+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: It's time to get fitter and shape up ......advice for a salad dodger please

Re: It's time to get fitter and shape up ......advice for a salad dodger please

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Maybe worded it wrong. When i do weights i don't do it with the aim of getting bigger or full of muscle.
    When i started doing weights i couldnt do anywhere near the sets and reps i do now.
    I don't increase the weight i've increased the reps has i go..
    It does work because my arms , chest and legs are toned
    Middleweight boxers , martial artists tend to do medium reps , medium weight ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Is granola and seeds with yoghurt OK or too many carbs ?
    I dont think approaching it with questions like this is the right idea.

Your best bet is to simply eat less calories and move more.
    The Carbs will be considered in your calories if you use one of the trackers that has been mentioned.

Totally restricting yourself can lead to failure despite your best intentions.
    Get an app then program it to lose a moderate amount over a month.

Remember that losing 1lb a week isn't that hard and if you lose an lb per week every week over what period you want....you can totally do it without struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Well done mate. Great effort. Wish i could do the same.
    Spedger

Sludge keep it simple, you’re not a professional bodybuilder so overly obsessing about protein and carbs is pointless. EVERY DIET IN THE WORLD IS A SUCCESS DUE TO A CALORIE DEFICIT, that’s the ONLY way to lose weight.

Use this to find out how low you need to go
    calorie wise, in order to hit your target weigh let in a certain time period.

https://www.fatcalc.com/rwl

Eat that amount of calories, walk once a day and enjoy the results.

I'm the same height as Sludge and am at his target weight. I would like to lose another stone. The only way to do this is with diet, including giving up alcohol, and exercise. I'm not a gym person. For the last year I have been walking about 3 to 5 miles a day from home ( in pleasant non toxic surroundings) and play bowls 3 times a week but have yet to start altering my eating habits. That probably explains why my weight loss has been virtually non existent. Forget about getting cardio vascular exercise by using weights. Walk up a hill and you will soon be getting plenty of that. My next step is to deal with diet but that's the hardest and will pose difficulties for my lifestyle and then keeping any weight loss off will be the next challenge. However, nothing is gained without a little pain.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Is somebody can give me a basic home workout with dumbells , light weighted bars , fitball , kettleballs and stetches etc covering the main body groups that would be helpful .
    This is going to be important alongside diet I think

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

The Carbs will be considered in your calories if you use one of the trackers that has been mentioned.

Remember that losing 1lb a week isn't that hard and if you lose an lb per week every week over what period you want....you can totally do it without struggling.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Sludge keep it simple, you’re not a professional bodybuilder so overly obsessing about protein and carbs is pointless. EVERY DIET IN THE WORLD IS A SUCCESS DUE TO A CALORIE DEFICIT, that’s the ONLY way to lose weight.

Use this to find out how low you need to go
    calorie wise, in order to hit your target weigh let in a certain time period.

https://www.fatcalc.com/rwl

Eat that amount of calories, walk once a day and enjoy the results.
    Very interesting link

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I'm the same height as Sludge and am at his target weight. I would like to lose another stone. The only way to do this is with diet, including giving up alcohol, and exercise. I'm not a gym person. For the last year I have been walking about 3 to 5 miles a day from home ( in pleasant non toxic surroundings) and play bowls 3 times a week but have yet to start altering my eating habits. That probably explains why my weight loss has been virtually non existent. Forget about getting cardio vascular exercise by using weights. Walk up a hill and you will soon be getting plenty of that. My next step is to deal with diet but that's the hardest and will pose difficulties for my lifestyle and then keeping any weight loss off will be the next challenge. However, nothing is gained without a little pain.
    I enjoy walking , it's the only activity I don't give up on

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

good basic advice

if your weight stays the same now, look at what you eat, trim it down a little and you will lose weight , breakfast of 2 slices of toast goes down to 1, slightly smaller portions

then look at what exercise you do, up it a little a 30 min walk turns into a 45 min walk

this will mean you dont change your lifestyle drastically ( so won't give up ) its all about lifestyle change, the smaller the changes and most chance you have of keeping them

weigh once a week at the same time

Food wise, overnight oats are a good breakfast. Easy to make the night before and you can add lots of things to them to prevent them being boring

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    good basic advice

if your weight stays the same now, look at what you eat, trim it down a little and you will lose weight , breakfast of 2 slices of toast goes down to 1, slightly smaller portions

then look at what exercise you do, up it a little a 30 min walk turns into a 45 min walk

this will mean you dont change your lifestyle drastically ( so won't give up ) its all about lifestyle change, the smaller the changes and most chance you have of keeping them

weigh once a week at the same time
    I think my greatest weapon is going to be thinking realistically

Genetically I am not a bean pole

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Food wise, overnight oats are a good breakfast. Easy to make the night before and you can add lots of things to them to prevent them being boring
    Off topic , I had my ankle reconstruction at Port Talbot hospital June 2016

Theatre nurse was a bluebird from Goetre