Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
What I would say, although not wholly seriously, is that in that youth team we used to watch there were plenty of what I would call proper footballers there already without the need for Colwill to provide that something different - I wouldn't say that applied to the first team last season.

We are, of course, talking two different levels here and, so far, only a couple of that team (Bagan and Davies) have become anything like regular starters for City besides Colwill, I do think we didn't make enough use of him last season considering how little creativity we had in the squad.
We know how competitive Bellamy was at that level, I reckon he'd have played Colwill more if he'd been a key player for him. The season we won the league, Colwill only made 12 starts and was subbed in 10 of them, his appearances didn't change much after Bellamy stepped down. As a comparison, Pinchard made 16 starts and was ahead of Colwill at international level too. A few of the youngsters turned out for the under-23s when Bellamy went but, despite being in the squad a number of times, Colwill only made one appearance (in which he was subbed).

McCarthy brought him in but only gave him 90 minutes once (in his final game). He hasn't played 90 minutes for Wales yet and only made one appearance for Wales under-21s (as a sub). We used to compare him to Jason Fowler, his wiki page has him down as a winger and he got beaten to the Cardiff City young player of the season award by a Leeds United full back. I don't think Morison is the only one who's not quite sure what to make of him yet.