for ever.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The League One fixture list comes out in 2 weeks.

If Derby is still in limbo at that point what do the EFL do? It can't drift on for ever.
    but it looks like they can, deadline after deadline have gone, someone somewhere is going to have to Make the tough decision

Perhaps Bury could take their place. The EFL dropped them like a shit house seat.

What assets does the club have to sell off in the event of liquidation? Not the stadium. Five players and a tea trolley? Looks like the administrators are hanging on for a takeover so they get paid, handsomely, for their services. Fixtures are out week a week on Thursday and, at the moment, DCFC cannot fulfill those fixtures. They could be Luton'd at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Perhaps Bury could take their place. The EFL dropped them like a shit house seat.
    So true bloody gutles hypocrisy filled football establishment.

Where is thier sense of justice ??

EFL want to get involved in negotiations regarding Rams' takeover. Kirchner reckons he still wants to buy and the money is in a European bank account awaiting anti-laundering go ahead. Ashley feels ignored by the administrators. Others have the cash to buy with funds maybe available to save Derby from liquidation and get a team together (but with no stadium??). The administrators should be held to account. Clearly aren't doing a decent job.

interesting from that link

Concerns over Derby's future have mounted since Chris Kirchner failed to transfer the necessary cash before Friday's 5pm deadline

So they are still giving them deadlines then

Dont there are anymore deadlines.

Just now open to all potential buyers again.

Liam Rosenior to leave Derby and become Blackpool manager?

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...nship-24211465

Kirchner withdraws his bid to buy Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Kirchner withdraws his bid to buy Derby.
    Fans I feel sorry for - it's not their fault that the club has been badly mismanaged

Surprised there have been no takers potentially big club solid fan base in the championship etc.