+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Callum O Dowda signed from Brizzle.

Re: Callum O Dowda signed from Brizzle.

O'Dowda's Championship starts for Bristol City:

2016/17 - 15
    2017/18 - 13
    2018/19 - 20
    2019/20 - 17
    2020/21 - 14
    2021/22 - 16

Basically, an average of 16 league starts a season during six years at Ashton Gate.

His Championship goal tallies during the same period:

2016/17 - 0
    2017/18 - 1 (against Cardiff)
    2018/19 - 4
    2019/20 - 1
    2020/21 - 1
    2021/22 - 1

Let's be honest, Bristol City have been far from good during the last six years and O'Dowda apparently couldn't hold down a place in their starting line-up. He's just turned 27, so it'll be a surprise if he improves significantly on what he's shown so far. Having said that, maybe a change of scenery will do the trick.

Three year contract, hardly sounds as if it’s someone we’re taking a punt on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

2016/17 - 15
    2017/18 - 13
    2018/19 - 20
    2019/20 - 17
    2020/21 - 14
    2021/22 - 16

Basically, an average of 16 league starts a season duing six years at Ashton Gate.

2016/17 - 0
    2018/19 - 4
    2019/20 - 1
    2020/21 - 1
    2021/22 - 1

Let's be honest, Bristol City have been far from good during the last six years and O'Dowda apparently couldn't hold down a place in their starting line-up. He's just turned 27, so it'll be a surprise if he improves significantly on what he's showed so far. Having said that, maybe a change of scenery will do the trick.
    It doesn't make for good reading, does it.
    The majority of their fans (OTIB) say he failed to deliver during his time there, and of course they nearly all mention his inactivity due to injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    It played since January, only 7 full games last season. A downgrade on Vaulks or Bacuna or even Pack?
    Surely that can only be claimed after a season with us and not before he even kicks a ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He must be as cheap as chips, or Morison thinks that he can revitalise him and make him a player. Which option do you reckon
    Both maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    It doesn't make for good reading, does it. The majority of their fans (OTIB) say he failed to deliver during his time there, and of course they nearly all mention his inactivity due to injuries.
    He made a lot of sub appearances during his first four years in the Championship at Bristol - 19 in 16/17, 11 in 17/18, 11 in 18/19 and 15 in 19/20 (just 5 in 20/21 and 4 in 21/22).

His stats suggest he's a player who doesn't hold down a regular place in the team - the same was true even in his early years at Oxford. The most league games he's started in a season is just 20 (2014/15 in League Two for Oxford and 2018/19 in the Championship for Bristol).

He made a lot of sub appearances during his first four years in the Championship at Bristol - 19 in 16/17, 11 in 17/18, 11 in 18/19 and 15 in 19/20 (just 5 in 20/21 and 4 in 21/22).

His stats suggest he's a player who doesn't hold down a regular place in the team - the same was true even in his early years at Oxford. The most league games he's started in a season is just 20 (2014/15 in League Two for Oxford and 2018/19 in the Championship for Bristol).
    Well Bale won’t last 90 minutes haha

He’s an option at least, be interesting if Morison sticks with wingbacks and sees him as in impact player or alternative. I’m glad we at least have a winger now. I don’t know what type of player he is but from reading consistency seems to be the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Well Bale won’t last 90 minutes haha

He’s an option at least, be interesting if Morison sticks with wingbacks and sees him as in impact player or alternative. I’m glad we at least have a winger now. I don’t know what type of player he is but from reading consistency seems to be the issue.
    Don’t forget about Tanner. I’m more excited about his signing than this one, but O’Dowda has got twenty three caps which surprises me and has to be seen as a positive I suppose.

Oh great another below average player signed from Bristol city and on a 3 year contract, do we never learn!

2016/17 - 15
    2017/18 - 13
    2018/19 - 20
    2019/20 - 17
    2020/21 - 14
    2021/22 - 16

Basically, an average of 16 league starts a season during six years at Ashton Gate.

