+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It's time to get fitter and shape up ......advice for a salad dodger please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: It's time to get fitter and shape up ......advice for a salad dodger please

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I do weights but don't do it for building muscle.
    It relieves stress improves stamina helps fat burn and metabolism plus it does help with toning.
    Weights don't improve stamina my friend. During an intensive high impact workout it will burn calories. You need to walk(at pace) bike or swim to
    improve stamina.
    The best thing you can do is to strengthen your core as you get older to protect your back etc...balance is also important

Re: It's time to get fitter and shape up ......advice for a salad dodger please

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Weights don't improve stamina my friend. During an intensive high impact workout it will burn calories. You need to walk(at pace) bike or swim to
    improve stamina.
    The best thing you can do is to strengthen your core as you get older to protect your back etc...balance is also important
    Maybe worded it wrong. When i do weights i don't do it with the aim of getting bigger or full of muscle.
    When i started doing weights i couldnt do anywhere near the sets and reps i do now.
    I don't increase the weight i've increased the reps has i go..
    It does work because my arms , chest and legs are toned