2016/17 - 0
    2018/19 - 4
    2019/20 - 1
    2020/21 - 1
    2021/22 - 1

Let's be honest, Bristol City have been far from good during the last six years and O'Dowda apparently couldn't hold down a place in their starting line-up. He's just turned 27, so it'll be a surprise if he improves significantly on what he's shown so far. Having said that, maybe a change of scenery will do the trick.
    At last a prolific goal scorer to replace Moore

Fecking hell this place is depressing

He's a new face

We need bodies

He's a CCFC player

End of fecking debate as far as I am concerned

Some of you lot should double up as corpses

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Fecking hell this place is depressing

He's a new face

We need bodies

He's a CCFC player

End of fecking debate as far as I am concerned

Some of you lot should double up as corpses
    Bet he’s on a quarter of a hat Murphy was on.

Am I the only one happy about this signing?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    If Morison can get Bagan to score 3 in 3, surely he can squeeze more out of O'Dowda...
    3 in 3?
    What about the other matches in which he didn’t score?

More left-wingers than the Jeremy Corbyn fan club.....

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    No

Glen Williams says we beat the Jacks and Sheff Utd to him. Great signing

It is encouraging that players are choosing us over other clubs. I'm sure it's not because we're offering more money.

Some people were kicking off about the loans in January backed up with stats, so let’s just wait and see i say.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Bet he’s on a quarter of a hat Murphy was on.
    Don’t know about a quarter of a hat but he’s got 23 international caps.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Don’t know about a quarter of a hat but he’s got 23 international caps.

What is it about this signing that makes you happy? It's a genuine question.

I like this signing because I think it's a cheap risk.

I like that:

- he's 27 years old.
    - has plenty of Championship experience.
    - has 23 caps for Rep of Ireland.
    - has good games in him. Up to management to bring it out more.
    - chose us over other clubs.
    - signed on a free.
    - has something to prove.
    - well-liked off the field.
    - doesn't own an illegal fight club.
    - Bristol City fans wanted him to sign his last contract when he was linked with a move elsewhere.
    - Once upon a time:

"O’Dowda, 23, joined the Robins from Oxford United back in 2016, and has been starring down the left flank for Lee Johnson this season.

With four goals and four assists this term, the Irish international is a key man at Ashton Gate, and his exploits have unsurprisingly attracted interest.

The Bristol Post noted in January that Leeds were interested in O’Dowda, though Bristol City were looking for something in the region of £10million for him.

Now though, the Bristol Post claim that O’Dowda is unlikely to sign a new deal with the Robins before the summer, seemingly waiting to see whether Bristol City go up or not."

I don't think he will win Player of the Season but I think he's a welcome addition to the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I like this signing because I think it's a cheap risk.

I like that:

- he's 27 years old.
    - has plenty of Championship experience.
    - has 23 caps for Rep of Ireland.
    - has good games in him. Up to management to bring it out more.
    - chose us over other clubs.
    - signed on a free.
    - has something to prove.
    - well-liked off the field.
    - doesn't own an illegal fight club.
    - Bristol City fans wanted him to sign his last contract when he was linked with a move elsewhere.
    - Once upon a time:

"O’Dowda, 23, joined the Robins from Oxford United back in 2016, and has been starring down the left flank for Lee Johnson this season.

With four goals and four assists this term, the Irish international is a key man at Ashton Gate, and his exploits have unsurprisingly attracted interest.

The Bristol Post noted in January that Leeds were interested in O’Dowda, though Bristol City were looking for something in the region of £10million for him.

Now though, the Bristol Post claim that O’Dowda is unlikely to sign a new deal with the Robins before the summer, seemingly waiting to see whether Bristol City go up or not."

I don't think he will win Player of the Season but I think he's a welcome addition to the squad.
    I'd add another positive if what Glen Williams of Wales Online says about Sheffield United and the jacks being after him as well is true - the view on Planet Swans seems to be that they were close to signing him.

I wonder if we are going to use him as a winger or possibly also at lwb